collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: The Outsider  (Read 5895 times)

warthogdriver

• Scholarship Player
The Outsider
« on: May 05, 2008, 03:56:07 PM »
"Personally I think TC is intimidated by the top name recruits. For all of his marketing skills everytime I talked to him I saw an insecure guy. I think that trait remains with him for life."

He is The Outsider. He comes from the wrong side of the tracks. His father deserted  Him when He was very young; there was no male presence in the home as He grew older - realizing linear progression without the concomitant maturity. He watched from afar, envying their nicer clothes, late model vehicles, and straight teeth. Summer time, when others were off to Europe, the lake house, or to the coast, He lingered behind, finding solace on the mean asphalt playgrounds. Even there He did not belong - lacking the physical attributes needed for success - but at least He did not feel so damned socially, economically and intellectually inferior - so much The Outsider, if you will.

Others went off to the better schools - private and prestigious - or even to the main campus in Ann Arbor. The Outsider's path led down the road to the school that required a geographical reference for its name. He resented being there and sought vicarious association through volunteering at a smaller private school. It was there that He began to plot out His path to that other, more enticing world denied to Him from birth.

As He began to enter the bigger and better world He knew, deep down He knew, that He would always be The Outsider. He learned their ways, their mannerisms, and their aspirations; unfortunately, He never learned their ethical code, their values, their moral fiber. The white trash, trailer park upbringing was still there - a mere micron below the surface, papered over with tailored starched shirts. He compensated through bravado and crass huckstering. His vulgar roots often flashed ugly - at children's sporting events, behind closed doors at the state-of-the-art practice facility paid for by His social betters, and in countless other unseen interactions with the world into which He managed access yet never truly understood.

Over the years, many left His court, traumatized by the unrefined sensibilities of The Outsider. His belligerence, the arrogance, were manifestations of one who knew He had entered a world that was not His. He lacked their refinement, their culture, their taste, their social maturity, and most telling, He never learned their sense of honor and its attendant dignity. He had gained admission but not acceptance. As He wandered the halls of His over done house, He knew that its decor lacked the finesse of the more tastefully appointed homes in His immediate neighborhood...So alone...so Outside
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 04:08:36 PM by warthogdriver »

THEGYMBAR

Re: The Outsider
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 03:57:44 PM »
Wart---Now I feel badly I dissed him ;D

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 04:06:01 PM »
Dude, chill out. Psychoanalysing the guy is a bit much. Whatever, the source, he was one very motivated guy.  He brought a lot to MU, now he's gone. End of story.
We Are Marquette

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2008, 04:20:06 PM »
Dude, chill out. Psychoanalysing the guy is a bit much. Whatever, the source, he was one very motivated guy.  He brought a lot to MU, now he's gone. End of story.

+1

Marquette Gyros

• Starter
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2008, 04:20:54 PM »

+1.  

The (really) cheap shots in the first and third paragraphs are particularly over the top and unnecessary.  An example of how you can take things too far.

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2008, 04:27:26 PM »
Anyone want to place bets that WHD is leading the board on the ignore list?  I know he's the only one on mine.

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2008, 04:29:58 PM »
Anyone want to place bets that WHD is leading the board on the ignore list?  I know he's the only one on mine.

I think WTD needs a hobby.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2008, 04:36:36 PM »
Warthog...you're an A-10 pilot, one of a special breed in the Air Force.  Stay above the fray.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2008, 04:39:25 PM »
I think WTD needs a hobby.

I think he has one, as seen above.

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2008, 05:07:45 PM »
That was the most bizarre post I have ever read.....honestly, you may have some deap rooted issues.

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2008, 05:12:29 PM »
Warthog...you're an A-10 pilot, one of a special breed in the Air Force.  Stay above the fray.

What fray is he in?  Or even close to? 

feedback