Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Evan Anderson to UW  (Read 2439 times)

Wareagle

• Team Captain
Evan Anderson to UW
« on: May 04, 2008, 12:28:24 AM »
http://www.wissports.net/sports/hoopsb/article.asp?nid=14818

They are full up for '10.  Let's get Flavien Davis!

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
Re: Evan Anderson to UW
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2008, 01:14:24 AM »
UW men's basketball: Anderson commits to Badgers
State Journal staff

It took the University of Wisconsin men's basketball team less than a week to fill out its 2010 recruiting class.

Eau Claire North sophomore center Evan Anderson gave the Badgers an oral commitment Saturday night, his AAU coach Ritchie Davis confirmed early Sunday.

The 6-foot-11, 250-pound Anderson joins Madison Memorial sophomore guard Vander Blue in UW's 2010 class. Blue made an oral commitment to join the Badgers last Monday.

"I made the decision now because I wanted to get it done and I thought I had a pretty good idea of what I wanted to do," Anderson told wishoops.net, which first reported his commitment.

"Wisconsin was my choice over the rest by a lot. I wanted to stay close to home so my parents can come to watch me play. That was definitely a big thing."

Anderson averaged roughly 10 points and six rebounds per game last season, and helped lead Eau Claire North to an 18-5 record and a berth in the WIAA Division 1 state quarterfinals.

He ranks as the No. 5 recruit in the country for the Class of 2010 according to rivals.com, and ranks No. 10 nationally according to scout.com.

Marquette, Boston College, Iowa State, Kansas, Kentucky, North Carolina and UCLA also reportedly showed interest in Anderson.

"With all the coaching changes going on in college basketball, I think Evan was comfortable knowing (Badgers coach) Bo Ryan would be around for his entire collegiate career," Davis told wishoops.net.

"There were rumors of Wisconsin offering other kids from the Midwest in the Class of 2010, but Wisconsin made it clear from the get-go Evan was their No. 1 guy."
SS Marquette

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2008, 06:46:01 AM »
No surprise here. Anderson will fit nicely with the Badgers. I hope he averages 25 and 12 vs. IU.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2008, 09:33:58 AM »
No surprise here. Anderson will fit nicely with the Badgers. I hope he averages 25 and 12 vs. IU.

Fit right in ... as in another tall kid who won't develop under Bo Ryan?

And I'm stunned to see Ritchie Davis putting himself front and center::)

mviale

• All American
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2008, 10:14:40 AM »
I guarantee you that Crean didnt have a chance with this kid.
You heard it here first. Davante Gardner will be a Beast this year.
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=27259

nola03

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2008, 10:26:07 AM »
The people who watch Wisconsin high school basketball think Anderson is best suited as a traditional back-to-the-basket post player. They feel he has a high ceiling in that sense. If that's the case, it'll be interesting to see if Ryan gets the best out of him in the Swing system or if Anderson follows along the lines of Stiemsma as a mis-used player and Butch as a solid player who was way overhyped coming in.

jce

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2008, 08:27:29 AM »
The people who watch Wisconsin high school basketball think Anderson is best suited as a traditional back-to-the-basket post player. They feel he has a high ceiling in that sense. If that's the case, it'll be interesting to see if Ryan gets the best out of him in the Swing system or if Anderson follows along the lines of Stiemsma as a mis-used player and Butch as a solid player who was way overhyped coming in.

I do think that Butch was a little bit of a late bloomer and burst on the scene with expectations that were hard to reach.  People have been talking about Anderson for a couple of years already.  I think he is going to have a much better low post game than Butch ever did, but likely not the outside ability.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2008, 10:05:05 AM »

I do think that Butch was a little bit of a late bloomer and burst on the scene with expectations that were hard to reach.  People have been talking about Anderson for a couple of years already.  I think he is going to have a much better low post game than Butch ever did, but likely not the outside ability.

The fact he was a McDonald's All American pretty much precludes him from being a late bloomer. If anything, he was a too-early bloomer whose basketball growth curve flattened out in high school.
Anyone who points to his senior year as evidence of his late blooming would do well to keep in mind he was 23-year-old fifth-year senior playing in a conference with an absolute dearth of talent in the post.
Nothing against him. I'm sure he's a good kid and all, but his talents either went to waste at UW (scary thought for Evan Anderson) or he never was that good in the first place.

feedback