'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: For Sale  (Read 10650 times)

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
Re: For Sale
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2008, 01:35:56 PM »
yes that is funny the "family" picture...and all his comments of Mu being the place he wanted to be and his talks with Al.  I knew he was fake and full of S#1t from day 1 that is why i was able to predcit his speech at IU almost to the word!!  

Couple of other points....His wife has about as much style and ability to decorate a house aa a teenage boy.  

Also, one thing that will leave a lasting memory was last summer's Mu basketball camp.  The picture of Riley reminded me of it and while nothing suprised me with Tom Crean some things just left you shaking your head...Any way at the culmination of the camp they hand out the playmaker awards, hustle awards, ala the MU basketball banquet...Tom the prick stood there as Riley ( and he is a good little player but my no means the best player simply one of many good players) proceeded to be given almost every single award.  Having a number of sons, all very good athletes, as a caoch myself they never get awards of that type when i am handing them out...no matter how deserving.  Maybe 1, most often none and I will talk to them as to why and they understand and accept that.  It only builds animosity and resentment from parents, etc. "he only got the award because his dad is AD, coach, etc"   Meanwhile Riley is literally wearing a path to the awards table as he is announced time after time for every single award.  Meanwhile the groans from the hundreds of parents who are encouraged to attend the awards cermenony became more and more audible to the point of people shaking their heads in disbelief.  The very fact that he was given the awards and that Crean allowed it was amazing.  the fact that he had not told the "choosers"  something to the affect that " i dont care if my kid is the next Labron James he gets 1 award maximum and preferably none"...boggled my mind.  It was painful and i sat there talking to friends saying.." how stupid can you be?...you just dont do that...etc"  It was truly not only unbeleivable but yet another pathetic defining moment of our former coach, absolutely classless.  Afew weeks ago when he thankfully left i got an email from another camper's parent that said " well now at least soem other kids can win some awards at the Mu camp this year".
What a pathetic loser that man is.  

Ok chico time to defend that incident.  
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 01:41:48 PM by MR.HAYWARD »

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2008, 01:37:26 PM »
Stalkers.

So when does Crean or Donovan's next flight land you sickos  ::)
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2008, 01:40:25 PM »
yes that is funny the "family" picture...and all his comments of Mu being the place he wanted to be and his talks with Al.  I knew he was fake and full of S#1t from day 1 that is why i was able to predcit his speech at IU almost to the word!!  

Couple of other points....His wife has about as much style and ability to decorate a house aa a teenage boy.  

Also, one thing that will leave a lasting memory was last summer's Mu basketball camp.  The picture of Riley reminded me of it and while nothing suprised me with Tom Crean some things just left you shaking your head...Any way at the culmination of the camp they hand out the playmaker awards, hustle awards, ala the MU basketball banquet...Tom the prick stood there as Riley ( and he is a good little player but my no means the best player simply one of many good players) proceeded to be givien almost every single award.  Having a number of sons, all very good athletes, as a caoch myself they never get awards of that type when i am handing them out...no matter how deserving.  It only builds animosity and resentment from parents, etc. "he only got the award because his dad is AD, coach, etc"   Meanwhile Riley is literally wearing a path to the awards table as he is announce time after time for every single award.  Meanwhile the groans from the hundreds of parents who are encouraged to attend the awards cermenony became more and more audible to the point of people shaking the heads in disbelief.  It was painful and i sat there talking to friends saying.." how stupid can you be?...you just dont do that...etc"  I was truly not only unbeleivable but yet another pathetic defining moment of our former coach.  Afew weeks ago when he thankfully left i got an email from another campers parent that said " well now at least soem other kids can win some awards at the Mu camp this year".

No need to defend, as a coach myself I would not do that either. Taking shots now at the guy's wife....I think you've outdone yourself which I didn't think was possible. 

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2008, 01:44:09 PM »
oh you think that story is telling of the individual I have a few absolute doozies that blow that away that i will not air, would make people's jaws drop but i will not air them on the internet.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2008, 01:52:16 PM »
oh you think that story is telling of the individual I have a few absolute doozies that blow that away that i will not air, would make people's jaws drop but i will not air them on the internet.

Just as I have some absolute beauties of Deane, KO and even a few legendary coaches going back further at MU....some that would blow you away.  Why is anyone surprised?  As I said often, coaches are mostly insecure pricks, always looking over their shoulders, always worried about being fired or having to play tonsil hockey with some jock sniffing booster, while at the same time having to be an authority figure for a bunch of 18-23 year olds that often come from backgrounds that are all over the place in terms of behavior, etc. No wonder coaches are screwed up, they're manufactured largely to be that way.  Not all, but a good number of them.

Nothing surprises me with coaches....NOTHING.  They're a different breed.

Ready2Fly

• All American
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2008, 01:53:00 PM »

Also, one thing that will leave a lasting memory was last summer's Mu basketball camp.  The picture of Riley reminded me of it and while nothing suprised me with Tom Crean some things just left you shaking your head...Any way at the culmination of the camp they hand out the playmaker awards, hustle awards, ala the MU basketball banquet...Tom the prick stood there as Riley ( and he is a good little player but my no means the best player simply one of many good players) proceeded to be given almost every single award.  Having a number of sons, all very good athletes, as a caoch myself they never get awards of that type when i am handing them out...no matter how deserving.  Maybe 1, most often none and I will talk to them as to why and they understand and accept that.  It only builds animosity and resentment from parents, etc. "he only got the award because his dad is AD, coach, etc"   Meanwhile Riley is literally wearing a path to the awards table as he is announced time after time for every single award.  Meanwhile the groans from the hundreds of parents who are encouraged to attend the awards cermenony became more and more audible to the point of people shaking their heads in disbelief.  The very fact that he was given the awards and that Crean allowed it was amazing.  the fact that he had not told the "choosers"  something to the affect that " i dont care if my kid is the next Labron James he gets 1 award maximum and preferably none"...boggled my mind.  It was painful and i sat there talking to friends saying.." how stupid can you be?...you just dont do that...etc"  It was truly not only unbeleivable but yet another pathetic defining moment of our former coach, absolutely classless.  Afew weeks ago when he thankfully left i got an email from another camper's parent that said " well now at least soem other kids can win some awards at the Mu camp this year".

WOW.  That is honestly pathetic.  

Does it surprise me?  Not in the least.
/Wilbon

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2008, 02:00:36 PM »
We're now critiquing the interior design skills of the former coach's wife?

Sheesh, get a life. And how come you know so much about the design skills of teenage boys?

« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 02:02:21 PM by Pakuni »

HomeCourtAdvantage

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2008, 02:05:21 PM »
I'm kinda curious what kind of house 1.5 mil buys you in Bloomington.

Edit: Answer - http://idx.consultech.net/detail.asp?ID=B50&SCRIPT_NAME=/AllSearchResult.asp&sTransactionNumber=10051606&sCRecord=3&page=1
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 02:14:18 PM by HomeCourtAdvantage »
Sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2008, 02:06:00 PM »

Incident confirmed.  My son (same age as Riley) was at the same camp last summer.  Last week he was still talking about Riley winning the awards.  His comment:  "Riley sucked--why did he get all the awards?  At least he won't be there this year..."
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

jce

« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2008, 02:19:05 PM »

Hardly.  I don't see dirty clothes and empty Gatorade bottles all over the floor.

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2008, 02:24:39 PM »
Chicos...you points about coaches and boosters, etc. playing babysitter and all that are well taken.  I have been in similar situations...a few with Deane that were...well lets just say ..fun?   But that is completely different, in my opinion.  

Here was Crean standing there proud as a peacock, as his son is given every award.  I mean, I was flabbergasted.  Maybe the the couselors were caught up in the greatest incident of ass kissing of all time.  But that is where even before the threat of that happens you say ..."my son is eligible for no more than 1 award....on second thought ...he is eligible for none".  Or at some point when you hear the 2000 parents groaning...do you not walk over and no longer act like you were just named prom queen and say guys "enough give the freaking awards to someone else"!   Absolutely indefensible... I was embarrassed for the guy and this is an individual I do not even like...and he was just eating it up!   Mind boggling!

PuertoRicanNightmare

« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2008, 02:25:43 PM »

Hardly.  I don't see dirty clothes and empty Gatorade bottles all over the floor.

But knowing our former coach, we know there was plenty of self gratification going on.

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2008, 02:28:44 PM »
*********Sheesh, get a life. And how come you know so much about the design skills of teenage boys?******

-ahhhh, because I was one at one point, weren't you?   I detected a feminine hint to your posts.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2008, 02:31:29 PM »
*********Sheesh, get a life. And how come you know so much about the design skills of teenage boys?******

-ahhhh, because I was one at one point, weren't you?   I detected a feminine hint to your posts.

No, I have never been a teenage interior designer. I guess I missed out on all the fun you and your pals had doing the feng shui thing.  :'(

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2008, 02:47:08 PM »
Worthless post but hilarious.   Keep up the great work!

Ready2Fly

• All American
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2008, 03:03:14 PM »
Chicos...you points about coaches and boosters, etc. playing babysitter and all that are well taken.  I have been in similar situations...a few with Deane that were...well lets just say ..fun?   But that is completely different, in my opinion.  

Here was Crean standing there proud as a peacock, as his son is given every award.  I mean, I was flabbergasted.  Maybe the the couselors were caught up in the greatest incident of ass kissing of all time.  But that is where even before the threat of that happens you say ..."my son is eligible for no more than 1 award....on second thought ...he is eligible for none".  Or at some point when you hear the 2000 parents groaning...do you not walk over and no longer act like you were just named prom queen and say guys "enough give the freaking awards to someone else"!   Absolutely indefensible... I was embarrassed for the guy and this is an individual I do not even like...and he was just eating it up!   Mind boggling!

I feel bad for his son.  When kids that age know someone is getting something undeserved they can be pretty harsh.

butchbadger

• Starter
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2008, 03:05:02 PM »
wow, guess money doesn't buy taste.

I am glad someone said it.   :o

I live less than a mile away. There are only a handful of houses on the small street, one uglier than the next.  New money...bad architecture/design.  

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2008, 03:39:41 PM »
Mrs. FryBoy's response:

did you see the property taxes?!
furniture too big in every room for size of room...and bad taste
they have the same under the cabinet tv we do in the kitchen...in the middle of the two as well...
hellO...remove some of the books on the bookshelf for staging!
and on less than an acre...ugh

not impressed.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2008, 03:49:56 PM »
I didn't see the tanning bed in any of these pictures.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2008, 04:03:08 PM »
I think the sunlamp is in the sauna.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

MUEng93

• Walk-On
  • Drinking the Gold Kool-aid
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2008, 04:08:44 PM »
I am predicting that the listing realtor is probably really excited this afternoon.  The listing has probably had more than 500 hits since noon.....a lot of people interested in dropping $1.5 million on this house this weekend.  This will most likely lead to a bidding war for the house with this interest.

To bad she doesn't know that all of the interest was from a message board.

LovinCrowder

• Team Captain
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2008, 05:25:26 PM »
I am predicting that the listing realtor is probably really excited this afternoon.  The listing has probably had more than 500 hits since noon.....a lot of people interested in dropping $1.5 million on this house this weekend.  This will most likely lead to a bidding war for the house with this interest.

To bad she doesn't know that all of the interest was from a message board.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Actually, I was very surprised, too, at the property taxes.  WOW, talk about high. 

Actually, if I were the realtor, I would take another full set of pictures minus all of their stuff (wow, talk about bad taste!!)- she will have a much better chance of selling it with bare rooms, if you ask me.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2008, 08:39:50 PM »
Mrs. FryBoy's response:

did you see the property taxes?!
furniture too big in every room for size of room...and bad taste
they have the same under the cabinet tv we do in the kitchen...in the middle of the two as well...
hellO...remove some of the books on the bookshelf for staging!
and on less than an acre...ugh

not impressed.

Same cabinet TV eh? So how close were you and Tommy? How are your melanoma levels?

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2008, 08:54:50 PM »
Anyone notice this photo, look on the table by the stairs:

http://www.redata.com/100021/shorew/stills/1004657hx.jpg

Family. Committment. "Taking Ownership." These are the things that are important to....aw damn it. I swore I was thru bashing that clown!
We Are Marquette

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2008, 09:22:56 PM »
Anyone notice this photo, look on the table by the stairs:

http://www.redata.com/100021/shorew/stills/1004657hx.jpg

Yeah!

In Indiana Crimson no doubt!!!
SS Marquette