Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

ā€œIā€™m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.ā€ -Field of 68 by Viper
[Today at 07:27:04 PM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[Today at 07:15:38 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[Today at 01:19:59 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[Today at 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

2024-25 Roster by StillAWarrior
[May 30, 2024, 03:43:45 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Could this be...  (Read 1464 times)

MUfan12

• All American
Could this be...
« on: April 23, 2008, 12:19:02 AM »
... the one and only Loud Guy?  :D

Brad (MIlwaukee, WI): Dana, I've been torn since Tom Crean left Marquette. What's the proper description for someone who leaves his employer and players (his "family") in the dark of night without so much of a courtesy call, for someone who starts sniffing around the job of his "close friend" in February, then briskly steps over his still warm dead body for his job, for someone who leaves a job paying him at least $1.6 million in a major city at a school in a major conference to one that pays him slightly more at a school in a one cow town in the middle of nowhere that's in a mid-major conference, for someone who tells recruits to come and play because other existing players will be gone by the time they arrive in order to alleviate concerns about "backcourt logjam". So, I've been torn: is the proper term for that person "Judas" or "that whore" (think Vince Vaughn emphasis in "Old School")? Crean and Treason shirts available in Milwaukee.

Dana O'Neil: (2:40 PM ET ) Brad: Man I'd say bitter is more like it, not torn.

chapman

• All American
Re: Could this be...
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 12:48:41 AM »
Ok, that guy did go over the top, and went way further into the "why" rather than the "how".  But I'm really sick of hearing this "bitter" garbage from IU fans and the media.  The day Crean left and for a couple days later, a ton of students on campus were rejoicing.  I was surprised and a little worried and couldn't believe how happy everyone was.  Though a minority, several people on this board were about as far from bitter as you can get with him leaving.  Most coaches don't leave in the way Crean did, especially with a happy and healthy team in a major conference.  Unlike other schools that have their coach leave, we have a solid group of players to stand by.  Just because IU is a program in shambles that is willing to accept anyone without an impending prison sentence doesn't mean we are bitter for pointing out things Crean did that coaches that leave other schools just don't do.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
Re: Could this be...
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 09:08:05 AM »
Ok, that guy did go over the top, and went way further into the "why" rather than the "how".  But I'm really sick of hearing this "bitter" garbage from IU fans and the media.  The day Crean left and for a couple days later, a ton of students on campus were rejoicing.  I was surprised and a little worried and couldn't believe how happy everyone was.  Though a minority, several people on this board were about as far from bitter as you can get with him leaving.  Most coaches don't leave in the way Crean did, especially with a happy and healthy team in a major conference.  Unlike other schools that have their coach leave, we have a solid group of players to stand by. Just because IU is a program in shambles that is willing to accept anyone without an impending prison sentence doesn't mean we are bitter for pointing out things Crean did that coaches that leave other schools just don't do.

Just wait until DJ, McNeal, and Wes leave, THEN evaluate the long-term players (sans the recent recruits of Buzz).

With the three amigos gone, Crean's left the cupboard bare with only Lazar and maybe counting TM (but he was good to leave at one time).
SS Marquette