collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Baseball Pissing Match  (Read 461348 times)

MUEng92

• All American
Re: The Offical Cubs & Brewers Pissing Match
« Reply #1025 on: September 15, 2008, 12:08:42 PM »
Crazy enviroment.  I've been to big games before but I've never seen anything like it!  One guy had a "Tres Ocho" sign for Zambrano.  I liked it!

If you look closely in the bleacher you can see a pleased MarqPTM.

I think I see myself in the right field bleachers above the UWM sign.  (Thank God I didn't realize that I was sitting above the UWM sign.  That would have been the only negative about last night)

Being a Cubs and Packers fan, the only thing I can compare it to was the 1997 NFC Championship game against Carolina that I was lucky enough to attend.  Most of the time I brush off the cliche that "the atmosphere was electric", but I can't describe the last two innings any differently.

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #1026 on: September 15, 2008, 02:58:11 PM »
so, uh... anyone following today's game between the Astros and the Cubs?  Lilly is doing fairly well through six...
A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1027 on: September 15, 2008, 03:06:29 PM »
what, you mean the possible no hitter?

yes, yes I said it.

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #1028 on: September 15, 2008, 04:56:26 PM »
what, you mean the possible no hitter?

yes, yes I said it.

uh huh, well thanks a ton.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #1029 on: September 16, 2008, 11:10:49 AM »
One hit in the last 18 innings isn't too shabby though.  And that one hit was a single.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #1030 on: September 16, 2008, 06:07:24 PM »
The Packers won more games in the last week than the Brewers.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1031 on: September 16, 2008, 08:57:57 PM »
The Packers won more games in the last week than the Brewers.
The Bears never do that...even after the Cubs' season is done.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #1032 on: September 16, 2008, 09:06:41 PM »
As a Packer fan you should know the Bears had at least two wins last year.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1033 on: September 16, 2008, 09:32:21 PM »
As a Packer fan you should know the Bears had at least two wins last year.
...and that summarizes the difference between the Bears (and their fans) and the Packers (and their fans).  Ask the Bears fans how they did and they'll say it was a good season, we beat the Packers.  Ask the Packers fans how they did and they'll say we had a good season but a disappointing end to the season in the NFC Championship game.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

spartan3186

• All American
« Reply #1034 on: September 16, 2008, 09:42:57 PM »
Right... the Bears had a down year last year but who's been to a Super Bowl more recently?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1035 on: September 16, 2008, 09:48:38 PM »
Right... the Bears had a down year last year but who's been to a Super Bowl more recently?
Alright...who's won a Super Bowl more recently?  They had a down year just once recently?  I'd argue it's more accurate to say they had 1 up year 2 years ago than 1 down year last year.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #1036 on: September 16, 2008, 09:58:07 PM »
...and that summarizes the difference between the Bears (and their fans) and the Packers (and their fans).  Ask the Bears fans how they did and they'll say it was a good season, we beat the Packers.  Ask the Packers fans how they did and they'll say we had a good season but a disappointing end to the season in the NFC Championship game.

Woah woah woah.  I don't follow football much but if you ask a Bears fan they will tell you we sucked ass last year and we will probably suck ass this year as well.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1037 on: September 16, 2008, 10:17:00 PM »
Woah woah woah.  I don't follow football much but if you ask a Bears fan they will tell you we sucked ass last year and we will probably suck ass this year as well.
Alright, fair enough, but you didn't tell me that.  You told me what I think most Bears fans will tell me (at least if they know I'm a Packers fan).

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1038 on: September 16, 2008, 10:19:31 PM »
Let's keep this baseball related. A bears packers thread is needed.

Back to baseball. By what percentage will Brewers attendance drop after they fail to make the playoffs?

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #1039 on: September 16, 2008, 10:33:31 PM »
Big Z's no-hitter is now available on iTunes for $1.99.

It can also be seen Friday night at 10:00 PM on WGN.

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #1040 on: September 16, 2008, 10:55:26 PM »
I've changed my mind and deiced that cc should win the Cy young.  Have you seen his numbers when he isn't playing the cubs?  When he's pitching against teams other than the cubs he's absolutely unhitable.  He's single handedly almost keeping the brewers in the wild card race and has a great chance of running his reccord to 11 and 0 when not playing the cubs.  That's just incredible.

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #1041 on: September 16, 2008, 11:21:25 PM »
Wood's game-clinching, 3-2 breaking ball, after Fielder had fouled off about 4 high heaters, was just filthy. Hats off to him and the Cubs on a nice win tonight.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #1042 on: September 16, 2008, 11:26:37 PM »
Really a heck of a ballgame tonight.

And it stung pretty bad... but at least I felt something.

MUAlum99

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #1043 on: September 17, 2008, 09:07:02 AM »
By what percentage will Brewers attendance drop after they fail to make the playoffs?

I know you're trying to say that we have bandwagon fans - but honestly, I think it really depends on what happens over the offseason.  Let's say we pick up a manager with playoff experience (Valentine, Brenley, Leyland, etc) and we grab a LH lead-off hitter and maybe a #2 or #3 starter...I think the expectations will be just as big as they were this year and the attendance will not drop as dramatically as you think.

On the other hand, if Sheeter leaves, CC leaves (given) and the Brewers don't spend any money and grab a minor league hack manager - I agree...attendance will drop dramatically.

BTW - Woods last pitch last night was absolutely FILTHY.  Fielder was caught with his pants down looking for the 98 MPH heater...what he got instead was a mouth full of Uncle Charley.  Wow.  Fielder's homerun last night?  Probably one of the longest I've seen hit out of Wrigley...
“These guys in this locker room are all warriors -- every one of them. We ought to change our name back from the Golden Eagles because warriors are what we really are."  - Wesley Matthews

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1044 on: September 17, 2008, 09:25:51 AM »
I know you're trying to say that we have bandwagon fans - but honestly, I think it really depends on what happens over the offseason.  Let's say we pick up a manager with playoff experience (Valentine, Brenley, Leyland, etc) and we grab a LH lead-off hitter and maybe a #2 or #3 starter...I think the expectations will be just as big as they were this year and the attendance will not drop as dramatically as you think.

On the other hand, if Sheeter leaves, CC leaves (given) and the Brewers don't spend any money and grab a minor league hack manager - I agree...attendance will drop dramatically.

BTW - Woods last pitch last night was absolutely FILTHY.  Fielder was caught with his pants down looking for the 98 MPH heater...what he got instead was a mouth full of Uncle Charley.  Wow.  Fielder's homerun last night?  Probably one of the longest I've seen hit out of Wrigley...

Great points, but bandwagon fans aren't into managers and players. Just winning. Especially if a couple jersey players are leaving next year.

I assume you've never seen Glenallen Hill's BOMB?

MUAlum99

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #1045 on: September 17, 2008, 09:31:08 AM »
Great points, but bandwagon fans aren't into managers and players. Just winning. Especially if a couple jersey players are leaving next year.

I assume you've never seen Glenallen Hill's BOMB?

Agreed...IF (and that's a BIG if) the Brewers spend money this offseason, it has to produce wins for the fans to come out to the park past May.

Haven't seen GAH's bomb...where did he hit it?
“These guys in this locker room are all warriors -- every one of them. We ought to change our name back from the Golden Eagles because warriors are what we really are."  - Wesley Matthews

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1046 on: September 17, 2008, 10:06:45 AM »
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3017957919029122909

Steve Woodard never had a chance. I'm also this is the exact moment Hank White decided he really wanted to leave the Brewers for the Cubs.

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #1047 on: September 17, 2008, 10:49:17 AM »

I think the longest i saw was sosa's.  It went over waveland and about 5 or 6 car lengths down some side street i can't remember.  There was gold spray paint marking the spot it was crazy to stand on it and see how far from wrigley it was.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #1048 on: September 17, 2008, 11:17:02 AM »

Valentine is committed to Japanesse baseball and has turned down requests to return because he likes the way the game is played in Japan better.

Brenley just signed a 6-year deal with WGN.

Leyland doesn't have much time left if you know what I mean.

But hey, Walt Jocketty in Cinci is trying to get the Reds to eat eat Dusty Baker's contract and release him.  Next stop Milwaukee!

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #1049 on: September 17, 2008, 11:26:02 AM »
Valentine is committed to Japanesse baseball and has turned down requests to return because he likes the way the game is played in Japan better.

Brenley just signed a 6-year deal with WGN.

Leyland doesn't have much time left if you know what I mean.

But hey, Walt Jocketty in Cinci is trying to get the Reds to eat eat Dusty Baker's contract and release him.  Next stop Milwaukee!

I think I hear Manny Parra's arm screaming.

feedback