collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Baseball Pissing Match  (Read 461395 times)

RawdogDX

• All American
Re: The Offical Cubs & Brewers Pissing Match
« Reply #850 on: August 27, 2008, 07:36:23 PM »
1) I'm not assuming you're posting for our benefit.
2) Maybe and maybe not, but I can find some that are at least somewhat necessary and have information that some people on the board care about and don't know.

Jesus, it's like talking to a teenager.  
You don't know what information 'some people' will 'care about and don't know'.

JSwarriors08

« Reply #851 on: August 27, 2008, 08:12:53 PM »
Every team has idiot fans.  Some of my best friends are Cubs fans, and are guys I could sit down and rationally talk baseball with over a beer without any pissing.  I've got respect for that.  But there are plenty of Cubs fans bringing down the average IQ across their fan base.  I've heard just as many stupid and unintelligent baseball arguments when I've gone to Wrigley to enjoy a game while wearing my Brewers cap.  It happens.  At least neither of the teams (Cubs or Brewers) have the unbelievably dumb fan base that Sawx nation does.

We just have more right now because we're experiencing "Bandwagon Syndrome."  Bunch of ignorant people that decide to buy a Sabathia jersey and go to one or two games because they're playing well, then hop on the internet and moan about how much they hate the Cubs.

Yeah, I'd love it if the Cubs started losing and giving up some ground to the Crew.  But they're playing great baseball, which is good for them.  They're a great team and I think this division race has been a blast.  I think the possibility of the two meeting in the playoffs is amazing.  I'm just gonna sit back and enjoy my small-market team making a post-season run because it might not happen for another 26 years.

Moonboots

• Starter
« Reply #852 on: August 27, 2008, 08:20:30 PM »
Too many idiot Brewer fans. Go some other team for the wild card.
::)  Really?

Apparently the north side must be littered with cracked mirrors.

I'm puzzled as to why no one else seems to have that huge a problem with Brewers fans, but fan bases from across the nation loathe Cubs fans.  

All I DO know is, if I have to listen to one more person try to explain to me how Fukudome is the best right fielder in the National League because he started in the all star game, I might puke.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #853 on: August 27, 2008, 08:32:53 PM »
Jesus, it's like talking to a teenager.  
You don't know what information 'some people' will 'care about and don't know'.

I am a teenager ;D

And you really think people on here do care about your analysis of how dominant the Cubs played in their series against (enter team name here)?  If so, it's weird that I'm the only one who responds to those posts, and it's a sarcastic "Cool!" or "Good to hear!"  I'd think there would be more discussion about those posts if people cared about and didn't know.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 08:39:56 PM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

spartan3186

• All American
« Reply #854 on: August 27, 2008, 08:45:09 PM »
Another sweep heading into a 4 game home series against philli.  We'll have the pitching advantage all 4 games.

I disagree with this statement. I like Hamels over Dempster personally... Just my opinion.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #855 on: August 27, 2008, 09:10:46 PM »
Why is Bill Schroeder called Rock?  Is it because he has the IQ of one?  I can't stand him at all.  I don't mind Brian Anderson but I despise Bill Schroeder.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #856 on: August 27, 2008, 09:20:16 PM »
Why is Bill Schroeder called Rock?  Is it because he has the IQ of one?  I can't stand him at all.  I don't mind Brian Anderson but I despise Bill Schroeder.
Yeah he's a fool.  Everyone knows the Cardinals have been talking about how much they dislike the Brewers and especially Ryan Braun and then he comes up and gets hit right in the ribs and Anderson comments on how he thought there was a reason for that pitch and everyone knows they meant to hit him and Schroeder says, "I don't think there was any intent there at all."  Some of the things he says are so out there it's ridiculous.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #857 on: August 28, 2008, 12:07:54 AM »

I'm puzzled as to why no one else seems to have that huge a problem with Brewers fans, but fan bases from across the nation loathe Cubs fans.  

I also don't hear anyone complaining about the fan bases of the Royals, Nationals, or Rangers. Weird.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #858 on: August 28, 2008, 12:53:36 AM »
I also don't hear anyone complaining about the fan bases of the Royals, Nationals, or Rangers. Weird.
?

Moonboots

• Starter
« Reply #859 on: August 28, 2008, 12:57:55 AM »

Last place.  Last place.  2 games under .500.  Maybe I'm missing the connection here.

Oh yeah, we all must be "jealous" of the Cubs fan base. Perhaps it's a bewilderment at this insane superiority complex that goes along with following the "lovable losers."  I know I'm personally baffled by this supposed sense of entitlement.  Years of attending Brewers-Cubs games at Miller Park has soured any respect I ever had for Cubs fans as an entity.  Am I supposed to be impressed that Chicago people are willing to offer $250 a ticket for a $30 ticket for a Brewers-Cubs matchup at Miller Park?  Ignorance doesn't impress me.  When the Cubs are bad, they're bad, and when they're good, they choke.  Wash. Rinse. Repeat.  But you keep holding on to that thread of hope, and we'll keep taking your money.  Some of us, at least.  I'll never sell my tickets.  

Milwaukee's a fine baseball town.  Certainly above average. A quality product is now being put on the field, and the fans are responding accordingly.  So you keep sitting up on your pedestal and making comparisons to these garbage baseball towns.  I hope it makes you feel all special and warm and fuzzy inside.  We'll see you in the playoffs.  

Hards Alumni

• All American

Moonboots

• Starter
« Reply #861 on: August 28, 2008, 09:19:57 AM »
You could be from the greater Milwaukee area, only two hours north of Chicago, where maybe you have had the whole lovable Cubs thing rammed down your throat all your life to the point of bursting.

Sounds about right.

I hope Posnanski didn't spend too long on his knees writing this one....

JSwarriors08

« Reply #862 on: August 28, 2008, 09:38:39 AM »
Last place.  Last place.  2 games under .500.  Maybe I'm missing the connection here.

Oh yeah, we all must be "jealous" of the Cubs fan base. Perhaps it's a bewilderment at this insane superiority complex that goes along with following the "lovable losers."  I know I'm personally baffled by this supposed sense of entitlement.  Years of attending Brewers-Cubs games at Miller Park has soured any respect I ever had for Cubs fans as an entity.  Am I supposed to be impressed that Chicago people are willing to offer $250 a ticket for a $30 ticket for a Brewers-Cubs matchup at Miller Park?  Ignorance doesn't impress me.  When the Cubs are bad, they're bad, and when they're good, they choke.  Wash. Rinse. Repeat.  But you keep holding on to that thread of hope, and we'll keep taking your money.  Some of us, at least.  I'll never sell my tickets.  

Milwaukee's a fine baseball town.  Certainly above average. A quality product is now being put on the field, and the fans are responding accordingly.  So you keep sitting up on your pedestal and making comparisons to these garbage baseball towns.  I hope it makes you feel all special and warm and fuzzy inside.  We'll see you in the playoffs.  

+1

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #863 on: August 28, 2008, 10:33:38 AM »
I am a teenager ;D

And you really think people on here do care about your analysis of how dominant the Cubs played in their series against (enter team name here)?  If so, it's weird that I'm the only one who responds to those posts, and it's a sarcastic "Cool!" or "Good to hear!"  I'd think there would be more discussion about those posts if people cared about and didn't know.

your comments prevent discusssion, you know this and make them, because you are a bitter spoiled fan.  Looking back there have been numerous replys to my posts most recently by spartan.

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #864 on: August 28, 2008, 10:39:29 AM »
I disagree with this statement. I like Hamels over Dempster personally... Just my opinion.

I'm not saying dempster is going to win but, he has more wins, fewer losses, more quality starts, a better era and they are at home where he is even more dominant.  So based on numbers, I don't see how you can make the claim that we don't have an advantage. 

reinko

• All American
« Reply #865 on: August 28, 2008, 11:12:14 AM »
your comments prevent discusssion, you know this and make them, because you are a bitter spoiled fan.  Looking back there have been numerous replys to my posts most recently by spartan.

I'm curious how any Brewer can be spoiled.  Bitter, eh.  More like a little perturbed at the success of the Cubs, when the Crew is playing great ball.

When I think of spoiled I think of fan bases of the following teams

~Marlins
~BoSox
~Braves
~Patriots
~Bulls (in the 90's)

In no way can any Brewer fan act spoiled.  Unless you consider spoiled as:

~finally have an owner willing to spend some money.
~having an electrified a fan base who is now willing to come out and support the team. 
~trading away a top prospect and getting back the best pitcher in the MLB.

And ptm, still haven't heard who you would rather get the WC spot, Cards or the Crew?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #866 on: August 28, 2008, 11:15:46 AM »
I'm bitter and spoiled?  What do I have to be bitter about?  I haven't seen my team in a playoffs in my life and we have a 3 1/2 game lead in the Wild Card standings.  I am very happy with the way the Brewers are playing.  I forget who said it but I completely agree, if the Diamondbacks come out of the West I would rather win the Wild Card than the Division (obviously I would most like to win the Division over win the Wild Card but I would like the matchup better from winning the Wild Card).  I quite honestly don't know what there is for me to be bitter about.  I guess all those World Series Championships for the Cubs in my lifetime (or anyone's on this board...), or even World Series appearances in my lifetime, does make me quite bitter...err scratch that, never seen either of those.  Yes I'd like to win the Division, but I don't think you realize that I'm not going to be depressed if we win the Wild Card.  I want to go to the playoffs and whether it's Division winner or Wild Card I will be extremely happy.  I am extremely happy with the way the Milwaukee Brewers have played baseball all year, and especially after the terrible series against the Cubs.  Anything can happen in the playoffs so as long as we get there, I am EXTREMELY happy.  So bitter?  Maybe if you'd actually won something in the last, 100 years or so, but no.

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #867 on: August 28, 2008, 11:36:15 AM »
 Maybe if you'd actually won something in the last, 100 years or so, but no.

win something, like the division, last year.  When you choked.  sorry i don't remember typing the word spoiled.  Way to dedicate two long posts to it though.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #868 on: August 28, 2008, 11:39:40 AM »
win something, like the division, last year.  When you choked.  sorry i don't remember typing the word spoiled.  Way to dedicate two long posts to it though.

My bad DX.  Clearly we are the idiots for your mistake. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #869 on: August 28, 2008, 11:49:37 AM »
Wow, you won the division.  Congratulations.  You got swept in the first round.  Won the same amount of playoffs games we did.  Do you honestly think people remember division winners?  Name me the 6 division winners from 3 years ago from looking it up.  If you can do that then do it for 15 years ago.  People don't remember division winners.  People remember World Series winners, and SOMETIMES Championship Series winners, not Division winners.  I remember the AL Championship Series winner from 1982.  I don't recall the Cubs winning a Championship Series in that time.  I'm sorry, but the Cubs have won nothing since 1945.  A majority of the world's population wasn't even alive at that time.  I guess I'm really bitter of that major success.  It's right up there next to the Yankees and Red Sox.

Is it ironic that a Cubs fan is talking about how another team choked?!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 11:53:30 AM by wadesworld »

🏀

• All American
« Reply #870 on: August 28, 2008, 11:50:09 AM »
Cards for WC.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #871 on: August 28, 2008, 12:01:05 PM »
Wow PTM.  That's Crean like.  You would rather see the Cardinals in the playoffs over that "small market" team who has only been in the NL for a couple years.  A team that hasn't been to the playoffs in 26 years.

Are Brewers fans truly that awful?  C'mon.  The Cards/Cubs rivalry goes back something like 100 years, and you are now saying that you would rather see the Cards in the playoffs?  I'm just flabbergasted.

What about you other Chub fans?  '94, Rawdog, TT...Who would you rather see get the WC, Crew or the Cards??

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #872 on: August 28, 2008, 12:12:58 PM »
this was fun but the bitterness and defensive nature or people like reinko, wadesworld, and pxin is really killing this thread. 

Just to check with you three.  We aren't allowed to make posts about the cubs since no one cares about them.  We aren't allowed to say anything about brewer fans because all cubs fans are idiots.  We aren't allowed to hope that the cubs do what they are obviously capable of (win the world series) because that makes us ignorant.  If someone says they are rooting for the cardnals to be in the playoffs then we are jerks for not wanting the small market team, but i'm guessing if i say that i want the cubs to play the brewers then you will be mad for not giving your team enough respect. 

Brewer fans remind me of why i couldn't stand the inferiority complex of the people of the state of wisconsin.  I was saying that i hope the brewers take the wc but you are all making it hard to keep that up.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #873 on: August 28, 2008, 12:13:57 PM »
Wow PTM.  That's Crean like.  You would rather see the Cardinals in the playoffs over that "small market" team who has only been in the NL for a couple years.  A team that hasn't been to the playoffs in 26 years.

Are Brewers fans truly that awful?  C'mon.  The Cards/Cubs rivalry goes back something like 100 years, and you are now saying that you would rather see the Cards in the playoffs?  I'm just flabbergasted.

What about you other Chub fans?  '94, Rawdog, TT...Who would you rather see get the WC, Crew or the Cards??

Give me the hair grease and spray-on tan.

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #874 on: August 28, 2008, 12:16:28 PM »

I'm guessing he would rather see the Cards because the Brewers have the front-end pitching to scare anybody in the playoffs while the Cards do not have a legitimate ace at the moment.   Both teams have streaky offenses that can score a lot at times or be shut down for stretches.

feedback