[Today at 11:42:11 AM]

2025 Bracketology by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 09:46:57 AM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by MUbiz
[Today at 08:06:43 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Lennys Tap
[June 02, 2024, 09:43:52 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Baseball Pissing Match  (Read 461460 times)

reinko

• All American
Re: The Offical Cubs & Brewers Pissing Match
« Reply #775 on: August 11, 2008, 03:42:40 PM »

So you know what?  While three guys is excessive I am happy the guy got the crap beat out of him.  You don't throw a damn bottle at a bus much less people.  I don't feel any sympathy for him now.

Sucks you got a bottle thrown at you, totally unnecessary, but to not feel bad for this guy is just ice cold TT.

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #776 on: August 11, 2008, 03:46:05 PM »
Sucks you got a bottle thrown at you, totally unnecessary, but to not feel bad for this guy is just ice cold TT.

+1, you almost got hit with a bottle so you don't feel bad for some random guy who is going to be eating out of a straw for the next few months?

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #777 on: August 11, 2008, 03:48:31 PM »
He threw a can at a bus.  He brought it upon himself.

EDIT:  If I threw a can or bottle at a person, car, bus, etc. I would fully expect to get the crap beat out of me.

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #778 on: August 11, 2008, 03:50:32 PM »
Spoken like a sox fan.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #779 on: August 11, 2008, 03:53:37 PM »
I don't feel bad for the guy. Idiot move generally equals pain. I have a real good feeling there is more to the story, there usually is.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #780 on: August 11, 2008, 03:56:18 PM »
Spoken like a sox fan.
Hahahaha.  True!

I mean there's just some stuff you don't do.  Would you throw a rock at a pissed off german shepard?

No because you know that the idiot move equals pain as MarqPTM noted.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #781 on: August 11, 2008, 03:59:03 PM »
Wow chubby fans stick together.  Really, throwing a tin can at a bus, and the appropiate response is an ass-kicking by 3 people?

What if it were a bottle? Should they have knifed him?

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #782 on: August 11, 2008, 04:00:50 PM »
What if it were a bottle? Should they have knifed him?

No they should again beat him up.

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #783 on: August 11, 2008, 04:04:46 PM »
No they should again beat him up.

Or, for those of us who are sane, stay on the bus, maybe toss some choice words at they guy, and let it go. Hell, inform one of Milwaukee's finest. They're not hard to find at Miller Park.

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #784 on: August 11, 2008, 04:10:47 PM »
This cubs fan isn't sticking together.  So when the guys who did this are getting ass raped in prison will you feel bad for them?  I don't think you can since they 'brought it on themselves'.  The difference between teaching a guy a lesson and being an out of control cock on his way to getting ass aids is a few kicks after you've made your point.  These guys were out of control cocks. 

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #785 on: August 11, 2008, 06:01:32 PM »
Oh don't get me wrong.  I don't feel bad for the three Cubs fans either.

They had to know the consequences for beating the crap out of a guy.  You don't kick the s*it out of a guy and not go to jail.

I don't feel sorry for anyone in the story.  The Brewer fans brought it on themselves, and while I don't blame the Cubs fans for attacking, they should have known they'd end up in jail.

They are all idiots.

EDIT:  Aside from having the bottle thrown at us, everyone else in the first three games I was at was very well behaved.  It's only a select few (from each side) as seen in this story that are the nut cases.

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #786 on: August 11, 2008, 08:06:26 PM »

EDIT:  Aside from having the bottle thrown at us, everyone else in the first three games I was at was very well behaved.  It's only a select few (from each side) as seen in this story that are the nut cases.

And usually they are the out-spoken fans that really don't have a clue what they are talking about... its sad
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #787 on: August 14, 2008, 08:14:14 PM »
Is it frusterating to go on an 8 game win streak and still be right where you were when it started a game after it is snapped?

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #788 on: August 14, 2008, 10:57:30 PM »
Is it frusterating to go on an 8 game win streak and still be right where you were when it started a game after it is snapped?

Couldn't tell you, but it is a bit frustrating.

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #789 on: August 15, 2008, 12:16:26 AM »
Couldn't tell you, but it is a bit frustrating.

wow a spelling joke, there hasn't been 5000 of those on this board.  Way to not have a real come back.

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #790 on: August 15, 2008, 07:32:16 AM »
I have a question,

What is ben sheets record since they have gotten C.C. Sabathia (i think he should still have periods in the name!).

From what I've noticed, the brewers have gained an ace in that trade, but since then have also "lost" one with the record of sheets since the trade.  The brewers could be tied with the cubs if sheets didn't drop the ball since the trade.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #791 on: August 15, 2008, 08:22:52 AM »
I have a question,

What is ben sheets record since they have gotten C.C. Sabathia (i think he should still have periods in the name!).

From what I've noticed, the brewers have gained an ace in that trade, but since then have also "lost" one with the record of sheets since the trade.  The brewers could be tied with the cubs if sheets didn't drop the ball since the trade.

Since your too lazy to actually look it up rob, sheets is 1-4 since the CC trade, but has two ND that the brewers won.  His ERA has risen slightly from 2.85 to 3.00, so your hypothesis that sheets is the reason the brewers haven't caught up to the cubs is bunk.  He only blew up in one game since the trade, (against the cubs) other than that he has pitched pretty good.  In this stretch he is still averaging over 6 innings per start, and has only given up 18 earned runs in 7 starts (6 of which came against the cubs.)

He is still 6th in the NL in WHIP and 8th in ERA.

In comparison, since the Harden trade, Zambrano's ERA has risen from 2.98 to 3.22, he has given up 16 ER in 5 starts (and yes, 9 of which came against the cards last week) and he has posted a 2-2 record with 1 ND that the Cubs won.

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #792 on: August 15, 2008, 10:58:21 AM »
there hasn't been 5000 of those on this board.

and yet you still can't spell...  ::)

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #793 on: August 15, 2008, 05:35:10 PM »
I have a question,

How many wins does Harden have since that time?  And Zambrano?  2?  1 win more than Sheets...scary stuff.

That's 8 wins over that time for Sheets and Sabathia vs. 4 in the same time for Harden and Zambrano.

And for those Cubs fans who were worrying about his 6-8 record in Cleveland, I think he's doing alright in the NL.  Can a guy REALLY win the NL Cy Young in HALF a year?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 05:41:17 PM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #794 on: August 15, 2008, 06:24:05 PM »
How many wins does Harden have since that time?  And Zambrano?  2?  1 win more than Sheets...scary stuff.

That's 8 wins over that time for Sheets and Sabathia vs. 4 in the same time for Harden and Zambrano.

And for those Cubs fans who were worrying about his 6-8 record in Cleveland, I think he's doing alright in the NL.  Can a guy REALLY win the NL Cy Young in HALF a year?

Not when brandon webb is in the NL

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #795 on: August 15, 2008, 06:43:52 PM »
Not when brandon webb is in the NL
Maybe not, but if CC can get 13 wins and have only 2 or so loses and keep an ERA under 1.80 with 6 or so complete games and the Brewers make the playoffs I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #796 on: August 16, 2008, 10:31:58 AM »
Hahahaha.  True!

I mean there's just some stuff you don't do.  Would you throw a rock at a pissed off german shepard?

No because you know that the idiot move equals pain as MarqPTM noted.

That's about right    Cub fan = pissed off German Shepard

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #797 on: August 16, 2008, 11:37:29 AM »
That's about right    Cub fan = pissed off German Shepard
Yeah no kidding, so Cubs fans are animals that can't control their emotions?  I'm sorry, but throwing a tin can at a bus should not result in getting the living hell beat out of you.  He did not "bring it on himself."  Yes, it was stupid of him to throw a can at a bus, but all the Cubs fans had to do was remind him who won the game.  And if they are going to beat him up, at least only send out one guy...give the guy a chance to defend himself.

Sorry, but throwing a tin can at a bus does not equal getting beat up, whether it's a Brewers fan throwing the can at a Cubs bus or the other way around or in any other situation.

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #798 on: August 16, 2008, 01:33:08 PM »

Why so hostile?  What does Harden and Zambrano's win total over that time have to do robmufan's question?  Sheets is 7-6 since May 1 and 4-5 since CC arrived.  Zambrano is 4-3 and Harden is 2-1 (since July 12) since CC became a Brewer.  The Cubs don't need to ride Zambrano with Lilly and Dempster having 12 and 13 wins respectively....with Harden joining the staff, the Cubs have as solid of a starting rotation that exists in MLB....as shown by the 4 game sweep in Milwaukee.

Rick Sutcliffe won the Cy Young with the Cubs in '84 after coming over from Cleveland in the middle of the season going 16-1....it's possible for CC.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #799 on: August 16, 2008, 07:12:28 PM »
Why so hostile?
If you could point out to me what was hostile about my post then I could answer that question for you.