[Today at 11:42:11 AM]

2025 Bracketology by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 09:46:57 AM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by MUbiz
[Today at 08:06:43 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Lennys Tap
[June 02, 2024, 09:43:52 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Baseball Pissing Match  (Read 461447 times)

robmufan

• All American
Re: The Offical Cubs & Brewers Pissing Match
« Reply #700 on: August 03, 2008, 11:34:25 PM »
Mayor, are you a brewers fan?  Cause if you are, I would really like to know what you think of Prince tomahawking the bat on the ground after a pop up?  Cause that just looks like an angry fat man who needs steak!

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #701 on: August 03, 2008, 11:47:51 PM »
Mayor, are you a brewers fan?  Cause if you are, I would really like to know what you think of Prince tomahawking the bat on the ground after a pop up?  Cause that just looks like an angry fat man who needs steak!

yeah... Prince does need a steak.. if he was still eating steak, the man would be hitting more home runs.. guarantee... As a Brewer fan, I dislike Prince, not for the vegetarian thing, but the simple fact he turned down a 5 year 60 million dollar contract... after we gave Braun the 7 year 40something million.  Prince is not worth 60 million, and not better than Braun, and is easier to come by.  He doesn't realize that in 3-4 years he is going to be worthless because hes a freak that will just keep getting bigger and be worthless...

so yes, Prince has his douche bag ways, I'll admit it.  But pretty much everything Zambrano does is silly.. the stupid thing with Fontenot, the punching him down and bring him up (marqptm, I think that was your signature for a while)... really... absolutely dumb, to the getting cramps from too much red bull... really Z?  Are you 12 and drink Red Bull from sun up to sun down?  To pretty much everything he does...

Out of all the Cubbies, I think Z bugs me the most.. good player, just acts too childish constantly.  And yes, there are some Cubs I don't mind.  Derrick Lee, is a very good player, and acts like a professional, he should maybe give Zambrano some lessons  ;D
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

gjreda

• Team Captain
  • I miss Real Chili.
« Reply #702 on: August 03, 2008, 11:56:07 PM »

so yes, Prince has his douche bag ways, I'll admit it.  But pretty much everything Zambrano does is silly.. the stupid thing with Fontenot, the punching him down and bring him up (marqptm, I think that was your signature for a while)... really... absolutely dumb

Really? That bugs you?  I think you are pulling straws here.  It's a pregame ritual with Fontenot.  It's the same as all the crazy handshakes that all teammates have with each other.  I think it's pretty funny and original too.

Like I've said in previous threads, I can understand any non-Cubs fan hating Z.  I mean, I probably would too if I wasn't a Cubs fan.  He's just one of those players that you either love or you hate.  And while he may be crazy and childish at times, it's clear that he really loves playing the game and gives his all each day, which is something that can't always be said for a lot of players.

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #703 on: August 04, 2008, 12:20:30 AM »
It's not the dumbest pre-game ritual in sports, for that look no further than Danny Green at UNC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqRmNkygo7k

but it's pretty close.  Fake pounding a teammate on the head and then pulling him up is original?  Sorry nope.  I am also not a fan of the stupid handshakes, but those I feel are better then this ritual of fake beating your teammate on the head. 
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #704 on: August 04, 2008, 12:47:04 AM »
Maybe Benji should come up with a new pre-game ritual....1-4 in his last 7 starts.....ouch.  :)

🏀

• All American
« Reply #705 on: August 04, 2008, 07:13:19 AM »
Maybe Benji should come up with a new pre-game ritual....1-4 in his last 7 starts.....ouch.  :)

Good for the Brewers, he'll play himself into an affordable contract.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #706 on: August 04, 2008, 09:37:06 AM »
It's not the dumbest pre-game ritual in sports, for that look no further than Danny Green at UNC

but it's pretty close.  Fake pounding a teammate on the head and then pulling him up is original?  Sorry nope.  I am also not a fan of the stupid handshakes, but those I feel are better then this ritual of fake beating your teammate on the head. 
At least Green is getting himself pumped up, getting the blood flowing and the adrenaline going.  After dancing like that I can guarantee you that he's loose and ready to play some basketball.  I don't really see how fake punching a teammate into the ground can do the same (unless he's imagining, and convincing himself, that he really is beating somebody up, which wouldn't surprise me...he did start taking his belt off in the middle of a bench-clearing brawl a couple of years ago...then it'd work).  It's for laughs and a good time, which is fine, but I'd say Green's pre-game ritual is at least effective in getting him ready to play.
yeah... Prince does need a steak.. if he was still eating steak, the man would be hitting more home runs.. guarantee... As a Brewer fan, I dislike Prince, not for the vegetarian thing, but the simple fact he turned down a 5 year 60 million dollar contract... after we gave Braun the 7 year 40something million.  Prince is not worth 60 million, and not better than Braun, and is easier to come by.  He doesn't realize that in 3-4 years he is going to be worthless because hes a freak that will just keep getting bigger and be worthless...
I disagree here.  MAYBE he'd be hitting more home runs, but you don't know that.  He's still going to hit about 35 home runs this year, which is not bad at all...you can't consistently hit 50 home runs a year.  And I guarantee you that he's not the one calling the shots on his contract.  His agent is Scott Boras.  Every Boras player is the same...don't sign contract extensions because they want to wait until they can cash in the most (when they become free agents).  I would bet if it was up to Prince he'd have a contract extension signed by now to play for the Brewers for longer, but it's really not.  I bet in 3-4 years, instead of being worthless, he'll be winning a few World Series with the Boston Red Sox for around $15 million per year.  He's the definition of Boston Red Sox first basemen (Mo Vaughn, David Ortiz...Prince Fielder).
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #707 on: August 04, 2008, 10:48:16 AM »

Sounds like a petty rival fan searching for things to be mad about.  Chemistry in baseball is important.  Teams that have fun and seem to like each other tend to out play teams that are constantly focusing on being 'professional'.  Thanks, but i'll take the sports with the fun still in it.

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #708 on: August 04, 2008, 11:44:17 AM »
And as for breaking the bat on his knee, I think we can all agree with Lou who said, "I wish I could have done that as a player.  I had to settle for the water cooler."  Come on who out there wouldn't break a bat over their knee is they could?

It would be more impressive it it was an aluminum one!!  :D

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #709 on: August 04, 2008, 11:54:54 AM »
It would be more impressive it it was an aluminum one!!  :D

This is what Zambrano would do with an aluminum bat.

Fantastico!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDZPN0mjaAA

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #710 on: August 04, 2008, 12:54:39 PM »
I disagree here.  MAYBE he'd be hitting more home runs, but you don't know that.  He's still going to hit about 35 home runs this year, which is not bad at all...you can't consistently hit 50 home runs a year.  And I guarantee you that he's not the one calling the shots on his contract.  His agent is Scott Boras.  Every Boras player is the same...don't sign contract extensions because they want to wait until they can cash in the most (when they become free agents).  I would bet if it was up to Prince he'd have a contract extension signed by now to play for the Brewers for longer, but it's really not.  I bet in 3-4 years, instead of being worthless, he'll be winning a few World Series with the Boston Red Sox for around $15 million per year.  He's the definition of Boston Red Sox first basemen (Mo Vaughn, David Ortiz...Prince Fielder).

It is Fielder's decision.  He signed Scott Boras, did he not.  When you come into the league, you are not assigned agents.  Lets face it, it wasn't Boras who said no to the deal, it was Fielder.  So instead of being paid 12 million a year for 5 years (and I really believe in 3-5 years he isn't going to be that good) we have him on arbitration for the next couple.  Have fun being paid still around a million a year Prince.

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #711 on: August 04, 2008, 12:59:05 PM »
It is Fielder's decision.  He signed Scott Boras, did he not.  When you come into the league, you are not assigned agents.  Lets face it, it wasn't Boras who said no to the deal, it was Fielder.  So instead of being paid 12 million a year for 5 years (and I really believe in 3-5 years he isn't going to be that good) we have him on arbitration for the next couple.  Have fun being paid still around a million a year Prince.

Fielder is going to get a lot more in arbitration than $1 million a year.  Howard got $10 million last year, so my guess would Fielder/Boras will submit something close to that, the Brewers will submit somewhere around $5 million, and they'll meet somewhere in the middle.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #712 on: August 04, 2008, 04:21:49 PM »
Agreed with jmayer.  Yes, he signed with Boras, that was his choice, but he signed an agent who is known to be a very good agent that many big name players sign with.  How many times do you hear of a player not doing what his agent tells him to in terms of contracts and such, not just in baseball but in any sports?  If a player does, they just fire the agent.  Why do team management talk to the AGENT about contracts and stuff?  There's a reason a player has an agent...to handle their financial situations in order to get the most money and keep them steady financially while they just go and play ball.  It's a business.

What gives you reason to think he'll be bad in 3-5 years?  He'll be at most 30 years old at that time.  Just because he's bigger you think he'll decline faster?  Although I really don't think it makes a difference, I'd think that the smaller, less powerful player who relies on his athleticism would decline more quickly than a bigger, powerful player because you lose that athleticism earlier, but you can still keep the power.  My guess is he'll be a pretty effective power hitter up until his mid 30s and be with the Red Sox in a few years.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

🏀

• All American
« Reply #713 on: August 04, 2008, 04:30:47 PM »
Guys, there's a rational discussion of the Brewers thread. Keep it in there.

Prince is fat.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #714 on: August 04, 2008, 04:33:29 PM »
Guys, there's a rational discussion of the Brewers thread. Keep it in there.

Prince is fat.
Zambrano drinks too much caffein.

Fukudome's Japanese.

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #715 on: August 04, 2008, 04:35:27 PM »
Zambrano drinks too much caffein.

Fukudome's Japanese.

Ryan Braun is jewish...along with gabe kapler, jason marquis, shawn green, and a few others!

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #716 on: August 04, 2008, 05:44:57 PM »
Ryan Braun is jewish...along with gabe kapler, jason marquis, shawn green, and a few others!
HEBREW HAMMER!  (AKA Yahweh)

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #717 on: August 04, 2008, 07:43:56 PM »

Kevin Youkilis, Robmufan, ...

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #718 on: August 05, 2008, 10:40:08 AM »
Hey!, it's in the FAMLY, do i mess with your family?  DO I go ASSSssKING, your family questions when you have problems?  ....

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #719 on: August 05, 2008, 11:36:13 AM »
I think it's a poor analogy Ned gave.

Brewer fans pay money to see the team.  They don't pay money to see their family.  They have a right to know what's going on.

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #720 on: August 05, 2008, 12:30:30 PM »
Kevin Youkilis, Robmufan, ...

It's only like 1/8th!!!

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #721 on: August 05, 2008, 01:02:35 PM »
It's only like 1/8th!!!

don't be ashamed of your inner yid. embrace it!!

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #722 on: August 05, 2008, 02:02:05 PM »
I think it's a poor analogy Ned gave.

Brewer fans pay money to see the team.  They don't pay money to see their family.  They have a right to know what's going on.

We do know what's going on. There was a disagreement, a scuffle, and a resolution. The details are inconsequential. Come on, Titan, this isn't the first time something like this has happened in baseball.

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #723 on: August 05, 2008, 02:06:19 PM »
I still think, the context of this being the 2nd 'conflict' prince was involved in, over just a few days is significant.  When he busted his bat and threw a fit i thought it was a good thing, and that he was probably trying to get his team fired up.  But now, it looks like he's becoming a cry baby/jerk.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #724 on: August 05, 2008, 02:53:37 PM »
According to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Fielder was upset because Parra apparently was headed back to the clubhouse during the Brewers' half of the seventh. Fielder told Parra he should stay in the dugout and watch Milwaukee bat. The scuffle ensued.

taken from ESPN.com's post game write up.