collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Baseball Pissing Match  (Read 461372 times)

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: The Offical Cubs & Brewers Pissing Match
« Reply #675 on: July 31, 2008, 12:23:00 PM »
Does Miller Park allow fans to bring brooms?

as long as there is not a shaft on it, they allow them I am pretty sure.

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #676 on: July 31, 2008, 01:32:54 PM »
Did anyone else notice that on the other board, no topics have been allowed since the Brewers tied it up 4-4 on Monday?

Other board?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #677 on: July 31, 2008, 01:51:00 PM »

New Era Warriors

• Starter
Go Cubs! We own this division
« Reply #678 on: July 31, 2008, 03:34:49 PM »
Cubs showed in this series why we are the best team in the Central. We frickin owned the Brewers!!! and Gagne is frickin bush league for throwin at Edmonds. he's just mad he frickin sucks now. SWEEP SWEEP SWEEP. my uncle said he went to the first game and after the cubs won some brewers a hole fan got in his face and talked a lot of crap. u know what, f u! easy sweep in wrigley north. who is the pressure on now, braun? go cubs go!

🏀

• All American
Re: Go Cubs! We own this division
« Reply #679 on: July 31, 2008, 03:37:59 PM »
Easy buddy. Not necessary at all. And the wrong forum.

sv48

• Starter
« Reply #680 on: July 31, 2008, 03:53:58 PM »
why would you have this in Hangin' at the Al? there is a different topic created for Brewers Cubs Discussion.
Plus the baseball season isnt over yet, so take it easy.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #681 on: July 31, 2008, 03:54:58 PM »
Cubs showed in this series why we are the best team in the Central. We frickin owned the Brewers!!! 

What position do you play for the Cubs?

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #682 on: July 31, 2008, 04:09:53 PM »
After the Cubbies took the first game, the Crew never seemed into any of the other 3. Disappointing series for the Brewers, and pretty damned impressive for the Cubs--they just swept the 2nd-best home team in the NL in their own stadium, and did so pretty comfortably. Tip of the cap from this Brewers fan.

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #683 on: July 31, 2008, 04:12:07 PM »
The AM PM "too much good stuff" player of the series I am going to have to give to the cubs starting pitching staff...and the hot dog winning 3 of 4!

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #684 on: July 31, 2008, 04:14:28 PM »
Good series for the Cubs, my hats go off to them.  Still a lot of season left though, but the Brewers looked like piss the last 3 games of this series.  The cards are rising as well.

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #685 on: July 31, 2008, 04:16:42 PM »
Thoughts on Prince's ejection? To me it looked like he was doing it intentionally trying to fire up his team more than anything.

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #686 on: July 31, 2008, 04:18:18 PM »
The AM PM "too much good stuff" player of the series I am going to have to give to the cubs starting pitching staff...and the hot dog winning 3 of 4!

The hot dog is always my horse. At least he had a good series.

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #687 on: July 31, 2008, 05:19:57 PM »
Thoughts on Prince's ejection? To me it looked like he was doing it intentionally trying to fire up his team more than anything.

I have to agree, but usually its the managers job to do stuff like that.  And the shots of Ned from WGN made it look like he was just dumbfounded. 

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #688 on: July 31, 2008, 05:24:46 PM »
right on the money there rob w/ a capital DUMB!! God he is a terrible manager and the team as a whole just sucks since getting out of St. Louis. We swept them, now you swept us, hopefully next time you play them they sweep you guys and it evens all out.

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #689 on: July 31, 2008, 05:50:04 PM »
Quote of the day from MU alum Len Kasper:
"Signing off from Wrigley North where the Cubs complete the 4 game sweep of the Milwaukee Brewers..."

I would have been ecstatic with a split but taking all 4 was enormous....going home where we play 19 of the next 28 games is huge.

I'm sure Fielder may have been trying to light a spark under his team or maybe it was just pure frustration but he looked like a fool.

Gagne throwing behind Edmonds who already had 2 HRs in the game is complete bush league BS after Bush already hit 2 batters in the game....the best part was how the Cubs responded....by tacking on some additional runs....let the bats do the talking.

Note to Yost....Braun attempting to bunt in two different ABs may not be the best idea....granted, he may not have called for it but, wow.

Nice that Harden didn't have another "wasted start"....first W as a Cub....long, long overdue.  The only bad news is that his 1.04 ERA will most likely go up after yielding one run in 7 innings.

Let's keep the mojo and take tomorrow's game against Pittsburgh!

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #690 on: August 01, 2008, 12:52:34 AM »
I have to agree, but usually its the managers job to do stuff like that.  And the shots of Ned from WGN made it look like he was just dumbfounded. 
The key word there is usually...but when you have a manager like Ned Yost, who not only LOOKS dumbfounded, but IS dumbfounded, the players have to do it for themselves.  While Yost sits at his press conferences saying "(enter opposing pitcher's name here) pitched a good day today, and (enter Brewer pitcher's name here) pitched well, he just made a couple mistakes, and they're professional hitters up there and took advantage of those mistakes.  We're fine."  HE EVEN SAYS RICKIE WEEKS IS FINE CONTINUALLY!  So Braun has taken it upon himself to say what needs to/SHOULD be said and speak the truth when the team is not playing well, saying along the lines of it's up to the team to perform up to their ability which they haven't been doing and they need to start holding themselves responsible.

I'm expecting more of the same stuff following this series (from the quotes in the papers, etc.), but I have been up in Steven's Point watching my brother win State baseball with Marquette High today, so while the Brewers sure were a disappointment this week, I'll take that disappointing week to see my brother win State.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #691 on: August 01, 2008, 11:00:08 AM »
What position do you play for the Cubs?

Why do people get hung up on the we stuff when they reference their favorite team, never understood this.  They invest money, time, energy, passion....damn right they should say we.

Otherwise, should everytime the media says "we invaded Iraq" or "we went to the moon" or whatever, is that wrong because none of us are part of the space program?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #692 on: August 01, 2008, 03:54:42 PM »
Quote of the day from MU alum Len Kasper:
"Signing off from Wrigley North where the Cubs complete the 4 game sweep of the Milwaukee Brewers..."

I would have been ecstatic with a split but taking all 4 was enormous....going home where we play 19 of the next 28 games is huge.

I'm sure Fielder may have been trying to light a spark under his team or maybe it was just pure frustration but he looked like a fool.

Gagne throwing behind Edmonds who already had 2 HRs in the game is complete bush league BS after Bush already hit 2 batters in the game....the best part was how the Cubs responded....by tacking on some additional runs....let the bats do the talking.

Note to Yost....Braun attempting to bunt in two different ABs may not be the best idea....granted, he may not have called for it but, wow.

Nice that Harden didn't have another "wasted start"....first W as a Cub....long, long overdue.  The only bad news is that his 1.04 ERA will most likely go up after yielding one run in 7 innings.

Let's keep the mojo and take tomorrow's game against Pittsburgh!

Fielder looked like no more a fool than Zambrano did after he popped out his bunt and broke his bat over his knee.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #693 on: August 01, 2008, 04:50:23 PM »
Gah why can't the Cubs lay an egg against the Brewers instead of the Pirates?  Just ONE?  I guess that's why baseball, and 162 game seasons, are so frustrating as fans at times...
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #694 on: August 01, 2008, 05:57:35 PM »
The cubs usually do crappy against pitchers they haven't seen before...they took the BB today but just couldn't put a good bat on the ball.

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #695 on: August 01, 2008, 08:29:05 PM »
The cubs usually do crappy against pitchers they haven't seen before...

That's one thing they have in common with the Brewers.

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #696 on: August 03, 2008, 05:42:15 PM »
Hats off to the Cubs, took it to the Brewers, although someone just brought it up

"Big Z"... don't be a douche, don't break your bat over your knee... your a pitcher... the last thing that needs to happen is to injure yourself being an idiot.

Bo Jackson breaks his bat over his knee, and that should have retired with him.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #697 on: August 03, 2008, 09:18:36 PM »
It's a maple bat...if they move back to the ash bat, then I will start to worry! ;)

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #698 on: August 03, 2008, 10:02:30 PM »
It's a maple bat...if they move back to the ash bat, then I will start to worry! ;)

still have to admit.. he looks like an idiot doing it.. him breaking his bat after bunting for an out is as douchebag-like as a man wearing a pink polo with the collar popped... when I watched it live I couldn't stop laughing... call The Incredible Hulk film-crew back, we have a new Hulk... "Z Smash".
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #699 on: August 03, 2008, 11:22:33 PM »
A much bigger douche move than Z breaking his bat over his knee was Prince and Bill Hall celebrating his solo homerun in the bottom of the ninth in game two to make it a 7-2 game.  Milwaukee sports radio even ripped into Prince and Hall on this one.

And as for breaking the bat on his knee, I think we can all agree with Lou who said, "I wish I could have done that as a player.  I had to settle for the water cooler."  Come on who out there wouldn't break a bat over their knee is they could?