collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Baseball Pissing Match  (Read 461362 times)

robmufan

• All American
Re: The Offical Cubs & Brewers Pissing Match
« Reply #650 on: July 30, 2008, 11:56:10 AM »
Cameron has been absolutely terrible this year. Braun made that mental error that changed the complexion of that whole inning. 2 scored and one ends up on third. If he plays it off the bounce instead of trying to make a miraculous catch, 2 on but it's first and second w/ only one run in.

Totally agree.  In his interview he said he needed to make a play...and i disagree with his statement.  But it wasn't only that play, Ramirez hit another one that made him turn about 3 ways before he knew the ball was hit as hard as it was and it looked bad. 

HansMoleman

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #651 on: July 30, 2008, 12:03:51 PM »
I walked out of the game (only my cubs hat on) and was jumped in front of, and given 2 middle fingers in the air.  Everybody finds some way to celebrate and or burn off steam...the problem is a few bad apples ruins it for everybody.

Maybe you should have been wearing more than just a cap!  ;)

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #652 on: July 30, 2008, 12:18:18 PM »
Maybe you should have been wearing more than just a cap!  ;)

Superstitions wise it was the right choice!

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #653 on: July 30, 2008, 01:17:19 PM »
I walked out of the game (only my cubs hat on) and was jumped in front of, and given 2 middle fingers in the air. 

I have video of this I will post later!

🏀

• All American
« Reply #654 on: July 30, 2008, 01:25:57 PM »
I have video of this I will post later!

Can't wait.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #655 on: July 30, 2008, 01:31:33 PM »
Ugh! Brewers are looking dumpy and kind of out of it.

Instead of coming up with some obscure fact or complaint I will choose to take the low road and make fun of Tall Titan, who can't even spell the word official.  

As proof, see the name of this topic.

Stupid Cubs fan.   ;D   ;D   ;D

PS: Go Brewers
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 02:55:51 PM by reinko »

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #656 on: July 30, 2008, 01:58:48 PM »
Ugh! Brewers are looking dumpy and kind of out of out.

Instead of coming up with some obscure fact or complaint I will choose to take the low road and make fun of Tall Titan, who can't even spell the word official. 

As proof, see the name of this topic.

Stupid Cubs fan.   ;D   ;D   ;D

PS: Go Brewers

WOW! this has been going on for a long time and no one caught it.  Impressive!

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #657 on: July 30, 2008, 02:49:58 PM »
I also am getting my first chance to post following the first two games with RobMUFan.

Notes:
  • While the first game was about 60%-70% Brewers fans, the second game was 40%-50% Brewer fans.  A noticeable drop in between the two games.
  • Miller Park staff did a great job controling drunk people showing an unbias between Brewer and Cub fans.  I'll give them props on that.

One last thing I noticed is that a large number of Brewer fans seemed more focused on making fun of the Cubs than the Brewers winning.  I didn't see one anti-Brewer shirt on a Cub fan but I saw about 15 different shirts bashing the Cubs.  Some of them were so offensive that Miller Park staff had to ask them to turn them inside out or be kicked out.

I understand outside Wrigley they have shirts showing Barrett punching AJ or anti-Cardinal shirts but they don't put stuff on them that children shouldn't see.  I agree the Horry Cow shirt is offensive but they stopped selling those awhile back.

One shirt said, "if you want to see losers play go to Clark and Addison".  That's fine.  I have no beef with that.  But the people wearing shirts with a Chirizo giving it to a Cub from behind with a shirt that says in uncensored form "F*ck the Cubs" needs to stop.

I agree a Cubs/Brewer game isnt the place to bring kids but you know they have a right to be there too, so just keep it clean please.  I understand its only a small sample but whoever is making these shirts needs to stop and whoever is wearing them needs to not wear them by a mom and her 3 little kids.

I was there last night, and I agree with about 90% of what you said... except that cubs fans didn't do their part of poor sportsmanship.

In the section I was in there was a rather heated argument between a Brewers fan (who was obviously taking the ass beating too personally) who let a couple of Cubs fans get under his skin, and a group of Cubs fans who were taking advantage of a 22 year old kid who had too many and was upset that his team was losing (I know, waaa waa.)  I had to agree with most of the things that the Cubs fans were saying and everything eventually cooled down, until one Cub fan walked down the seats 4 or 5 rows stood up next to the kid and started getting in his personal space... Then security had to come, and eventually the cubs fans took it down a notch and convinced the aggressive guy to go back to his seat.

other than that, the most annoying thing I saw all night was a skinny little 22 year old brewers fan who was bombed and was more interested in screaming obscenities and berating cubs fans than she was in the baseball game.  luckily she left, because I was about 5 minutes from calling the security on her.

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #658 on: July 30, 2008, 02:59:32 PM »
sober she prob couldn't even name 5 brewers not named sheets, braun, or fielder

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #659 on: July 30, 2008, 03:05:13 PM »
she had on a weeks shirt, and was yelling for hart louder than any other player.

my fiance told the obnoxious girl that she could see her cooter, and to 'put that crap away'

reinko

• All American
« Reply #660 on: July 30, 2008, 03:14:37 PM »
I'm kinda disappointed to hear about Brewer fans actin' like this.  Pretty bush league, but I'm not totally surprised.  I love going to road games in any sport, it's so high risk/high reward.  

I felt the sting at the Brewer/Red Sox game out here in Boston and the MU v. UCONN game in Storrs, and the MU @ Providence two years ago.  But feeling the high of your team winning on the road is awesome.  (MU @ UCONN two years, WOW!)

I think some rules should be established when seeing your team on the road to avoid any unnecassary drama.

First two that come to mind are no cursing and not blocking someone elses view continually.  Any other ideas?

reinko

• All American
« Reply #661 on: July 30, 2008, 03:16:44 PM »
my fiance told the obnoxious girl that she could see her cooter, and to 'put that crap away'

Out on the east coast we call that "flashing your phone number"

chapman

• All American
« Reply #662 on: July 30, 2008, 03:35:53 PM »
I walked out of the game (only my cubs hat on) and was jumped in front of, and given 2 middle fingers in the air.  Everybody finds some way to celebrate and or burn off steam...the problem is a few bad apples ruins it for everybody.

That happens to me, with a Brewers hat on, regardless of outcome.  Except instead of middle fingers theres usually a drunk idiot shouting in my face or just least annoyingly getting in my way trying to get a high five. 

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #663 on: July 30, 2008, 03:40:31 PM »
That happens to me, with a Brewers hat on, regardless of outcome.  Except instead of middle fingers theres usually a drunk idiot shouting in my face or just least annoyingly getting in my way trying to get a high five. 

Cause Im sure if the brewers win, the fans won't be giving high-fives to each other

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #664 on: July 30, 2008, 04:19:45 PM »
Out on the east coast we call that "flashing your phone number"

Laughed out loud at that one...."flashing your phone number"....good stuff.  You never know what you're going to learn on this site.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #665 on: July 30, 2008, 08:59:37 PM »
I wish ESPN would hire Juan Nieves or Chris Bosio to call a game.

Get off your knees Sutcliffe.

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #666 on: July 30, 2008, 09:09:33 PM »
I'm not able to watch the ESPN broadcast due to Comcast having the game.  But I would like to hear what you are referring to.

Rollout-the-Barrel

• Starter
« Reply #667 on: July 30, 2008, 10:12:58 PM »
This guy thought it felt like wrigley at miller park...
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=777779
Also made reference to brewers season ticket holders selling tickets off.  Similar to MU/UW game tickets.
"We have the blues on the run!"

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #668 on: July 30, 2008, 10:29:14 PM »
The only things we agreed on were the national anthem and the notion that beer is good food. Even "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" was competitive when it got to the part, "Root, root, root for the (scream either Brewers or Cubbies here)." By the way, that song was written a century ago, in 1908 - the last time the Cubs won the World Series. That's funny until you remember the Brewers have never won one.

I just want to point out, not sure if its ever been refuted on this board...but i know i have had this debate before.  Those of you that think the milwaukee brewers have won a world series are wrong.  The milwaukee/atlanta braves have won.  The seattle pilots/milwaukee brewers have not!

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #669 on: July 31, 2008, 12:33:55 AM »
Wow, this has been an ugly series for the Crew. I'm hoping against all odds that my boys can pull one out tomorrow against Harden...

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #670 on: July 31, 2008, 07:27:26 AM »
Ha! I did spell official wrong.  I never noticed that.  Granted I suck at spelling.

Last night me and my friend were walking back down Bluemound as a car full of people yelled "CUBS SUCK" and then proceded to throw a bottle our direction.

That's what gets Brewer fans beat up.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #671 on: July 31, 2008, 07:52:45 AM »
I have to kill time as I wait to head out for work so I am going to respond to t-shirts I saw at the games.  This is all in fun.

Brewers baseball mitt logo with extended middle finger:   Are we at WWE Raw?  We actually may have been considering all the fakes fights we saw and the beer guy yelling, "Iceman's here for ya!  Oooooooooooo yeah brotha!"

Wrigley Field marquis displaying the message "World's Largest Gay Bar":  Did you think of the irony of this t-shirt as you and your 5 male friends all wore it around with no female in sight?

Happy 100 Years:  Thank you for celebrating our World Series win.  We don't even celebrate it.  (Wearing the Cubs 1908 hat doesn't count.  That's just a really cool hat.)

Calvin Peeing on a Cubs Hat:  Most orginal thing I've ever seen.  Where did you get that idea from?  You must have been pissed when Jimmy Johnson (Chevy) won at the Brickyard.

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #672 on: July 31, 2008, 09:20:14 AM »
I have to kill time as I wait to head out for work so I am going to respond to t-shirts I saw at the games.  This is all in fun.

Brewers baseball mitt logo with extended middle finger:   Are we at WWE Raw?  We actually may have been considering all the fakes fights we saw and the beer guy yelling, "Iceman's here for ya!  Oooooooooooo yeah brotha!"

Wrigley Field marquis displaying the message "World's Largest Gay Bar":  Did you think of the irony of this t-shirt as you and your 5 male friends all wore it around with no female in sight?

Happy 100 Years:  Thank you for celebrating our World Series win.  We don't even celebrate it.  (Wearing the Cubs 1908 hat doesn't count.  That's just a really cool hat.)

Calvin Peeing on a Cubs Hat:  Most orginal thing I've ever seen.  Where did you get that idea from?  You must have been pissed when Jimmy Johnson (Chevy) won at the Brickyard.

Yeah, those are all pretty dumb.  But the dumbest one I think I've seen is the one they sell outside Wrigley when the Cubs plays the Cards that say "Albert takes it in/up the Pujols."  Seriously, thats the best someone could come up with?  I don't think Albert minds too much, seeing as he is the best player in the game.

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #673 on: July 31, 2008, 09:55:52 AM »
Does Miller Park allow fans to bring brooms?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #674 on: July 31, 2008, 10:57:12 AM »
Did anyone else notice that on the other board, no topics have been allowed since the Brewers tied it up 4-4 on Monday?