collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Baseball Pissing Match  (Read 461355 times)

MUfan12

• All American
Re: The Offical Cubs & Brewers Pissing Match
« Reply #625 on: July 29, 2008, 08:36:02 PM »
Men against boys.

The Brewers are pathetic.

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #626 on: July 29, 2008, 08:54:48 PM »
The worst in the business.

Ron Santo. 720AM. Sounds drunk and/or slow.

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #627 on: July 29, 2008, 08:56:39 PM »
But he's our worst broadcaster.  He lives and dies with every at bat, every out and every pitch.  He's an unabashed homer for the Cubs and that's why we love him.  .

Can you not lump all cubs fans in with that 'we'. plenty of 'us' don't. 

SO those are the two aces that are taking the brewers to the world series huh?

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #628 on: July 29, 2008, 08:59:21 PM »
Men against boys.

The Brewers are pathetic.

You're 2 innings from tying the season series, in which 6 of 8 games have been played in Chicago. Congrats.

Rollout-the-Barrel

• Starter
« Reply #629 on: July 29, 2008, 09:11:27 PM »

Ron Santo. 720AM. Sounds drunk and/or slow.
Exactly how Harry Caray was entertaining.  But I think Harry was actually drinking budweiser on occasion.
"We have the blues on the run!"

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #630 on: July 29, 2008, 09:25:51 PM »
Can you not lump all cubs fans in with that 'we'. plenty of 'us' don't. 

SO those are the two aces that are taking the brewers to the world series huh?
Want a cookie?

Maybe that's why the Cubs fans thought Brewers fans were hostile last night...because they party like they've won the World Series (for the first time in 100 years!) after 2 REGULAR SEASON wins.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MUAlum99

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #631 on: July 29, 2008, 09:29:49 PM »

You're 2 innings from tying the season series, in which 6 of 8 games have been played in Chicago. Congrats.

A-FRICKIN-MEN.
“These guys in this locker room are all warriors -- every one of them. We ought to change our name back from the Golden Eagles because warriors are what we really are."  - Wesley Matthews

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #632 on: July 29, 2008, 11:13:35 PM »
Want a cookie?

Maybe that's why the Cubs fans thought Brewers fans were hostile last night...because they party like they've won the World Series (for the first time in 100 years!) after 2 REGULAR SEASON wins.

Right....imagine (I know it's hard) if the shoe was on the other foot....if the Brewers took the first two games of the series...I'm sure there would be no celebration out of the playoff-starved Brewer faithful.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #633 on: July 29, 2008, 11:19:32 PM »
Right....imagine (I know it's hard) if the shoe was on the other foot....if the Brewers took the first two games of the series...I'm sure there would be no celebration out of the playoff-starved Brewer faithful.
No, there would be, but we're at home and the Cubs are on the road, and if the Brewers had beaten both Zambrano and Harden nobody would be saying "Those guys are supposed to lead you to the World Series?" Then again, I suppose Zambrano and Harden have never lost a game in their careers, so I suppose those 2 losses make Sheets and Sabathia terrible pitchers not worthy of carrying a team into the playoffs.  We're supposed to hold a double standard for the winning team?  So whoever wins, their fans are allowed to be a-holes, but whoever loses, it's being too hostile if they say something?  Alright, makes sense to me now.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #634 on: July 29, 2008, 11:25:09 PM »

Not sure where you're going with this, but I am a lifelong Brewer fan. They absolutely stink right now, especially at the plate. They go up with no approach at all other than swing for the fences. Their defense is pathetic. They look like the team that pissed away a decent lead in August last year. They're gonna give back almost all of a 7-0 roadtrip.

Forgive me for not being more positive.

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #635 on: July 29, 2008, 11:32:09 PM »
Another nice win at Wrigley North tonight.  Hopefully the offense has officially re-awakened.  Nice to see Fukudome and Ramirez step-up tonight...and it wouldn't have been complete without Z getting an RBI single off Benji.  Z now has two more hits than the entire Brewer staff combined and is now 4-1 against Sheets head-to-head...nice.  He was absolutely dominant tonight....the vaunted Brewer offense only got two guys past first base all night.  

Taking the first two games on the road with CC and Sheets starting is a great start.  Sheets is now 1-3 in his last 6 starts...ouch.

The Cubs played through their worst offensive stretch of the season while the Brewers had to win 9 of 10 to get back to even....of course following that with losing 4 of 5 at home takes some of that away.

I'll take a split over the last two games of the series to leave Milwaukee with a 3 game lead but if we win tomorrow....we'll all get greedy.  On the other side, we lose both and we leave in the same position as we arrived...still in first place.

Note to Cubs hitters:  hit the ball to left field.

No, there would be, but we're at home and the Cubs are on the road, and if the Brewers had beaten both Zambrano and Harden nobody would be saying "Those guys are supposed to lead you to the World Series?" Then again, I suppose Zambrano and Harden have never lost a game in their careers, so I suppose those 2 losses make Sheets and Sabathia terrible pitchers not worthy of carrying a team into the playoffs.  We're supposed to hold a double standard for the winning team?  So whoever wins, their fans are allowed to be a-holes, but whoever loses, it's being too hostile if they say something?  Alright, makes sense to me now.

Man, you really are not being realistic here at all.  So, you're telling me (as an example) that if CC beat Harden followed by Sheets beating Zambrano Brewer fans (especially you) wouldn't be trash talking?  Give me a frickin break....as it was pointed out to me...this is a pissing match. 

I haven't read anyone calling CC or Sheets terrible pitchers....if anything most Cubs fans here predicted losing either or both of the games against them in this series.

You certainly think people are hostile a lot....

« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 11:40:57 PM by MarquetteFan94 »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #636 on: July 29, 2008, 11:55:40 PM »
Another nice win at Wrigley North tonight.  Hopefully the offense has officially re-awakened.  Nice to see Fukudome and Ramirez step-up tonight...and it wouldn't have been complete without Z getting an RBI single off Benji.  Z now has two more hits than the entire Brewer staff combined and is now 4-1 against Sheets head-to-head...nice.  He was absolutely dominant tonight....the vaunted Brewer offense only got two guys past first base all night.  

Taking the first two games on the road with CC and Sheets starting is a great start.  Sheets is now 1-3 in his last 6 starts...ouch.

The Cubs played through their worst offensive stretch of the season while the Brewers had to win 9 of 10 to get back to even....of course following that with losing 4 of 5 at home takes some of that away.

I'll take a split over the last two games of the series to leave Milwaukee with a 3 game lead but if we win tomorrow....we'll all get greedy.  On the other side, we lose both and we leave in the same position as we arrived...still in first place.

Note to Cubs hitters:  hit the ball to left field.

Man, you really are not being realistic here at all.  So, you're telling me (as an example) that if CC beat Harden followed by Sheets beating Zambrano Brewer fans (especially you) wouldn't be trash talking?  Give me a frickin break....as it was pointed out to me...this is a pissing match. 

I haven't read anyone calling CC or Sheets terrible pitchers....if anything most Cubs fans here predicted losing either or both of the games against them in this series.

You certainly think people are hostile a lot....

I almost forgot about the Ignore buttons we now have.  That thing is going to work wonders for me.  Now I can have a legitimate baseball conversation with some Cubs fans.  Lates brah, your ignorance made me laugh quite a few times, it's been fun.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 12:11:42 AM by wadesworld »

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #637 on: July 30, 2008, 12:55:06 AM »
Want a cookie?

No, I'm not eating carbs right now.

Please find one cubs fan who is celebrating like we won the world series.  You sound ridiculously defensive.

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #638 on: July 30, 2008, 01:25:24 AM »
Want a cookie?

I think I've figured you out. I thought you had actually decided to chill out and tone down the anger/hostility/whatever you want to call it in your posts. Silly me. You've been all about taking the high road when your team's riding high, and incapable of taking any crap when they're not.

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #639 on: July 30, 2008, 02:44:52 AM »
Not sure where you're going with this, but I am a lifelong Brewer fan. They absolutely stink right now, especially at the plate. They go up with no approach at all other than swing for the fences. Their defense is pathetic. They look like the team that pissed away a decent lead in August last year. They're gonna give back almost all of a 7-0 roadtrip.

Fair enough. My mistake. Thought you were a Cubs fan talking trash. But let's (and I can't believe I'm saying this) take the Cubs fans' perspective for a moment, shall we?

We're going through a rough stretch (just as the Cubbies are/were before they came to Milwaukee). I doubt many Cubs fans lost faith in their team as they lost 7 of 10. On the flip side, I wasn't quite ready to hand the Brewers the pennant after a 7-game road win streak (although it was pretty damned enjoyable). So we got kicked around, at home, behind our ace, tonight. Big frickin' deal. It happens. I guess my point is this: one home loss does not make a team (especially the team with the 2nd-best record in the NL) pathetic.

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #640 on: July 30, 2008, 08:00:30 AM »
Finally back home in chicago after hanging with Talltitan at Miller park the past 2 days. 

Feel like yesterdays crowd, at least from where I was, took a chill pill and there was a lot less hostility. 

As for the game, there is one big difference I notice between the two offenses.  One relies heavily on the home-run, and the other will take their walks and string together hits.  If the home-runs aren't leaving the park for the brewers AS OF LATE, they aren't winning.

Last observation of the night, Fukudome did not deserve to be given a triple.  Braun does not get errors because he doesn't even get close to the ball.  His statement was that he had to make a play cause it was 2-0.  But if he just keeps it in front, it is 3-0 and guys on first and second.  A double play and K would have gotten Ben out.

Was a fun 2 nights being at the game.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #641 on: July 30, 2008, 10:11:56 AM »
No, I'm not eating carbs right now.

Please find one cubs fan who is celebrating like we won the world series.  You sound ridiculously defensive.
Were you at the game on Monday?  I can't speak for after Tuesday because I wasn't there, but there were plenty of fans acting like they'd just won the World Series.  We weren't moving in the parking lot so we decided to park it back up and bring the bean bags back out, and numerous Cubs fans had some pretty nasty things to say, and the other ones were just singing "Go Cubs Go."  I personally don't celebrate like that after a regular season win.

I really just don't understand how people can say "Men against boys.  The Brewers are pathetic" when the season series is tied between the teams and there's only 3 games separating them in the standings.  Is 3 games really that big of a difference, especially to start August?  Yes, the 2nd game was a bad loss for the Brewers and Z was lights out.  The first game was back and forth, great game, unlucky breaks for the Brewers.  When the Brewers aren't playing well they can lose ugly, just like every team.

The Brewers have lost 4 of 5 since taking 7 in a row on the road.  That makes their record 8-4 since the All-Star Break.  Yes, given that they did win those first 7 on the road I would hope the record would be better at home, but looking at the big picture, 8 out of 12 wins since the break really isn't that bad.  Neither is 3 games out of first with a chance to cut into the lead before August even starts (although I think it'll still be 3 games when August does start).  There is a lot of baseball left to play, and I believe 6 of the last 9 Cubs games are in Miller Park.  The Brewers will turn it around and keep up with the Cubs and give themselves a chance to take the division that last week, and if they don't take the division they'll most likely win the Wild Card.  Brewers fans as a whole seem to think this division is now over because the Cubs took the 1st 2 games.  Some Cubs fans seem to agree, others see the big picture better.  It's a 162 game season, and while this is a big series, it's only 4 games in that season.  The point is I'm not about to give up hope on the Brewers just because they lost the 1st 2 games to the Cubs with their aces on the mound.  Yes, it sucks, but no, the season's not over, or even close to it.  The real big series will come in those last 6 games is my bet.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 10:15:40 AM by wadesworld »

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #642 on: July 30, 2008, 10:20:27 AM »

no need for apologies. I think you are lumping the whole team together when that simply isn't the case though. Cameron, Weeks, Hall, and possibly a few others are definitely going up there w/o an approach. I'd say Braun and Kendall though still go up knowing what they want to do and executing a fair amount of the time. Cameron, Weeks and Hall probably have 30 hits to right field all year. When pitchers know that you aren't going to hurt them going the other way, they can throw outside half of the plate w/o much worry that you'll make solid contact cuz those three continue to try and pull every stinking ball sans about a week each where they would actually hit the ball to all fields.  That coupled w/ their strikeout totals is so difficult to handle. There is one bright spot right now in Braun but his mental error in left yesterday didn't help much. This team is playing very stupidly since coming home, that's for sure though.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #643 on: July 30, 2008, 10:35:28 AM »
I also am getting my first chance to post following the first two games with RobMUFan.

Notes:
  • While the first game was about 60%-70% Brewers fans, the second game was 40%-50% Brewer fans.  A noticeable drop in between the two games.
  • Miller Park staff did a great job controling drunk people showing an unbias between Brewer and Cub fans.  I'll give them props on that.

One last thing I noticed is that a large number of Brewer fans seemed more focused on making fun of the Cubs than the Brewers winning.  I didn't see one anti-Brewer shirt on a Cub fan but I saw about 15 different shirts bashing the Cubs.  Some of them were so offensive that Miller Park staff had to ask them to turn them inside out or be kicked out.

I understand outside Wrigley they have shirts showing Barrett punching AJ or anti-Cardinal shirts but they don't put stuff on them that children shouldn't see.  I agree the Horry Cow shirt is offensive but they stopped selling those awhile back.

One shirt said, "if you want to see losers play go to Clark and Addison".  That's fine.  I have no beef with that.  But the people wearing shirts with a Chirizo giving it to a Cub from behind with a shirt that says in uncensored form "F*ck the Cubs" needs to stop.

I agree a Cubs/Brewer game isnt the place to bring kids but you know they have a right to be there too, so just keep it clean please.  I understand its only a small sample but whoever is making these shirts needs to stop and whoever is wearing them needs to not wear them by a mom and her 3 little kids.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 10:37:11 AM by TallTitan34 »

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #644 on: July 30, 2008, 10:41:54 AM »
Were you at the game on Monday?  I can't speak for after Tuesday because I wasn't there, but there were plenty of fans acting like they'd just won the World Series.  We weren't moving in the parking lot so we decided to park it back up and bring the bean bags back out, and numerous Cubs fans had some pretty nasty things to say, and the other ones were just singing "Go Cubs Go."  I personally don't celebrate like that after a regular season win.

You may not celebrate like that, but I bet you would be in the minority.  Especially with this being a rivalry game. 

I walked out of the game (only my cubs hat on) and was jumped in front of, and given 2 middle fingers in the air.  Everybody finds some way to celebrate and or burn off steam...the problem is a few bad apples ruins it for everybody.

Did you have a problem with the go cubs go singing, or just the offensive comments?

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #645 on: July 30, 2008, 10:46:20 AM »

omg, they were singing "Go Cubs Go?"  DOn't they know that we only sing that song after we win the world series?  What the hell were they thinking.... oh wait, that is the song that they play after EVERY WIN.

You are clearly just pissed off and grasping at straws.  As for the rest of your post, yes clearly the brewers aren't a bunch of boys playing against men.  it's still a close race.  Relax and let other fans have fun.  If we let you take a game i'm sure there will be much rejoicing by brewers and then you can come here and bash your own fans for celibraiting (yeah right).

Strokin 3s

• Team Captain
« Reply #646 on: July 30, 2008, 11:04:56 AM »
GO CUBS GO, GO CUBS GO, Hey Chicago whadda you say?  Chicago's gonna win today!

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #647 on: July 30, 2008, 11:05:30 AM »
No, there would be, but we're at home and the Cubs are on the road,

We were on the road? That's not what it looked like on TV.  
You wouldn't celibrait on the road because there wouldn't be 40% brewer fans in chicago, if there were, yes you would.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #648 on: July 30, 2008, 11:36:36 AM »
What's up with the Brewers OF? Not good at defense.

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #649 on: July 30, 2008, 11:43:29 AM »
What's up with the Brewers OF? Not good at defense.

Cameron has been absolutely terrible this year. Braun made that mental error that changed the complexion of that whole inning. 2 scored and one ends up on third. If he plays it off the bounce instead of trying to make a miraculous catch, 2 on but it's first and second w/ only one run in.

feedback