collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Baseball Pissing Match  (Read 461390 times)

MUfan12

• All American
Re: The Offical Cubs & Brewers Pissing Match
« Reply #550 on: July 27, 2008, 11:27:24 PM »
After the Yosting that took place today, coupled with the Cubs comeback... Cubs take 3 of 4.

The Brewers lost all momentum from that roadtrip and are in a huge mental funk at the plate, as well as Nedly's brilliant pitching platoon mates. Cubs have momentum, and a manager with a brain.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #551 on: July 28, 2008, 07:32:19 AM »
Split.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #552 on: July 28, 2008, 08:15:24 AM »
Split.

Oh yeah the pickup was great for them, definitely not saying Harden is bad, just having a little fun since he can't get out of a 6th inning and can't pick up a win.  He was the 2nd best pitcher on the market, and since the best was traded to the Brewers they got the best of what was left (and sorry but anyone who claims Harden is better than Sabathia is a fool).  LET'S GO CREW!  I'm getting kicked out of Monday's game...can't wait.

So many things wrong with this statement. You are planning on getting kicked out? And Cubs fans are obnoxious?

Harden's been limited because there's no reason to keep him in there. We're in first place, and there's a lot of season left to play. No sense in pushing a delicate arm when it's unnecessary.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #553 on: July 28, 2008, 08:28:17 AM »

mosarsour

• All American
  • IV
« Reply #554 on: July 28, 2008, 09:43:09 AM »

Even as as Brewers fan, I find this hilarious.

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #555 on: July 28, 2008, 11:44:26 AM »
Split.

Harden's been limited because there's no reason to keep him in there. We're in first place, and there's a lot of season left to play. No sense in pushing a delicate arm when it's unnecessary.

Yeah, i'm pretty sure harden would have been able to come out for the 6th after only throwing 84 pitches if it was september

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #556 on: July 28, 2008, 02:30:39 PM »
After the Yosting that took place today, coupled with the Cubs comeback... Cubs take 3 of 4.

The Brewers lost all momentum from that roadtrip and are in a huge mental funk at the plate, as well as Nedly's brilliant pitching platoon mates. Cubs have momentum, and a manager with a brain.

yup... sure in a mental funk at the plate... have you seen Ryan Braun's stats after the all-star break?  No player has been better then him after the all-star break.  The brewers are ready for this series, all the quotes during the Astros series was about the Cubs.  The brewers didn't lose momentum, not at all, Astros have been a Brewer killer this year, and it wasn't any different in the past series.

Brewers take 3 of 4.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

reinko

• All American
« Reply #557 on: July 28, 2008, 03:40:24 PM »
If your "stud" pitcher is gettin' pulled after 84 pitchers because you want to save him for the playoffs, your team has issues.  Take off the mini skirt and throw.

And BTW, CC has more complete games in the month of July than Harden has in his entire career since 2003.

Can't wait for the excuse this year.  Already blamed it on a dude that wears a turtleneck and some livestock.  What's next??

🏀

• All American
« Reply #558 on: July 28, 2008, 03:43:11 PM »
Our bullpen can handle innings without anyone getting worried. On the other hand there's a reason why CC goes complete games.

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #559 on: July 28, 2008, 04:01:43 PM »
Our bullpen can handle innings without anyone getting worried. On the other hand there's a reason why CC goes complete games.

because he can?  Trust me, Yost doesn't make CC pitch a complete game whether he can or not... CC can pitch a complete game... he is 4-0 with the Brewers, so why not have him pitch a complete game, try to not make this a bullpen issue, because it's not, and I know you marqptm, a smart baseball guy, knows its not.  Its because CC Sabathia wants to go all 9 innings, and if he can, which he is fully capable of, then he will.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #560 on: July 28, 2008, 04:03:47 PM »
as much as i hate the pitch count, look at what CC's has been during those shutouts. Around 115 through 9 innings! that's the reason he continues to go 9...because he's dominating the crap out of his opponents.

gjreda

• Team Captain
  • I miss Real Chili.
« Reply #561 on: July 28, 2008, 04:13:16 PM »

As a huge Cubs fan, I'll have to disagree with you there.  Our pen has not been what it was in the earlier months of the year.  Marmol has been shaky lately (17 ERs and 18 BBs in his past 21 innings; I think he forgot he has a fastball too).  All he does is throw that slider, and well, if you can't throw your breaking ball for strikes, you are going to run into some serious trouble.  And in my personal opinion, Bob Howry should only be pitching in mop-up duty.  9 ERs in less than 12 innings this month?  He's absolutely terrible.  Awful.  I can't say enough bad things about him.  I really wish they would DFA him so that Lou can't keep trotting him out there anymore.

Nothing wrong with Harden only going 6ish innings in his starts in hopes to keep in healthy during the stretch.  I'll take 6 innings of 1 or 2 run ball any day of the week.  Your pen is there for a reason, but unfortunately, I have not had much confidence in ours lately.

Rollout-the-Barrel

• Starter
« Reply #562 on: July 28, 2008, 05:38:49 PM »
Game 1:  Gotta take CC over Lilly although CC can't win all his starts can he? Can you win Cy young for pitching half a season?
Game 2:  Give this one to Zambrano over Sheets in a close one.  They both can have that bad inning on occasion, but Zambrano is due for a win.
Game 3:  Parra edges Dempster as Cubs lineup struggles against the young lefty.  Dempster only one road victory.
Game 4:  Harden over Bush.  Can Harden actually get a win?  Struck out 10 in 5 innings on Saturday.  Bush gives up a few homers in this one.  Bullpen actually holds on to this one and the golden domer gets his second save.

Overall we get a split and are right back where we started. But should be fun, especially exciting for July.
"We have the blues on the run!"

🏀

• All American
« Reply #563 on: July 28, 2008, 05:45:30 PM »
Game 1:  Gotta take CC over Lilly although CC can't win all his starts can he? Can you win Cy young for pitching half a season?
Game 2:  Give this one to Zambrano over Sheets in a close one.  They both can have that bad inning on occasion, but Zambrano is due for a win.
Game 3:  Parra edges Dempster as Cubs lineup struggles against the young lefty.  Dempster only one road victory.
Game 4:  Harden over Bush.  Can Harden actually get a win?  Struck out 10 in 5 innings on Saturday.  Bush gives up a few homers in this one.  Bullpen actually holds on to this one and the golden domer gets his second save.

I agree, except the Cubs have been hitting leftys well, so I take Dempster the all-star over Parra.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #564 on: July 28, 2008, 10:33:46 PM »
I watched the 9th inning tonight, a lot of Cubs fans in Dairyland.  Reminded me of last week when the Red Sox were in town and their fans were here....of course we sent them hope unhappy that weekend. 

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #565 on: July 28, 2008, 11:01:09 PM »
Cubs= professional hitters

Brewers= beer league softball team.

I'm a Brewer fan. Cub fans enjoy taking 3 this week.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #566 on: July 28, 2008, 11:09:37 PM »

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #567 on: July 29, 2008, 01:03:40 AM »
Cubs= professional hitters

Brewers= beer league softball team.

I'm a Brewer fan. Cub fans enjoy taking 3 this week.

not sure I agree with the "beer league softball team" comment, but I too am afraid the Cubs will take 3 of 4. Goddamn Ricky Weeks....

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #568 on: July 29, 2008, 06:59:07 AM »
As long as the brewers keep jacking HRs...I am happy with it, because they are only solos.  Not going to win too many game getting 75% of your runs via the solo HR ball!  If the cubs limit the walks, they willl be fine!

And as for the tradition picture, funny a team that hasn't entered the playoffs since '82 can put something like that.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #569 on: July 29, 2008, 07:23:46 AM »
If your "stud" pitcher is gettin' pulled after 84 pitchers because you want to save him for the playoffs, your team has issues.  Take off the mini skirt and throw.

They aren't saving him for the playoffs!  They knew they took a risk that a guy that has been on the DL a bunch of times.  They are just being careful with him to make sure he doesn't have to go there again. Sorry he isn't pitching 120 pitches per game. 

Rollout-the-Barrel

• Starter
« Reply #570 on: July 29, 2008, 08:16:34 AM »

Goddamn Ricky Weeks....
Was a good take out slide by Reed Johnson to cause bad throw.
"We have the blues on the run!"

🏀

• All American
« Reply #571 on: July 29, 2008, 08:40:06 AM »
Was a good take out slide by Reed Johnson to cause bad throw.

Really was, he ran to where Rickie was going to be, executed perfectly. Rickie really had no chance, his best bet would have been to hand onto the ball.

Great game all-around, even if the Cubs lost, still was very exciting.

Listening to talk radio this morning, a lot of complaints about the Milwaukee hospitality, fans were flat out angry at any Cubs fan. geez, couple this series with the Favre fiasco, and I'm worried about the heart attack rate in Wisconsin.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #572 on: July 29, 2008, 09:21:28 AM »
Really was, he ran to where Rickie was going to be, executed perfectly. Rickie really had no chance, his best bet would have been to hand onto the ball.

Great game all-around, even if the Cubs lost, still was very exciting.

Listening to talk radio this morning, a lot of complaints about the Milwaukee hospitality, fans were flat out angry at any Cubs fan. geez, couple this series with the Favre fiasco, and I'm worried about the heart attack rate in Wisconsin.
Yeah it was a great game.  It seemed like the Cubs caught every break, but can't really complain because even so if Rickie makes that play it's a different ball game.  I thought he had a chance to make that play, he had enough time I thought, and I thought he got taken out after he threw it, but I was at the game and only saw it once.

I really didn't think the Brewers fans were all that bad.  I didn't think they were worse than the Cubs fans by any means.  From my experience a Brewers fan would just yell "Let's go Brewers!"  at a Cubs fan walking by (really not a bad thing, just having some fun...I'd hope they'd say something) and then a Cubs fan would retaliate, sometimes bad words got involved but it went both ways from what I saw.

At least we don't throw things at your left fielder while he is trying to play a ball in the corner ;).  Or have to have nets to keep parts of our stadium from falling and injuring fans.

Tonight's going to be an awesome game, and I can't wait.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Moonboots

• Starter
« Reply #573 on: July 29, 2008, 09:43:03 AM »
Really a great game to be at.  Great atmosphere.  Back and forth. Lots of jawing and yelling.

This was a bit infuriating:

BEHIND THE BOX SCORE

• Brewers shortstop J.J. Hardy made a fabulous play to retire Alfonso Soriano in the fifth inning after CC Sabathia deflected his liner up the middle. Hardy made a bare-hand scoop of the ball and fired a one-hop throw to Prince Fielder for the out.

• Third-base umpire Doug Eddings made two calls on key, close plays that went against the Brewers. In the sixth inning, Eddings called Corey Hart out trying to take third on a throw home that first baseman Lee cut off. In the seventh, he called Cedeño safe at third on a double steal as Soriano struck out. Replays indicated that Hart was safe and Cedeño was out.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=777316

I guess that's what I should expect when the Cubs come to town...

Couple that with Rickie Weeks blowing a double play ball, and you have your deciding factors right there. 

Get 'em tonight, boys.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 09:50:12 AM by PXILibero2 »

🏀

• All American
« Reply #574 on: July 29, 2008, 10:08:43 AM »
Cedeno and Hart were both out.