collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Baseball Pissing Match  (Read 461373 times)

🏀

• All American
Re: The Offical Cubs & Brewers Pissing Match
« Reply #425 on: July 22, 2008, 09:23:53 AM »
My head is WAY more meatier.

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #426 on: July 22, 2008, 09:57:57 AM »
Another wasted performance for Rich  :'(  :'(  :'(

12 1/3 innings, 20 strikeouts, 6 hits allowed and one earned run so far as a Cub...clearly this guy is damaged goods.  No shame in losing a duel with Randy Johnson on the road.  Harden was a great acquisition and, imagine this, he'll be in the rotation next year also....i.e. not a rental.

BTW- Looks like Wood isn't headed to the DL....sorry to disappoint you.

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #427 on: July 22, 2008, 10:42:35 AM »
12 1/3 innings, 20 strikeouts, 6 hits allowed and one earned run so far as a Cub...clearly this guy is damaged goods.  No shame in losing a duel with Randy Johnson on the road.  Harden was a great acquisition and, imagine this, he'll be in the rotation next year also....i.e. not a rental.

BTW- Looks like Wood isn't headed to the DL....sorry to disappoint you.

That's not the argument. The claim was that it was another wasted performance, which it was. Where's that awesome Cubbies offense been lately?

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #428 on: July 22, 2008, 11:30:41 AM »

That's not the argument. The claim was that it was another wasted performance, which it was. Where's that awesome Cubbies offense been lately?

I realize what the argument was....there was also a huge amount of criticism on the acquisition based on Harden's health history and recent performances (i.e. decrease in velocity, etc.).  He is clearly a 1 or 2 caliber starter....he's shown that in his first two starts as a Cub.  Team is 1-1 in his starts and he has been nothing short of dominant.  Was his first performace wasted because he didn't get the W?  He did his job....the Cubs won the game....all's well that ends well.

Was Sheets' last start in SF a wasted performance too since he didn't get the W?  Or better yet...was his Opening Day start against the Cubs wasted because he didn't get the W or did he do his job?  Depends on how hung up on stats you are I guess.

That awsome Cubs offense has clearly slowed down.....it's a 162 game season, teams will have struggles.  Much better to have struggles with a 2 game lead in first place....btw, still lead the league in batting avg and runs scored.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 11:45:04 AM by MarquetteFan94 »

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #429 on: July 22, 2008, 11:32:17 AM »
Agreed MU Warrior, this is a pissing match

So the question now is:  Who is the star of this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1MJ-ta0S24

A. PTM
B. RobMufan
C. Drew

Not me, I could only wish to be that physically fit.

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #430 on: July 22, 2008, 11:46:29 AM »
Agreed MU Warrior, this is a pissing match

So the question now is:  Who is the star of this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1MJ-ta0S24

A. PTM
B. RobMufan
C. Drew

I was in the background, writing his material.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #431 on: July 22, 2008, 11:50:44 AM »
If anyone wants to pass the afternoon, just go on youtube and search the following terms:

"cubs drunk"
"brewers drunk"

And '94...yes it is a wasted performance.  But it clearly wasn't Harden's fault.  That geriatric lineup couldn't must more than a few hits against a 44 year old pitcher with an ERA over 5

And you don't see Brewer fans on here creaming our shorts over the CC start.  Harden has looked good, but it's only been two games.  Don't crown as him the next Mordecai "Three Finger" Brown just yet.

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #432 on: July 22, 2008, 12:21:20 PM »
If anyone wants to pass the afternoon, just go on youtube and search the following terms:

"cubs drunk"
"brewers drunk"

And '94...yes it is a wasted performance.  But it clearly wasn't Harden's fault.  That geriatric lineup couldn't must more than a few hits against a 44 year old pitcher with an ERA over 5

And you don't see Brewer fans on here creaming our shorts over the CC start.  Harden has looked good, but it's only been two games.  Don't crown as him the next Mordecai "Three Finger" Brown just yet.

Hilarious...."geriatric lineup".....yep, clearly the Cubs are laden with over-the-hill players.  I forget, how old is that new 2B you just got to supplement Rickie "Mr. .219" Weeks?  It's nice that Cameron, Mota, Torres, Counsell and Kendall will be able to point him to the hot tub....I would've brought up Gagne too but that wouldn't have been nice. 

I don't think anyone has retired Harden's number yet in Chicago, take it easy.  Tempered enthusiasm.

Yep, the Cubs lost to a HOF pitcher last night who's won his last 3 starts.....how humiliating.

I've never seen so much trash talking from a 2nd place team....should make it fun down the stretch.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #433 on: July 22, 2008, 12:53:57 PM »
Randy Johnson is 13-0 against the Cubs.

Johnson OWNS the Cubs, not matter who's in the lineup.

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #434 on: July 22, 2008, 01:02:17 PM »
I know hearing he was 12-0 against them yesterday before the game made me feel better that we'd only be 2 games back after all games were completed.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #435 on: July 22, 2008, 04:42:02 PM »
Hilarious...."geriatric lineup".....yep, clearly the Cubs are laden with over-the-hill players.  I forget, how old is that new 2B you just got to supplement Rickie "Mr. .219" Weeks?  It's nice that Cameron, Mota, Torres, Counsell and Kendall will be able to point him to the hot tub....I would've brought up Gagne too but that wouldn't have been nice. 

I don't think anyone has retired Harden's number yet in Chicago, take it easy.  Tempered enthusiasm.

Yep, the Cubs lost to a HOF pitcher last night who's won his last 3 starts.....how humiliating.

I've never seen so much trash talking from a 2nd place team....should make it fun down the stretch.

Wow, I think Marquettefan94 has taken my place as the most hostile poster in this forum...

You fail to mention that our core group of players are Braun, Hart, Hardy, and Fielder.  They're all pretty young, if you didn't know that.

Harden has been very good, nobody denies it was a good trade for the Cubs...the Brewers just got a slightly better starter in CC who can go deeper into games and doesn't have the injury history that Harden does.  Nobody's saying Harden sucks.

Who's Johnson's last loss against?

And yup, it WILL be a fun stretch, despite the Brewers being FAR superior to the Cubs.

Everybody's having a little fun in here...try it...don't take everything so seriously.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 05:13:37 PM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

🏀

• All American
« Reply #436 on: July 22, 2008, 04:48:13 PM »
wadesworld, 94 is the ying to your yang.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #437 on: July 22, 2008, 05:11:08 PM »
wadesworld, 94 is the ying to your yang.
Yeah I'll admit it, at first I was way too into it, but I've eased off some because, after all, we're just fans, it's our job to think our team is better than other teams and to let it be known...
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #438 on: July 22, 2008, 05:15:17 PM »
Wow, I think Marquettefan94 has taken my place as the most hostile poster in this forum...

You fail to mention that our core group of players are Braun, Hart, Hardy, and Fielder.  They're all pretty young, if you didn't know that.

Harden has been very good, nobody denies it was a bad trade for the Cubs...the Brewers just got a slightly better starter in CC who can go deeper into games and doesn't have the injury history that Harden does.  Nobody's saying Harden sucks.

Who's Johnson's last lost against?

And yup, it WILL be a fun stretch, despite the Brewers being FAR superior to the Cubs.

Everybody's having a little fun in here...try it...don't take everything so seriously.

Wow, relax big guy....I am having fun, are you?  You should review some of your earlier posts.  I'll leave the hostility to you....not to worry.  Now you'll sit here and take the high road....give me a break.

Who cares who Johnson's last loss is against?  What does that have to do with him beating the Cubs last night or the fact that he's pitching a lot better over his last 3 starts?

Again, no worries, you will certainly keep the crown of "most hostile poster in this forum".....hilarious.  

Yeah, I did fail to mention that your core group of players are Braun, Hart, Hardy, and Fielder.....the other poster was referring to the Cubs as a "geriatric" lineup....I simply pointed out that the Brewers are not without their share of veterans....hence the list.  Soto, Zambrano, Harden, Ramirez, and Theriot are all pretty young themselves.  
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 05:34:58 PM by MarquetteFan94 »

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #439 on: July 22, 2008, 06:00:04 PM »
Yeah I'll admit it, at first I was way too into it, but I've eased off some because, after all, we're just fans, it's our job to think our team is better than other teams and to let it be known...

Well said, and I agree!  As long as we all know this is fun, there's no harm in a pissing match!

IAmMarquette

• All American

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #441 on: July 22, 2008, 11:16:34 PM »
HAHAHA chump change.  Thats just a tad more than prince owes in back taxes!

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #442 on: July 22, 2008, 11:22:49 PM »
HAHAHA chump change.  Thats just a tad more than prince owes in back taxes!

Haha touche.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #443 on: July 23, 2008, 09:55:02 AM »
Wow, relax big guy....I am having fun, are you?  You should review some of your earlier posts.  I'll leave the hostility to you....not to worry.  Now you'll sit here and take the high road....give me a break.

Who cares who Johnson's last loss is against?  What does that have to do with him beating the Cubs last night or the fact that he's pitching a lot better over his last 3 starts?

Again, no worries, you will certainly keep the crown of "most hostile poster in this forum".....hilarious. 

Yeah, I did fail to mention that your core group of players are Braun, Hart, Hardy, and Fielder.....the other poster was referring to the Cubs as a "geriatric" lineup....I simply pointed out that the Brewers are not without their share of veterans....hence the list.  Soto, Zambrano, Harden, Ramirez, and Theriot are all pretty young themselves. 
I am pretty relaxed actually, and I'm not all that big quite honestly.  I admitted before I was a little too serious, now I've eased off.  It's not really taking the high road, just having more fun.

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #444 on: July 23, 2008, 10:39:24 AM »
uh oh. down to a one game lead for the Cubbies!

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #445 on: July 23, 2008, 12:33:15 PM »
Woooo a one game lead.  I'm really scared. 

I'm sure you've noticed no Cubs fan has mentioned that the we have been in first place for the last 58 days.  It's because we realize it's who finishes in first after game 162 (or 163 if need be).

I wasn't excited for our 5 game lead when we had one nor am I worried about our 1 game lead now.  Theres still over two months to go and I am looking forward to getting Alfonso Soriano back.  I'll take him over Ray Durham anyday : ) 

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #446 on: July 23, 2008, 12:39:17 PM »
Woooo a one game lead.  I'm really scared. 

I'm sure you've noticed no Cubs fan has mentioned that the we have been in first place for the last 58 days.  It's because we realize it's who finishes in first after game 162 (or 163 if need be).

I wasn't excited for our 5 game lead when we had one nor am I worried about our 1 game lead now.  Theres still over two months to go and I am looking forward to getting Alfonso Soriano back.  I'll take him over Ray Durham anyday : ) 

right, and have fun not playing everyone in the west twice.

The lead goes away tonight, and tomorrow the brewers overtake first.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #447 on: July 23, 2008, 12:47:13 PM »
Alfonso Soriano > Anyone you can possibly trade for

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #448 on: July 23, 2008, 12:51:28 PM »
Also I enjoy knowing we didnt trade away our farm system for Ray Durham and C.C. who will be living it up on the west coast next year.

I am impressed though.  Brewer fans haven't resorted to bringing up the Packers.

(I couldn't find a pic of Favre in a Viking jersey but this will do)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 12:53:59 PM by TallTitan34 »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #449 on: July 23, 2008, 12:54:39 PM »
right, and have fun not playing everyone in the west twice.

The lead goes away tonight, and tomorrow the brewers overtake first.
Although that'd be awesome, I'm not going to count on it.  Our sweep in St. Louis is going to be awesome, but I don't think the Cubs will lose 2 more games in a row.

About trading away our farm system, we traded away LaPorta, our 2nd best prospect, and nobody else of significance.  I'd say it was definitely worth it.  I don't think we need a trade, especially the way your offense has been playing.  Soriano coming back might raise your average runs per game up from about 2 since the All-Star Break to about 2.5.  I'm predicting a tie at the top of the division by the time the Brewers and Cubs play.  Should be fun.

feedback