[Today at 11:42:11 AM]

2025 Bracketology by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 09:46:57 AM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by MUbiz
[Today at 08:06:43 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Lennys Tap
[June 02, 2024, 09:43:52 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Baseball Pissing Match  (Read 461448 times)

jaybilaswho?

• All American
Re: The Offical Cubs & Brewers Pissing Match
« Reply #225 on: May 02, 2008, 09:02:04 AM »
Class!!!  Anyone just see food/beer thrown from the stands on the brewers left fielder?

Anyone know what inning this was? I want to get on mlb.com and see if i can find it.
"A team should be an extension of a coach's personality. My teams are arrogant and obnoxious." Al McGuire

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #226 on: May 02, 2008, 09:06:11 AM »
Anyone know what inning this was? I want to get on mlb.com and see if i can find it.

Chances are if you go to mlb.com it will be the WGN broadcast which I was watching so you wouldn't see it there.  I would look for the FSN replay today

jaybilaswho?

• All American
« Reply #227 on: May 02, 2008, 09:29:00 AM »
Chances are if you go to mlb.com it will be the WGN broadcast which I was watching so you wouldn't see it there.  I would look for the FSN replay today

Yeah Mlb only has the WGN feed. I am assuming that WGN didnt show it at all. If someone sees the brewers replay today try to put this online. Brewers fans... here is your chance to capture to clASSiness of the cubs fans.
"A team should be an extension of a coach's personality. My teams are arrogant and obnoxious." Al McGuire

IAmMarquette

• All American

🏀

• All American
« Reply #229 on: May 02, 2008, 04:32:20 PM »
This hurts....

http://blogs.jsonline.com/brewers/archive/2008/05/02/gallardo-has-torn-acl.aspx

Thanks Ned Yost and the Brewers training staff for putting Yi back in. Once Sheets hits the DL again... money, pure money.

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #230 on: May 02, 2008, 04:58:14 PM »
Thanks Ned Yost and the Brewers training staff for putting Yi back in. Once Sheets hits the DL again... money, pure money.

Once you tear an ACL, it's torn. You're not going to do any more damage to it by playing. Athletes with torn ACLs don't miss time because they fear doing further damage, they miss time because they have absolutely no stability in the knee. Gallardo's injury happened during the play near first base. It had nothing to do with his returning to the mound afterwards.

Besides, Yi is a Buck. Yo is a Brewer. Get your Milwaukee sports straight. Maybe that way we can have some intelligent discussion (not that I'd expect that from a Cubs fan).

coach85

• Walk-On
« Reply #231 on: May 02, 2008, 05:39:57 PM »
Below the blog on the injury, it was "shocking" to see these comments from the clASSy, intelligent Brewer fans:

"Exactly what kind of idiot slides into first base?  Everyone knows you should run though the bag.  I heard it on the radio yesterday and I said the next time that Lee came to bat they should have threw at him for pay back.

The Brewers better throw at someone on the Cubs the next time they play."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You've got to be kidding me...this totally ruined my day.

I know it wouldn't be the right thing to do, but right now all I want is to play the Cubs again so we can throw a fastball at someone's head.  It sure would make me feel better about things right now..."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't understand why everyone is mad at the trainer and Ned Yost and not pissed at Reed Johnson...Reed Johnson should be booed constantly at Miller park, through his entire AB's and non-stop heckled in the outfield...time to start your research pro-hecklers!

I tore my ACL and later Miniscus and the the ACL tear is painless and can be rehabed.  He should also be able to wear an active knee brace - running backs in the NFL have played for years with torn ACLS using those...there's not a lot of cutting in baseball which is true, but for a pitcher to be constantly landing on your leg after every pitch and gaining momentum from your legs, your knee is incredibly important.  My guess is they knew what happened right away and Gallardo said if my seasons over at least let me finish this inning...This is a terrible thing to have happened to one of baseballs best rising stars and one of baseballs historical duds and cub to boot is responsible...man o man I hate the cubs!!!!!  "

"Reed Johnson slid into firstbase, that's what he did wrong...that's the coward move...talk to anyone in baseball and ask them there thoughts about sliding into firstbase...it doesn't get you there quicker and you increase the chances of injury of yourself or another player...so yes he did do something wrong...gopher, stay in minnesota or your northside transplat and leave the posting to true blue brewers fans! "

"I will never give a cub the benefit of the doubt I don't care if he slid because prince was going to deck him! "

"Reed Johnson sucks."

jaybilaswho?

• All American
« Reply #232 on: May 02, 2008, 07:53:12 PM »

I know its only the 2nd inning bur  go cards go!

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #233 on: May 02, 2008, 09:45:01 PM »
Below the blog on the injury, it was "shocking" to see these comments from the clASSy, intelligent Brewer fans:

"Exactly what kind of idiot slides into first base?  Everyone knows you should run though the bag.  I heard it on the radio yesterday and I said the next time that Lee came to bat they should have threw at him for pay back.

The Brewers better throw at someone on the Cubs the next time they play."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You've got to be kidding me...this totally ruined my day.

I know it wouldn't be the right thing to do, but right now all I want is to play the Cubs again so we can throw a fastball at someone's head.  It sure would make me feel better about things right now..."

"I don't understand why everyone is mad at the trainer and Ned Yost and not pissed at Reed Johnson...Reed Johnson should be booed constantly at Miller park, through his entire AB's and non-stop heckled in the outfield...time to start your research pro-hecklers!

I tore my ACL and later Miniscus and the the ACL tear is painless and can be rehabed.  He should also be able to wear an active knee brace - running backs in the NFL have played for years with torn ACLS using those...there's not a lot of cutting in baseball which is true, but for a pitcher to be constantly landing on your leg after every pitch and gaining momentum from your legs, your knee is incredibly important.  My guess is they knew what happened right away and Gallardo said if my seasons over at least let me finish this inning...This is a terrible thing to have happened to one of baseballs best rising stars and one of baseballs historical duds and cub to boot is responsible...man o man I hate the cubs!!!!!  "

"Reed Johnson slid into firstbase, that's what he did wrong...that's the coward move...talk to anyone in baseball and ask them there thoughts about sliding into firstbase...it doesn't get you there quicker and you increase the chances of injury of yourself or another player...so yes he did do something wrong...gopher, stay in minnesota or your northside transplat and leave the posting to true blue brewers fans! "

"I will never give a cub the benefit of the doubt I don't care if he slid because prince was going to deck him! "

"Reed Johnson sucks."

If this is from the JS Blog, most of these guys are Baaajr fans (read: idiots).

chapman

• All American
« Reply #234 on: May 03, 2008, 12:08:24 AM »
Sliding into first base is just fundamentally poor.  Doing it makes Reed Johnson an idiot, but he's not a disgrace to the game d-bag like Shelley Duncan.  Throwing at him would be like a team throwing at Rickie Weeks because he hit their baserunner while trying to make the routine throw to first he can never make.  You can boo an idiot all you want, but you don't throw at someone unless they're a d-bag.

Some of those responses are normal frustration.  But the claim that Gallardo knew right away and asked to go out there is laughable.  I've torn my MCL playing football and "went back out there" with no mobility and fell over a couple times.  I really doubt I went back out because I wanted a last hurrah to the season when I didn't know it was over until the next day.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #235 on: May 03, 2008, 12:29:22 AM »
You slide into first if you are avoiding the tag. RJ did this earlier in the week, and it was successful, I was shocked to see that Prince's stomach allowed him to bend over far enough to get the tag on the sliding RJ.

Great game tonight Bilas.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #236 on: May 03, 2008, 12:30:35 AM »

Besides, Yi is a Buck. Yo is a Brewer. Get your Milwaukee sports straight. Maybe that way we can have some intelligent discussion (not that I'd expect that from a Cubs fan).

Yi, Yo, doesn't matter one is done for the year, one was a terrible draft choice.

No one actually wants to have a discussion, let alone an intelligent one, about the void that is Milwaukee sports.

reesiecup210

« Reply #237 on: May 03, 2008, 04:05:43 AM »
This thread is an embarrassment to all baseball fans. Just terrible. I hope I never sit next to any of you; Cubs fans or Brewers fans. Too bad this inane banter has to happen on a Marquette basketball blog. Hopefully, people don't find this thread, it reflects terribly upon our University.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #238 on: May 03, 2008, 11:22:54 AM »
This thread is an embarrassment to all baseball fans. Just terrible. I hope I never sit next to any of you; Cubs fans or Brewers fans. Too bad this inane banter has to happen on a Marquette basketball blog. Hopefully, people don't find this thread, it reflects terribly upon our University.

It is a pissing match, so it should be terribly blown out of the water. Which clearly has occurred. Overreaction much?

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #239 on: May 03, 2008, 12:03:45 PM »
Too bad this inane banter has to happen on a Marquette basketball blog.

It's also in the superbar where we can have conversations not about basketball!

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #240 on: May 03, 2008, 07:46:44 PM »
With gallardo out, Manny para and Villanueva as starters, looks like it could be a rough go here for the next couple of weeks.  Add in an offense that showed signs of run production, only to have it taper off, I can only laugh!

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #241 on: May 04, 2008, 12:21:55 AM »
Yeah... if the Brewers are going to compete at all they need to go get a legit #2 starter. You can't do it with an ace, a #3, and 3 #5 starters.

Sooner rather than later, Doug. Things could be turning ugly soon.

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #242 on: May 04, 2008, 12:24:37 AM »
Yeah... if the Brewers are going to compete at all they need to go get a legit #2 starter. You can't do it with an ace, a #3, and 3 #5 starters.

You wouldn't consider Suppan to be a serviceable #2 starter?

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #243 on: May 04, 2008, 10:38:02 AM »
I was at the game on Thursday and Tuesday.  Johnson slid to avoid the tag of Fielder, the only time you should slide at first base. He did not slide to take out Gallardo.  Gallardo was an idiot, as soon as he saw Fielder turn to try tag Johnson, he should have gotten out of the way.  The Brewer fan that was with me agreed.  Too many people get injured on those collision plays at first, see Furcal vs. Lee in '06.   
And if anything, the Brewers did their best to "take out" Cubs all series.  The Pie/ Weeks play at second (probably debateable), Braun taking out Theriot at second on Tuesday night (probably didn't see that on the CSN or FSN replays, but Lou made sure to point it out), and Fielder at home against Soto on Thursday (Lou said it was a clean play). 

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #244 on: May 04, 2008, 12:12:03 PM »
You wouldn't consider Suppan to be a serviceable #2 starter?
Not for a contending team, no.

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #245 on: May 04, 2008, 04:42:21 PM »
Not for a contending team, no.

Missed the '06 World Series, did you?

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #246 on: May 04, 2008, 05:12:51 PM »
Missed the '06 World Series, did you?
Maybe, but I think you're looking for the NLCS game against the Mets.

Suppan was 12-7 with a 4.12 ERA, 190 IP, 0 CG in 2006. He's a decent pitcher, perfect guy for the 3/4 role, which is where he was successful in St. Louis.

One great playoff performance and a big contract does not mean a guy is good enough to be near the top of the rotation.

Wareagle

• Team Captain
« Reply #247 on: May 04, 2008, 05:21:25 PM »
Maybe, but I think you're looking for the NLCS game against the Mets.

Suppan was 12-7 with a 4.12 ERA, 190 IP, 0 CG in 2006. He's a decent pitcher, perfect guy for the 3/4 role, which is where he was successful in St. Louis.

One great playoff performance and a big contract does not mean a guy is good enough to be near the top of the rotation.
I would add the note that the Cardinals may have been one of the worst teams ever to win a World Series.  Suppan gives a team innings, which can't be underrated given the Brewers pitchers' penchant for getting injured.

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #248 on: May 04, 2008, 06:17:26 PM »

Does it matter who is pitching when you have a $10 mil guy closing?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #249 on: May 04, 2008, 06:21:58 PM »

feedback