collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Baseball Pissing Match  (Read 461404 times)

IAmMarquette

• All American
Re: The Offical Cubs & Brewers Pissing Match
« Reply #200 on: May 01, 2008, 04:12:21 PM »
By play at the plate do you mean when Kosuke was called out? (He was clearly safe but that's a different matter.) I'm guessing WGN didn't capture it on tape, in which case there is no bias. But I will agree that there is obviously no place for anything like that in the game.

Uecker would agree with you. (Thanks MLB.com for letting me listen to the Brewers radio broadcast while I'm stuck in the library here in Chicago.)

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #201 on: May 01, 2008, 04:20:15 PM »
I am surprised no Cub fan called me out in saying the series is 4-2... its actually 3-2 Brewers on the season, but you were all too worried about the dynamics of roofs to notice an obvious error by a Brewer fan, which would show a lack of baseball "intelligence".

Now it's 4-2   :)

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #202 on: May 01, 2008, 04:34:13 PM »
yup, stuff thrown at Braun out in left and after Soriano went 0-4 he was getting booed as he went back to the dugout. really classy Chi-town.  Guy just gets back, makes decent contact on a couple ab's and gets booed. Well done you clASSy folks...

chapman

• All American
« Reply #203 on: May 01, 2008, 04:49:39 PM »
Now it's 4-2   :)

Though I'm sure some Cubs fans will tell us the "moral victory" from the beatdown on Wednesday is actually more important than winning the series.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #204 on: May 01, 2008, 05:44:50 PM »

Thanks for making my point. It's getting gutted because it NEEDS TO BE GUTTED, just as I said.

I don't remember concrete falling on fans' heads at Miller Park, do you?

Things must look awfully distorted through your blue and red glasses...

I don't think anyone disagrees it needs to be gutted, it really could use it. Not necessary.

I do remember cranes falling at Miller Park...too soon?

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #205 on: May 01, 2008, 05:49:56 PM »
crane, singular. and y bring up a freak accident where the crane collapsed under a third of the weight it was made to lift that resulted in 3 fatalities?? Does it make you happy to be such a dick so often??

🏀

• All American
« Reply #206 on: May 01, 2008, 05:54:47 PM »
It really wasn't a freak accident... I had an OSHA class on it already... 40 MPH wind gusts and pressure from the Owners to complete the lift caused it.

Why bring up falling concrete?

One incident was negligence. One was aging concrete.

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #207 on: May 01, 2008, 05:55:49 PM »
Though I'm sure some Cubs fans will tell us the "moral victory" from the beatdown on Wednesday is actually more important than winning the series.

Hey, a win is a win.  I'll give it to the brewers for not giving up, seems to be the M-O of the season for them.  No matter what happens they aren't afraid to take it to the last out.  Congrats on the come from behind win.  A win like this can catapult a team for a long stretch (See ARam v Brewers last June!).  Good luck in Houston brewer fans!

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #208 on: May 01, 2008, 05:56:11 PM »
I don't think anyone disagrees it needs to be gutted, it really could use it. Not necessary.

I doubt the Cubs' ownership (whoever that happens to be/will be) would undertake a ballpark (unintentional pun, sorry) half-billion dollar renovation if it wasn't necessary.

As for your second comment, a construction accident is not quite the same as a stadium falling apart around spectators at a baseball game. Come on, ptm, stay on topic!

🏀

• All American
« Reply #209 on: May 01, 2008, 06:01:44 PM »

I doubt the Cubs' ownership (whoever that happens to be/will be) would undertake a ballpark (unintentional pun, sorry) half-billion dollar renovation if it wasn't necessary.

As for your second comment, a construction accident is not quite the same as a stadium falling apart around spectators at a baseball game. Come on, ptm, stay on topic!

If it was necessary, it would be happening. Necessary, "Absolutely essential", if it was absolutely essential, Wrigley wouldn't be playable until it was reconstructed. So is it necessary?

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #210 on: May 01, 2008, 06:53:13 PM »

Yeah, too soon and not even comparable.

Kind of a dick move to bring that up.

EaglesForever

• Walk-On
« Reply #211 on: May 01, 2008, 07:22:33 PM »
I'm sorry, but after watching the Cubs fans throw full cups of beer a Ryan Braun in left field, I have lost all respect for anyone who is a fan of the Cubs.

As far as I'm concerned, all Cubs fans are the most classless, disrespectful, moronic dicks in all of baseball.  I feel bad for every child I see wearing a Cubs hat or t-shirt.

I have sat next to Cardinals, White Sox, and Twins fans on numerous occasions at Miller park.  I would take any of them over any Cubs fan I have ever met.  You can actually have a real baseball conversation with them. 

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #212 on: May 01, 2008, 07:28:05 PM »
If it was necessary, it would be happening. Necessary, "Absolutely essential", if it was absolutely essential, Wrigley wouldn't be playable until it was reconstructed. So is it necessary?

Ah, technicalities... You're probably one of those people that thinks hate speech is protected under the first amendment (freedom of speech!) or that people have a "right" to bear arms (2nd amendment). Something about the spirit of the law vs. the letter....

DISCLAIMER: Not intended to spark political debate.

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #213 on: May 01, 2008, 08:19:22 PM »
I'm sorry, but after watching the Cubs fans throw full cups of beer a Ryan Braun in left field, I have lost all respect for anyone who is a fan of the Cubs.

As far as I'm concerned, all Cubs fans are the most classless, disrespectful, moronic dicks in all of baseball.  I feel bad for every child I see wearing a Cubs hat or t-shirt.

I have sat next to Cardinals, White Sox, and Twins fans on numerous occasions at Miller park.  I would take any of them over any Cubs fan I have ever met.  You can actually have a real baseball conversation with them. 

Hmm good to know. On a related note, I have lost all respect for those who make sweeping generalizations of groups of people. Also on that list, people who throw things at players and people who waste entire beers they paid good money for.

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #214 on: May 01, 2008, 09:13:45 PM »
Hmm good to know. On a related note, I have lost all respect for those who make sweeping generalizations of groups of people. Also on that list, people who throw things at players and people who waste entire beers they paid good money for.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ky9Kso9q_Ws
But I like to throw handfuls...

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #215 on: May 01, 2008, 09:18:04 PM »
nice chili...that is great!!

reinko

• All American
« Reply #216 on: May 01, 2008, 10:22:13 PM »
that youtube clip is fan effin tastic

Oh and Cubs fans...scoreboard

Thanks Kerry!

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #217 on: May 01, 2008, 10:30:33 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ky9Kso9q_Ws

Don't see how that changes my point. So there are the 1 or 2 guys (I'm guessing, I haven't seen it) who threw beer at Braun, and the 10 or so people who threw balls on the field--minus the first one or two because of the tradition. And obviously there are more dbag Cubs fan besides these. Still a tiny minority of total Cubs fans.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #218 on: May 01, 2008, 10:43:43 PM »
http://www.bleedcubbieblue.com/2008/5/1/471257/oops

Read that Brewer fans, that is how most Cub fans feel, in my opinion.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #219 on: May 01, 2008, 10:50:26 PM »
Hey Brewer fans. Standings.

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #220 on: May 01, 2008, 11:10:42 PM »

It's May 1. With the weak schedule the Cubs have played and only being up 1/2 a game doesn't seem like something to applauding.
But I like to throw handfuls...

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #221 on: May 01, 2008, 11:11:55 PM »
http://www.bleedcubbieblue.com/2008/5/1/471257/oops

Read that Brewer fans, that is how most Cub fans feel, in my opinion.

Nice blog. If I were a Cubs fan I might add it to my regular reading.

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #222 on: May 01, 2008, 11:13:46 PM »

On May 1? Really? As my fellow Brewer fans and I can attest, sitting atop the standings at this point (or in July, for that matter) doesn't mean much.

IAmMarquette

• All American

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #224 on: May 01, 2008, 11:37:23 PM »
25 years later, and it still applies.

Lee Elia will always be my favorite Cubs manager of all time.  Second on the list is of course Dusty Baker.

"The (bleepers) don't even work. That's why they're out at the (bleeping) game. They oughtta go out and get a (bleeping) job and find out what it's like to go out and earn a (bleeping) living. Eighty-five percent of the (bleeping) world is working. The other 15 come out here. A (bleeping) playground for the (bleepers). Rip them (bleepers)! Rip them (bleeping) (bleepers) like the (bleeping) players!"

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/cs-080423-lee-elia-apologize-rant-tirade,1,5225738.story

Audio of the aforementioned rant. NOT SAFE FOR WORK (or just about anywhere else, for that matter).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uv23pqH9iG0&feature=related