[Today at 12:30:51 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by MuMark
[Today at 11:42:11 AM]

2025 Bracketology by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 09:46:57 AM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by MUbiz
[Today at 08:06:43 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Baseball Pissing Match  (Read 461521 times)

Mayor McCheese

• All American
Re: The Offical Cubs & Brewers Pissing Match
« Reply #175 on: May 01, 2008, 11:57:23 AM »
I am surprised no Cub fan called me out in saying the series is 4-2... its actually 3-2 Brewers on the season, but you were all too worried about the dynamics of roofs to notice an obvious error by a Brewer fan, which would show a lack of baseball "intelligence".
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #176 on: May 01, 2008, 12:14:45 PM »
You know who really couldn't handle the 60 degree weather on opening day?  The Brewers.   They played the field with winter hats over thier baseball hats in the first inning.

Funny how they took them off in the 2nd inning after the bleachers ripped them apart!

Yes, I'm sure our veteran, gold-glove center fielder, reigning Rookie of the Year left fielder, and criminally-underrated right fielder were so concerned with what a bunch of drunken idiots/chicks in heels drinking wine were yelling at him that they removed their stocking caps. Give me a unnatural carnal knowledgeing break.

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #177 on: May 01, 2008, 12:16:06 PM »
It's funny, high rollers like Mark Cuban seem to be fine with it.  Today was his second visit!

Wow! He's been there exactly as many times as I have! Don't think for a second that if he bought the team he wouldn't do MAJOR renovations, maybe even (GASP) sell naming rights.

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #178 on: May 01, 2008, 12:17:37 PM »
I am surprised no Cub fan called me out in saying the series is 4-2... its actually 3-2 Brewers on the season, but you were all too worried about the dynamics of roofs to notice an obvious error by a Brewer fan, which would show a lack of baseball "intelligence".

Or most of last night we were all trying to figure out how many more runs that turnbow would give up

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #179 on: May 01, 2008, 12:18:51 PM »

Wow! He's been there exactly as many times as I have! Don't think for a second that if he bought the team he wouldn't do MAJOR renovations, maybe even (GASP) sell naming rights.

Thanks for your money!

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #180 on: May 01, 2008, 12:18:58 PM »
And it does change the fact that it needs to be gutted, because it will be gutted shortly in the future. I guess someone is a little insecure with peeing next to another guy.

I don't think its anywhere near 'dump' status. Chicago Stadium was a dump, County Stadium was a dump, Veterans Stadium was a dump, Wrigley is nowhere  'dump' status.

Thanks for making my point. It's getting gutted because it NEEDS TO BE GUTTED, just as I said.

I don't remember concrete falling on fans' heads at Miller Park, do you?

Things must look awfully distorted through your blue and red glasses...

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #181 on: May 01, 2008, 12:19:32 PM »
Thanks for your money!

And thank YOU for coming to Miller.

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #182 on: May 01, 2008, 12:23:51 PM »
Your welcome, I go to fund another racing sausage, and will keep going until i hear that they are creating another one!

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #183 on: May 01, 2008, 12:28:17 PM »

Yes, I'm sure our veteran, gold-glove center fielder, reigning Rookie of the Year left fielder, and criminally-underrated right fielder were so concerned with what a bunch of drunken idiots/chicks in heels drinking wine were yelling at him that they removed their stocking caps. Give me a fracking break.

Also, if you want to talk about baseball "intelligence" you may want to check your lineup on opening day.  Last time I heard, Tony Gwynn Jr. isn't a veteran, nor does he have a gold glove!

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #184 on: May 01, 2008, 12:53:02 PM »
I don't remember concrete falling on fans' heads at Miller Park, do you?

Just water falling on them. 

When is the last time concrete fell at Wrigley?  Oh yeah they took care of that a long time ago.  Come up with something new Brewer fans.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #185 on: May 01, 2008, 01:14:03 PM »
Ludum habemus.

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #186 on: May 01, 2008, 01:15:16 PM »
Congrats, you just lost to progressive field...I mean Jacobs field!

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #187 on: May 01, 2008, 01:16:35 PM »

It was 3-1 at the time. Rest assured, I caught it, but there's not a lot of difference between 3-1 and 4-2. Unlike, say, the difference between 1st place and 3rd place.

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #188 on: May 01, 2008, 01:44:48 PM »
Just water falling on them. 

When is the last time concrete fell at Wrigley?  Oh yeah they took care of that a long time ago.  Come up with something new Brewer fans.

Why? What else do we need? Your stadium is FALLING APART. By "took care of that", is this what you mean?

"The first would be life, health, safety construction. You've got nets holding concrete, stuff like that. We want to make sure the infrastructure is strong.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=745330

I seem to remember another place where the stadium was literally falling apart. Remember the Kingdome? Remember what happened to it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zn0qqc3EWhE
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 01:50:31 PM by IAmMarquette »

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #189 on: May 01, 2008, 01:51:19 PM »
Also, if you want to talk about baseball "intelligence" you may want to check your lineup on opening day.  Last time I heard, Tony Gwynn Jr. isn't a veteran, nor does he have a gold glove!

Last time I heard, Mike Cameron, an 11 year veteran and 3-time Gold Glove winner, was back starting in center.  If you want to call someone out, you should prolly have your facts straight.  Did you even watch the last 2 games?  If you did I would think you would know Cameron was back, especially after the big night he had Tuesday.

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #190 on: May 01, 2008, 02:02:19 PM »

Missed that part, but I'm pretty sure Gwynn wasn't too concerned with the idiots behind him either.

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #191 on: May 01, 2008, 02:34:18 PM »
Last time I heard, Mike Cameron, an 11 year veteran and 3-time Gold Glove winner, was back starting in center.  If you want to call someone out, you should prolly have your facts straight.  Did you even watch the last 2 games?  If you did I would think you would know Cameron was back, especially after the big night he had Tuesday.

If your going to jump into the convo know what your talking about.  Even IAMMARQUETTE admitted he didn't read that part.  Maybe you should go back and read what i said!

State

• Starter
« Reply #192 on: May 01, 2008, 03:19:37 PM »
Class!!!  Anyone just see food/beer thrown from the stands on the brewers left fielder?

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #193 on: May 01, 2008, 03:33:18 PM »
Class!!!  Anyone just see food/beer thrown from the stands on the brewers left fielder?

Nope, didn't see it. Just another benefit of watching WGN (besides not having to listen to Bill or Dave Nelson). I did however see Prince get owned by Soto at the plate.

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #194 on: May 01, 2008, 03:33:47 PM »

Been watching the game, can't say that I did

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #195 on: May 01, 2008, 03:40:38 PM »
Been watching the game, can't say that I did

Thrown right at Braun. Putting the ASS in CLASS.
But I like to throw handfuls...

State

• Starter
« Reply #196 on: May 01, 2008, 03:42:20 PM »
Didn't see it????  They showed the replay about 10 times on FSN...it was the play at the plate...

Guess it shows the media bias...

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #197 on: May 01, 2008, 03:45:56 PM »
Didn't see it????  They showed the replay about 10 times on FSN...it was the play at the plate...

Guess it shows the media bias...

By play at the plate do you mean when Kosuke was called out? (He was clearly safe but that's a different matter.) I'm guessing WGN didn't capture it on tape, in which case there is no bias. But I will agree that there is obviously no place for anything like that in the game.

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #198 on: May 01, 2008, 03:46:18 PM »
It's funny, they have showed the Marmol K's about 10 times! Your right, I guess WGN does show a bias! They show baseball!!! BADDDDD WGN!

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #199 on: May 01, 2008, 04:11:10 PM »
If your going to jump into the convo know what your talking about.  Even IAMMARQUETTE admitted he didn't read that part.  Maybe you should go back and read what i said!

My bad Rob, I should have read closer.