collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Baseball Pissing Match  (Read 461292 times)

IAmMarquette

• All American
Re: The Offical Cubs & Brewers Pissing Match
« Reply #150 on: April 30, 2008, 07:38:37 PM »
As for tonight, this is ugly. 6-0 after the first? Yikes...

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #151 on: April 30, 2008, 07:57:51 PM »
Yeah.

A ONE-HITTER through three.
SS Marquette

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #152 on: April 30, 2008, 08:33:55 PM »
Looks like last night was the blind squirrel who finds a nut every once in a while with 17 hits!

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #153 on: April 30, 2008, 08:41:22 PM »
Looks like last night was the blind squirrel who finds a nut every once in a while with 17 hits!

we still lead the series 4-2

and marqptm, I think it was you that made fun of Brewer fans for wearing crowns for Prince.... well how dumb are the headbands for Fukodome... whats the difference?  Oh since Cub fans wear them its legit?
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #154 on: April 30, 2008, 08:56:18 PM »

Thats fine, win the battle.  When you lose the war, let me know!

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #155 on: April 30, 2008, 09:16:22 PM »

and marqptm, I think it was you that made fun of Brewer fans for wearing crowns for Prince.... well how dumb are the headbands for Fukodome... whats the difference?  Oh since Cub fans wear them its legit?

Wrong it was me! 

A Brewer fan made fun of Cubs fans for wearing floppy hats and I just was pointing out that fans of both teams wear dumb things on their heads.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #156 on: April 30, 2008, 10:06:00 PM »

The difference between Fenway and Wrigley...

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=745330

You do realize that the Bleachers were part one of the Wrigley reconstruction right? If it weren't for the future owners situation, renovations were slated to start rebuilding the grandstands in 2010.

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #157 on: April 30, 2008, 10:09:02 PM »
I do. Doesn't change the fact that the place needs to be gutted. Face it. If you weren't a Cubs fan, you'd agree with everyone else that it's a dump. Historic, sure. But a total dump of a stadium.

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #158 on: April 30, 2008, 10:23:59 PM »
I do. Doesn't change the fact that the place needs to be gutted. Face it. If you weren't a Cubs fan, you'd agree with everyone else that it's a dump. Historic, sure. But a total dump of a stadium.

It's funny, high rollers like Mark Cuban seem to be fine with it.  Today was his second visit!

🏀

• All American
« Reply #159 on: April 30, 2008, 10:24:32 PM »

I'd actually call a stadium that is barely 7 years old with a completely busted roof, rusting heavily from the outside, and looks like a dump while traveling North on Miller Park way a dump. Wrigley has held itself well for over 96 years, while Miller Park hasn't over 7 years.

And it does change the fact that it needs to be gutted, because it will be gutted shortly in the future. I guess someone is a little insecure with peeing next to another guy.

I don't think its anywhere near 'dump' status. Chicago Stadium was a dump, County Stadium was a dump, Veterans Stadium was a dump, Wrigley is nowhere  'dump' status.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 10:28:05 PM by marqptm »

EaglesForever

• Walk-On
« Reply #160 on: April 30, 2008, 10:37:54 PM »
Please explain the "completely busted roof" comment.  The last time I remembered the roof opens, closes, and allows the Brewers to play in any weather.  Don't tell me you would prefer to sit out in the rain on a 40 degree day hoping the game continues.  That's just plain dumb. 

And to compare the outside "looks" of Miller Park to Wrigley is moronic.  Most fans like to watch the game from inside the stadium.

EaglesForever

• Walk-On
« Reply #161 on: April 30, 2008, 10:38:24 PM »

🏀

• All American
« Reply #162 on: April 30, 2008, 10:57:13 PM »
Please explain the "completely busted roof" comment.  The last time I remembered the roof opens, closes, and allows the Brewers to play in any weather.  Don't tell me you would prefer to sit out in the rain on a 40 degree day hoping the game continues.  That's just plain dumb. 

And to compare the outside "looks" of Miller Park to Wrigley is moronic.  Most fans like to watch the game from inside the stadium.

Busted Roof:
1.) Takes just over twenty minutes to close/open.
2.) Have you ever watched Brewers Live! when the roof is closing? It's louder than standing on Runway 19 Left at Mitchell Airport, who by the way copyrighted the slogan "Chicago's Third Airport."
3.) Frequent Leakage Issues.
4.) Select any of these problems that were never rectified because the Contractor released the retainer on the project prior to a final inspection. http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=36057

It does only matter what happens from the inside, but as a Civil Engineer, I view stadiums as landmarks, and they should look accordingly.

I'm enjoy rain delays, they extend the experience of going to a game. I'll take them any day over sitting inside while it's a nice 60 degrees outside, but too cold for the roof to be open. Roofed stadiums are dying... sorry Milwaukee...

Nice picture, how original!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 11:04:48 PM by marqptm »

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #163 on: April 30, 2008, 10:59:26 PM »

Tell that to the 41,000 + that went and stayed on opening day.  Tell that to those fans that watched the past 2 games in sub par weather.  Apparently cubs fans aren't to worried about the conditions.

Brewers fans see the roof leaking and need to break out the umbrellas!

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #164 on: April 30, 2008, 11:01:30 PM »

scariest moment in brewer history!!!

good thing he didn't go on the DL to join benny!

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #165 on: April 30, 2008, 11:11:01 PM »
Roofed stadiums are dying... sorry Milwaukee...

I agree, the fact that Minnesota didn't put a roof on their stadium, and the weather they will endure in early april agrees with the statement.  Other new stadiums including both New York stadiums and the Rays new stadium also support the argument!

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #166 on: April 30, 2008, 11:27:24 PM »
Minnesota's stadium is designed to have the option to add a roof when funds would be accumulated...way to know your facts

chapman

• All American
« Reply #167 on: April 30, 2008, 11:36:16 PM »

You know you're stretching when you claim you enjoy rain delays.  I bet it's like Christmas when you sit through the rainout and the game gets postponed.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #168 on: April 30, 2008, 11:37:45 PM »
You know you're stretching when you claim you enjoy rain delays.  I bet it's like Christmas when you sit through the rainout and the game gets postponed.

Rain Delays are different than postponements. I enjoyed the rain delay at Opening Day. Never rained too hard, saw the new drainage system work, brought nice warm weather, and met some great people.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #169 on: April 30, 2008, 11:49:06 PM »
Minnesota's stadium is designed to have the option to add a roof when funds would be accumulated...way to know your facts

Hmm... maybe you need to know your facts first:

Will there be a roof?
The Twins-Hennepin County ballpark bill, passed by the 2006 legislature, calls for the construction of an open-air facility.

http://minnesota.twins.mlb.com/min/ballpark/new_faq.jsp

Ouch.

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #170 on: May 01, 2008, 01:56:54 AM »
Hmm... maybe you need to know your facts first:

Will there be a roof?
The Twins-Hennepin County ballpark bill, passed by the 2006 legislature, calls for the construction of an open-air facility.

http://minnesota.twins.mlb.com/min/ballpark/new_faq.jsp

Ouch.

calls for the construction of an open air facility with the option to add a roof in the future...considering I've spoken with reliable individuals that have first hand knowledge of this, you might want to double check all your facts Strzalka.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #171 on: May 01, 2008, 07:03:10 AM »
They passed a legislation from preventing the owner from ever adding a roof.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #172 on: May 01, 2008, 08:41:22 AM »
Rain Delays are different than postponements. I enjoyed the rain delay at Opening Day. Never rained too hard, saw the new drainage system work, brought nice warm weather, and met some great people.

All I know is most people are impatient and many don't want to wait out a rain delay when they have to get up for work the next day.  While it's not as nice as seeing a game with the roof open and nice weather, I'm thankful I didn't have to cancel my plans several times when it was pouring out or even when there was a blizzard because there was baseball to be played.  Only drawback for me is never getting to have the excitement of a true "day at the ballpark" that comes with having double headers.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #173 on: May 01, 2008, 11:04:13 AM »
You know who really couldn't handle the 60 degree weather on opening day?  The Brewers.   They played the field with winter hats over thier baseball hats in the first inning.

Funny how they took them off in the 2nd inning after the bleachers ripped them apart!

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #174 on: May 01, 2008, 11:43:22 AM »
All I know is most people are impatient and many don't want to wait out a rain delay when they have to get up for work the next day.  While it's not as nice as seeing a game with the roof open and nice weather, I'm thankful I didn't have to cancel my plans several times when it was pouring out or even when there was a blizzard because there was baseball to be played.  Only drawback for me is never getting to have the excitement of a true "day at the ballpark" that comes with having double headers.

That's what is nice about day baseball not only on get away day!  There is alot of time to wait it out, make some friends sitting next to you!

feedback