[Today at 12:30:51 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by MuMark
[Today at 11:42:11 AM]

2025 Bracketology by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 09:46:57 AM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by MUbiz
[Today at 08:06:43 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Baseball Pissing Match  (Read 461518 times)

LON

• All American
Re: Baseball Pissing Match
« Reply #2125 on: August 13, 2009, 07:47:25 AM »
And by the way, really classy fans out there in Wrigley field, throwing a cup of beer on Shane Victorino as he catches a fly ball.  At least it was only 1 this time instead of the 10 that were thrown at Braun earlier this year.

You forgot to mention that the jagoff pointed to an innocent guy next to him so he got tossed...

From deadspin:  http://deadspin.com/5336293/stay-classy-cubs-fans-update?skyline=true&s=x

Let's see here...

Kanye glasses, check
Frat boy sweatband, check
V-neck tight t-shirt, check.

This guy's a real winner.

EDIT:  I forgot to mention the off-center tipping of his hat...what a douche

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #2126 on: August 13, 2009, 08:04:08 AM »
Again, moving guys around to different positions isnt as easy as you make it sound. It is more feasible with Gamel, because he is younger and has not settled into 3B at the ML level...as Weeks is at 2B.

Remember what happened to Bill Hall when he moved from Utility IF to CF? Everyone just assumed he could make the switch, and it didn't bode well for anyone. His defense was bad, and it was the beginning of the end for his success at the plate.

As for JJ, I HIGHLY doubt they mess with his service time. It just wouldnt be a good thing to do.

LON

• All American
« Reply #2127 on: August 13, 2009, 08:21:28 AM »
As for JJ, I HIGHLY doubt they mess with his service time. It just wouldnt be a good thing to do.

That would be a pretty cold thing to do, I agree.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #2128 on: August 13, 2009, 08:34:43 AM »
Lopez can still play some 3B and SS. It is more likely that he takes Counsel's role as the Utility Infielder, than moving Weeks all over the place.

My ideal lineup for the 2010 season, assuming/hoping Hardy/Hart are moved for some arms.

C - Kendall/Salome
1B - Fielder
2b - Weeks/Lopez
3B - Mcghee/Lopez
SS - Escobar/Lopez
LF - Gamel
CF - Cameron
RF - Braun

No one has mentioned Iberrian.  Do people think he need another year in the minors?

My guess is that Lopez is gone.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #2129 on: August 13, 2009, 08:59:18 AM »
I think that the Brewers may mess with Hardy's service time if he refused to switch to 3rd base.  I could see Melvin deciding that Escobar is the SS of the future for the Brewers and telling JJ that he would be most valuable at 3B.  So if JJ refused the switch, then they're gonna ship him out and get higher trade value with that extra year of contract control.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #2130 on: August 13, 2009, 09:19:37 AM »
Exactly Brew City.

I have no idea why the Brewers wouldn't do what is their best interests considering he is apparently refusing a move to 3B.

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #2131 on: August 13, 2009, 09:31:48 AM »
Exactly Brew City.

I have no idea why the Brewers wouldn't do what is their best interests considering he is apparently refusing a move to 3B.

I don't think that's a good precedent to set.  If other players see stuff like that then it makes them question whether the Brewers are a team that they want to play for.  Hardy has given the Brewers some good years and I think he'll still be a productive player.  He slumped badly this year but there's no reason that he can't come back around and be the player he was the last few years.  If he's in the Brewers plans going forward then great, if not then try to unload him; but I don't think they should do something as cold as cost him a year of service time (and probably $5 mill or so down the road).

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #2132 on: August 13, 2009, 09:36:44 AM »
Hardy could be in the Brewers' plans if he agrees to move to 3b.  If not, then screw him.  With all the time and $ they have invested in him, he needs to take one for the team and do what the boss wants him to do.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #2133 on: August 13, 2009, 09:38:11 AM »
Exactly Brew City.

Commissioners Office

Players Union

Neither will be happy if they do this to JJ.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #2134 on: August 13, 2009, 09:41:57 AM »
A manager can't use injuries as an excuse but a fan sure can.  Find me a single team who has had more injuries than the Cubs. They've had their complete roster together for 2 games this year.

Pitchers:
- Lilly
- Dempster
- Harden (2)
- Zambrano (2)
- Guzman (2)
- Patton
- Fox
- Waddel

Position Players:
- Ramirez
- Soto
- Bradley
- Johnson (2)
- Miles
- Blanco
- Freel

As for the guys throwing beer lets not forget the Brewer fans who threw a beer bottle at a bus and got their asses kicked for it.  There are morons in every fandom.  Once walking home down Wisconsin Avenue after a Cubs game some Brewers fans threw a beer bottle out of the window at us.  Other put hot coals under Cubs fans tires.  I can go on but I think you understand that all teams have dumb fans.

Funny how wadesworld returns once the Cubs start losing some games huh haha?

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #2135 on: August 13, 2009, 09:47:21 AM »

As for the guys throwing beer lets not forget the Brewer fans who threw a beer bottle at a bus and got their asses kicked for it.  There are morons in every fandom.  Once walking home down Wisconsin Avenue after a Cubs game some Brewers fans threw a beer bottle out of the window at us.  Other put hot coals under Cubs fans tires.  I can go on but I think you understand that all teams have dumb fans.

Who cares what fans do to each other? You are right, there are d-bags everywhere.

However, none of those instances you described involved the game itself.  There is  a huge difference between fans going after each other, and a dumbass fan interfering with the game like that guy did.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #2136 on: August 13, 2009, 09:48:14 AM »
Commissioners Office

Players Union

Neither will be happy if they do this to JJ.

So now you can't send a guy down to the minors for three weeks when he's hitting .220 without hearing from the commissioner and the union?

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #2137 on: August 13, 2009, 10:15:49 AM »
So now you can't send a guy down to the minors for three weeks when he's hitting .220 without hearing from the commissioner and the union?

Not if it is deemed as an attempt to screw with his service time...which Hardy and his Agent will definately make a case for, if it comes to that.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2138 on: August 13, 2009, 10:39:34 AM »

...and when I come home from up north...haha.  Plus I probably would've come back when the Cubs lost twice in a row to the Reds 5 days ago if that were the case, not wait until they had lost 6 of 7.  But go ahead TT, you and PTM know exactly where I am and what games I watch and why I am not posting on here when I am not.  I'd still like to know, with your vision of the future, if the Cubs will win their first game in the playoffs after 6 years next year.

Oh no, fans doing things to other fans after games.  I'd have to say it's a little bit different for a fan to throw stuff at a player while a ball is in play.  I could be wrong though.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 10:43:51 AM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #2139 on: August 13, 2009, 11:41:52 AM »
A manager can't use injuries as an excuse but a fan sure can.  Find me a single team who has had more injuries than the Cubs. They've had their complete roster together for 2 games this year.

Pitchers:
- Lilly
- Dempster
- Harden (2)
- Zambrano (2)
- Guzman (2)
- Patton
- Fox
- Waddel

Position Players:
- Ramirez
- Soto
- Bradley
- Johnson (2)
- Miles
- Blanco
- Freel

The Cards have had just as many injuries as the Cubs.

Combined starts for the top 4 starting pitchers:
Cards - 81
Cubs - 79 (Cubs have played 4 less games)

The last 4 guys are middle relief pictchers, none are a big loss.  Guzman has been pitching suprising well this year, but has still thrown 50 innings which is about the same amount he would have pitched if he had never gone on the dl.

Missed Games:
Cubs
Ramirez - 79
Bradley - 18 (to be expected, the guy is a huge injury risk)
Soto - Tough to say how many starts he's missed, but prolly around 30, however is he even much of an upgrade over Hill at this point with the way he's swinging the bat?
Johnson - Tough to say as he's in a platoon, prolly about 25
Miles, Blanco, and Freel are all junk and none are significant losses.
Total - estimated about 152

Cards
Glaus - 116 and counting
Ludwick - 20
DeRosa - 13 (Cards only)
Ankiel - Same as Johson, tough to say how many games since they switch up the outfield, but prolly about 10
They've had some other garbage guys miss time as well (Barden, Ryan, Greene)
Total - estimated about 149

Never let facts get in the way of a good excuse.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #2140 on: August 13, 2009, 12:04:12 PM »
Never let facts get in the way of a good excuse.

Your facts proved my point that the Cards have had fewer injuries!  I didn't say it was by a wide margin.

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #2141 on: August 13, 2009, 12:51:23 PM »
Your facts proved my point that the Cards have had fewer injuries!  I didn't say it was by a wide margin.

Haha, well I guess you got me there  ;D

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #2142 on: August 13, 2009, 01:53:14 PM »
The person that threw the bottle at you probably knew you TT and your complete jagoff attitude when it comes to the Cubs. No offense of course... ;D

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #2143 on: August 20, 2009, 03:01:58 PM »
This thread certainly has died...much like the Brewers' and Cubs' seasons.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #2144 on: August 20, 2009, 03:33:46 PM »
This thread certainly has died...much like the Brewers' and Cubs' seasons.

Fact.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #2145 on: August 20, 2009, 05:30:14 PM »
Yeah it's no fun when both teams suck.

Robin Yount was overrated.  Let's see if that can stir up anything.

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #2146 on: August 20, 2009, 05:40:42 PM »

Robin Yount was overrated.  Let's see if that can stir up anything.

You can say what you want about Robin but Robinade brand lemonade is delish!

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #2147 on: August 20, 2009, 06:16:22 PM »

It's fun if you're a Cards fan!!

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2148 on: August 20, 2009, 08:15:43 PM »
It's fun if you're a Cards fan!!
Meh, they still suck.  Can't say I didn't call it from day 1 though...

In all honesty I don't think the Cards can hang with either the Dodgers or the Phillies.  IMO, those two are the class of the NL by far, and that will be a hell of a NLCS.  I pray that the Cards don't prove me wrong and win the WS or something.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #2149 on: August 20, 2009, 08:47:17 PM »
Yeah, with the 2009 campaign in the books, perhaps we will all unite to derive whatever enjoyment we can out of hating of that miserable douche bag Larussa and the Cardinals.

feedback