collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Baseball Pissing Match  (Read 461334 times)

jmayer1

• All American
Re: Baseball Pissing Match
« Reply #2050 on: August 05, 2009, 10:14:20 AM »
"Retaliating" when you are up 13 runs in the 9th with 2 outs and nobody on your team has gotten hit on purpose is stupid.

Whining about the events after the game is stupid.  All Macha should have said was that he didn't really see the need for it and that was it.

Charging after the pitcher who hit you intentionally is stupid, especially when you try to charge him in his own locker room and considering he only hit you in the leg/hip area.

Throwing at the helmet/head of anybody at anytime, even if they actually took out a polaroid out to take a shot of their homer, is extremely stupid and dangerous (both Braun and Soriano).

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #2051 on: August 05, 2009, 10:16:59 AM »
Prince will be gone for a little while, but I'm just glad the heat from his thighs rubbing together didn't spark a wildfire with all the running around he was doing in the tunnels.
Somebody has to have video of this with all the media, cell phones, etc. walking around in the tunnels after the game.  Absolutely hilarious...the visual of him running with his size 62 jersey untucked through the tunnels screaming with teammates chasing after him only to get to a closed door is priceless.  Conjures up images of the Running of the Bulls in Pamplona.  Talk about coming unglued......the Cubs have a used Gatorade dispenser for sale that can take a beating....could be the late season acquisition the Brewers need.

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #2052 on: August 05, 2009, 10:25:44 AM »
Can we get Henry Sugar to analyze the relationship of Cubs and Brewers results, NL Central standings, and the number of Wade's posts here?   :D

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #2053 on: August 05, 2009, 10:26:29 AM »
http://cbs2.com/video/?id=110706@kcbs.dayport.com

I love prince, but he just needs to grow up. It's part of the game.

As Kendall said after the Pittsburgh incident: "Go to the mound, or go to 1st base...nothing else is necissary."

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #2054 on: August 05, 2009, 10:30:58 AM »
Can we get Henry Sugar to analyze the relationship of Cubs and Brewers results, NL Central standings, and the number of Wade's posts here?   :D
I'm sure we'll have some Cubs parody youtube clips coming our way at some point.

Moonboots

• Starter
« Reply #2055 on: August 05, 2009, 10:56:37 AM »
The pitch Ramirez got hit on was one that rode too far in. From a AAAA reliever. Not even close to intentional. Fielder and Macha have every right to be pissed off. What is the point in hitting Manny there, when you're just trying to get the freaking game over with? My favorite part is wanting to "protect" Manny. By doing that, aren't you opening him up to another one tonight?

That said, Prince's actions were ridiculous. But Mota, and Torre for that matter, should both be suspended. It happened in 07 when the Brewers got into their pennant race beanball war with St. Louis. Yost and McClung were both suspended for plunking Pujols.

That's what my mind immediately went to...

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #2056 on: August 05, 2009, 11:03:32 AM »
LaRussa baited Ned Yost into retaliating in 2007 and it worked. That should have cost Yost his job at the time.

I wish security didn't stop Prince from entering allowing for a 25 on 1 battle to take place. If an opposing player enters your clubhouse screaming I have to believe fists would be thrown.

MarqPTM, what is the coefficent of friction on Prince's thighs?  High 0.8's I gotta believe.  

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #2057 on: August 05, 2009, 11:05:36 AM »
http://cbs2.com/video/?id=110706@kcbs.dayport.com

I love prince, but he just needs to grow up. It's part of the game.

As Kendall said after the Pittsburgh incident: "Go to the mound, or go to 1st base...nothing else is necissary."

In watching the video...  It seems Martin is trying very hard not to laugh about it. 
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #2058 on: August 05, 2009, 12:12:32 PM »
I'm happy he attacked.  This thread was dead.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #2059 on: August 05, 2009, 01:19:14 PM »
This thread was dead.

That's because the baseball season is 2 months too long.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #2060 on: August 05, 2009, 02:02:19 PM »
That's because the baseball season is 2 months too long.

Wrong. It was dead because the Brewers have faded back into obscurity as Packers camp started.

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #2061 on: August 05, 2009, 02:46:47 PM »
and when the cubs weren't doing much, the thread was pretty dead as well other than wadesworld running his mouth abt stuff that didn't matter like an average near .700 in May.  boy doesn't understand that it doesn't matter how many jabs you get in, it matters where you finish the season.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #2062 on: August 05, 2009, 02:50:03 PM »
Wrong.

Congratulations on acting 10 years old.

It was dead because the Brewers have faded back into obscurity as Packers camp started.

The Brewers are still getting their fair share of media.  Through 53 games we're ranked 8th in attendance in MLB.  That's far from obscurity for a small market team.

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #2063 on: August 05, 2009, 11:31:24 PM »
The Brewers are awful. No debating that. Once again, however, the Cubs are the best of a terrible (though competitive) division. Enjoy your NLDS exit (and yes, I know the Brewers won't be making the playoffs).

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #2064 on: August 06, 2009, 08:22:28 AM »
Once again you say?  I realize it didn't get them anywhere but the Cubs had the best record in the National League last year.  Please don't lump this season into last.

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #2065 on: August 06, 2009, 09:02:45 AM »
The Brewers are awful. No debating that. Once again, however, the Cubs are the best of a terrible (though competitive) division. Enjoy your NLDS exit (and yes, I know the Brewers won't be making the playoffs).

I think the Cards will edge out the Cubs for the division this year, but both teams are still in the thick of the wild card race.  The Brewers (or Houston for that matter) still aren't out of it, but they're getting close and I don't see a way the Crew can go on a run with the starting pitching they're currently tossing out there.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #2066 on: August 06, 2009, 09:22:43 AM »
The Brewers are awful. No debating that.

Only awful teams take 2 of 3 from the Dodgers.

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #2067 on: August 06, 2009, 10:24:57 AM »
Mota throwing at Prince in that situation.....not necessary

Prince chariging the clubhouse....stupid

reinko

• All American
« Reply #2068 on: August 06, 2009, 11:07:35 AM »
I love how the media is portraying Prince being at the Clubhouse door pounding on it, ready to fight the whole Dodger team.  His teammates and security personnel got him to turn away 30 feet from the door.

Nonethless, solid win last night.  Go Crew!

MU B2002

• All American
« Reply #2069 on: August 06, 2009, 12:02:49 PM »
I love how the media is portraying Prince being at the Clubhouse door pounding on it, ready to fight the whole Dodger team.  His teammates and security personnel got him to turn away 30 feet from the door.

Nonethless, solid win last night.  Go Crew!

Technically, he was at the door.  Granted that door, while an entrance to the clubhouse, was 30 feet away from the lockroom.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #2070 on: August 06, 2009, 12:22:31 PM »
Only awful teams take 2 of 3 from the Dodgers.

Agreed.  The Astros and Padres did it too haha.

LON

• All American
« Reply #2071 on: August 06, 2009, 01:13:46 PM »
Agreed.  The Astros and Padres did it too haha.

You're almost correct, but nice try.

The Padres split a four game series in April (at home)

The Astros won the series 2-1 in April (at home) and split a four game series in mid-July.

MU B2002

• All American
« Reply #2072 on: August 06, 2009, 01:35:41 PM »
You're almost correct, but nice try.

The Padres split a four game series in April (at home)

The Astros won the series 2-1 in April (at home) and split a four game series in mid-July.

You are going to go to that much detail and leave out the fact the Dodgers took 2 of 3 in Milwaukee for a series split?
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

LON

• All American
« Reply #2073 on: August 06, 2009, 01:47:17 PM »

You are going to go to that much detail and leave out the fact the Dodgers took 2 of 3 in Milwaukee for a series split?

I never said I wasn't wearing Brewers colored glasses...

EDIT:  And with sortable schedules on team sites it didn't take more than 5 minutes to gather all that

MU B2002

• All American
« Reply #2074 on: August 06, 2009, 02:22:22 PM »
I never said I wasn't wearing Brewers colored glasses...

EDIT:  And with sortable schedules on team sites it didn't take more than 5 minutes to gather all that

Gotta love the internet.

Little dissapointed to see the Dodgers drop 2 of 3 but you had to see the 1 run game coming after the 17 run output the night before.  Oh well.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

feedback