collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Baseball Pissing Match  (Read 461426 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Baseball Pissing Match
« Reply #2000 on: July 28, 2009, 12:28:59 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uyz6pXm74nI&feature=related

...and I now understand why Wrigley Field's 2nd name is "The World's Biggest Gay Bar."  And it's not just the guy in yellow.  It's everybody!  Haha!

"I'm sweeping the Indians!"  It sounds like this thread's Cubs fans!  Yeah, we're hot baby!  Beating the Nationals, Reds, and now a game from Houston!  Watch out!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 12:36:31 AM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #2001 on: July 28, 2009, 03:15:17 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uyz6pXm74nI&feature=related

...and I now understand why Wrigley Field's 2nd name is "The World's Biggest Gay Bar."  And it's not just the guy in yellow.  It's everybody!  Haha!

"I'm sweeping the Indians!"  It sounds like this thread's Cubs fans!  Yeah, we're hot baby!  Beating the Nationals, Reds, and now a game from Houston!  Watch out!

Wadesworld... from a Brewer fan, you can stop finding the oddest way to attempt to make fun of the Cubs.

As a Brewer fan, I would love the Brewers to beat the Nationals, Reds and Houston.  Because last time I checked, we lost a series to the Reds recently, and just lost 14-6 to the Nats tonight.

The Brewers haven't won back to back games since sometime in June.

Although I agree the man in the yellow is a douche, the Cubs are playing good ball right now, the Brewers aren't... shoosh
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #2002 on: July 28, 2009, 06:04:44 AM »
For the record I am 120% ok with the Astros throwing at Soriano today.

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #2003 on: July 28, 2009, 06:35:56 AM »
I did a few times, when we were ranked THIRD.  But NINTH, now THAT is something to be proud of!  GO CUBS BABY!  WOOOOOO!

And you just made two posts...in a row...essentially stating the EXACT same thing.  Congratulations.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/boxscore?gameId=290704116
Anybody can find one bad game for another team.  Really impressive stuff by you.

I love the Cubs fans hard ons over the first 2 weeks after the break.  The only team with any chance to win a game in the playoffs from the NL Central is the Cardinals, and even they will have a hard time doing that.

You seem upset.  It was pretty impressive when the Brewers were ranked Third in some subjective ranking system in May....you should feel damn proud of that.  I love the how you start firing off youtube clips....again, you've become very fun to watch/read....keep up the good work.

The over/under on wadesworld posts on this thread today.....4.....I'll go with the over.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 06:43:29 AM by MarquetteFan94 »

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #2004 on: July 28, 2009, 06:42:31 AM »
As a Brewer fan, I would love the Brewers to beat the Nationals, Reds and Houston.  Because last time I checked, we lost a series to the Reds recently, and just lost 14-6 to the Nats tonight.

And in hilarious fashion, too. :)
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #2005 on: July 28, 2009, 08:03:51 AM »
You seem upset.  It was pretty impressive when the Brewers were ranked Third in some subjective ranking system in May....you should feel damn proud of that.  I love the how you start firing off youtube clips....again, you've become very fun to watch/read....keep up the good work.

The over/under on wadesworld posts on this thread today.....4.....I'll go with the over.

my favorite part about your posts recently MF94 is that you seem to think that July is September.

maybe drop the standings postings until its all decided... lest you look like the people you are currently making fun of?

reinko

• All American
« Reply #2006 on: July 28, 2009, 08:28:37 AM »
my favorite part about your posts recently MF94 is that you seem to think that July is September.

maybe drop the standings postings until its all decided... lest you look like the people you are currently making fun of?

See it's different when MU94 does it, he puts one of these on the end of the sentence  ::) , thus making it ok and funny.

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #2007 on: July 28, 2009, 08:31:29 AM »

And my favorite part of your post Hards is that you completely missed my sarcasm which I would've thought should've been pretty clear by the use of teal text coupled with rolling eyes.....I realize it's July and the standings, BS rankings, etc. at this point are meaningless.....other Brewer fans here apparently thought otherwise in MAY.

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #2008 on: July 28, 2009, 08:36:20 AM »
See it's different when MU94 does it, he puts one of these on the end of the sentence  ::) , thus making it ok and funny.

This is becoming funnier by the minute....honestly....the entire point of my posts is that rankings and standings at this point are meaningless and ridiculous....how much more do I need to spell it out reinko?  sarcasm is difficult to grasp sometimes....oh wait, was I serious?

Although it is nice to be in first place.  ;D
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 08:39:19 AM by MarquetteFan94 »

🏀

• All American
« Reply #2009 on: July 28, 2009, 08:41:54 AM »
For the record I am 120% ok with the Astros throwing at Soriano today.

+ 121%. Soriano is wearing one off the earhole today.

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #2010 on: July 28, 2009, 09:04:14 AM »
I don't know the brewers contracts or how doug melvin works...but say the Brewers find themselves 6 back on Wed, worst case scenario 6.5 or 7 on Thursday, do they become sellers?

reinko

• All American
« Reply #2011 on: July 28, 2009, 09:12:58 AM »
I don't know the brewers contracts or how doug melvin works...but say the Brewers find themselves 6 back on Wed, worst case scenario 6.5 or 7 on Thursday, do they become sellers?

As a Brewer fan, I am not sure what we exactly have to sell.  Hall is untouchable, Hardy and Hart have played like girls this year.  We have no setup guys of value.  Only non-stud players of value that could be moved; Council, Cameron, Hoffman, Parra (maybe).

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #2012 on: July 28, 2009, 09:32:16 AM »
Hart and Hardy are both tradeable, and I can gaurentee you there is a market out there for Hardy.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #2013 on: July 28, 2009, 09:33:19 AM »
And my favorite part of your post Hards is that you completely missed my sarcasm which I would've thought should've been pretty clear by the use of teal text coupled with rolling eyes.....I realize it's July and the standings, BS rankings, etc. at this point are meaningless.....other Brewer fans here apparently thought otherwise in MAY.

sarcasm isn't the easiest thing to detect over the internet... isn't that why we use teal for it?

I suppose you didn't get that memo.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #2014 on: July 28, 2009, 09:35:12 AM »
As a Brewer fan, I am not sure what we exactly have to sell.  Hall is untouchable, Hardy and Hart have played like girls this year.  We have no setup guys of value.  Only non-stud players of value that could be moved; Council, Cameron, Hoffman, Parra (maybe).

Hardy and Hart are still under control, and have demonstrated some ability (at one time anyway). Cameron would be a defensive upgrade for just about any team, and has a plus bat for a CF. Best thing the Brewers could do, is find a team that wants one of those guys, ask for very little in return, and try to make them take Bill Hall or Jeff Suppan in the deal.

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #2015 on: July 28, 2009, 10:48:09 AM »
sarcasm isn't the easiest thing to detect over the internet... isn't that why we use teal for it?

I suppose you didn't get that memo.

Um, I did use teal....and added rolling eyes to emphasize it.....you may want to check again.

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #2016 on: July 28, 2009, 11:14:47 AM »
Um, I did use teal....and added rolling eyes to emphasize it.....you may want to check again.

Hey boys, lets get this back to baseball, no need for the longest running thread to get locked because of 2 people arguing over sarcastic remarks!

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #2017 on: July 28, 2009, 11:34:13 AM »
+ 121%. Soriano is wearing one off the earhole today.

Why because it took him 30 seconds to make it to first base? 
Or because of the thing with his hands?

"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #2018 on: July 28, 2009, 12:02:04 PM »

Why because it took him 30 seconds to make it to first base? 
Or because of the thing with his hands?

The "you can't see me" motion in awesome...none of that was directed towards the astros. 

The pointing and walking after the hit is prob what got them angry!

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #2019 on: July 28, 2009, 12:19:30 PM »
The pointing wasn't tooo bad.  He was pointing to his family who came up to see the game. 

The walking, "you can't see me" motion, and walk around the bases are what is going to get him drilled.

I don't want them to, but I wouldn't blame the Astros for throwing at his head tonight.  That's how baseball works. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2020 on: July 28, 2009, 12:43:34 PM »
Haha the funny thing is you've already topped that number.  And over the last 24 hours you have 9 posts compared to my 3.  If you're going to try to make fun of how much I post on here you might want to consider how much you do first.  Think about what you're saying before you say it.  But like other people have said, when you do it it's hilarious and sarcastic and in good fun, but when I do it I'm insane and angry and have an obsession with the Cubs.  Hilarious.

As for whether or not the Brewers should become sellers, I wish we had the players worth selling.  At this point yes we could get something for JJ and Cory who need a RF and a SS, but they are worth about as little as they possibly can be right now, so personally I'd like to keep them until the offseason in hopes that they get something going and raise their trade value.  Worst case scenario, they finish off the season as they have played all year and their trade value is the same as it is now.

We could try to trade Cameron, but how many teams want a 36 year old who has 2 months left on his contract?  Same thing with Counsell (even less trade value...he's a solid roll player, not starter, at best) and Hoffman.  We could try to get something for them because their contracts are up after this year (other than maybe Counsell, I don't know what his contract looks like), but we aren't going to get any future studs for any of them.

Obviously you don't trade Yovanni or Braun, and I would hope that those who were calling for Melvin to trade Prince would be quiet now.  He's literally 50% of our offense.  If we trade that away then not only do we have the worst pitching in the NL but we also have one of, if not the, worst offenses in the NL.  Not to mention he is no longer a power hitter who hits .275-.280, and he's definitely not a defensive liability anymore.  I hope we can somehow sign him to a long term deal, but with Boras his agent I'm not too optimistic.  At least we control him for another year after his 2 year deal is up next year.  If we trade him it better 2 years from now, not this year or next.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #2021 on: July 28, 2009, 12:48:49 PM »
The "you can't see me" motion in awesome...none of that was directed towards the astros. 

The pointing and walking after the hit is prob what got them angry!

He was pointing to his cousin in the first row I guess....but still bush league.  He may get beaned today....as long as he doesn't get hurt, so be it.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #2022 on: July 28, 2009, 12:55:48 PM »
The pointing wasn't tooo bad.  He was pointing to his family who came up to see the game. 

The walking, "you can't see me" motion, and walk around the bases are what is going to get him drilled.

I don't want them to, but I wouldn't blame the Astros for throwing at his head tonight.  That's how baseball works. 

So you're not going to come on here, bitch and moaning about throwing at Braun Soriano because why?

Oh, right. It's baseball, you act like a tard, you will get thrown at.

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #2023 on: July 28, 2009, 12:56:43 PM »
Haha the funny thing is you've already topped that number.  And over the last 24 hours you have 9 posts compared to my 3.  If you're going to try to make fun of how much I post on here you might want to consider how much you do first.  Think about what you're saying before you say it.  But like other people have said, when you do it it's hilarious and sarcastic and in good fun, but when I do it I'm insane and angry and have an obsession with the Cubs.  Hilarious.

As for whether or not the Brewers should become sellers, I wish we had the players worth selling.  At this point yes we could get something for JJ and Cory who need a RF and a SS, but they are worth about as little as they possibly can be right now, so personally I'd like to keep them until the offseason in hopes that they get something going and raise their trade value.  Worst case scenario, they finish off the season as they have played all year and their trade value is the same as it is now.

We could try to trade Cameron, but how many teams want a 36 year old who has 2 months left on his contract?  Same thing with Counsell (even less trade value...he's a solid roll player, not starter, at best) and Hoffman.  We could try to get something for them because their contracts are up after this year (other than maybe Counsell, I don't know what his contract looks like), but we aren't going to get any future studs for any of them.

Obviously you don't trade Yovanni or Braun, and I would hope that those who were calling for Melvin to trade Prince would be quiet now.  He's literally 50% of our offense.  If we trade that away then not only do we have the worst pitching in the NL but we also have one of, if not the, worst offenses in the NL.  Not to mention he is no longer a power hitter who hits .275-.280, and he's definitely not a defensive liability anymore.  I hope we can somehow sign him to a long term deal, but with Boras his agent I'm not too optimistic.  At least we control him for another year after his 2 year deal is up next year.  If we trade him it better 2 years from now, not this year or next.

I haven't posted here in 4 weeks prior to yesterday.  Your Cubs OCD brings you here daily.  Apparently my sarcasm was missed when I was taking a page out of your book by posting meaningless July standings, rankings, etc...I'll stop with that nonsense due to the confusion.

Out of all the players mentioned I would think a team in the race could be interested in Counsell....a veteran with playoff experience that can play multiple positions, knows how to work the count and grind out tough ABs...could be worth a pitching prospect.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 01:08:53 PM by MarquetteFan94 »

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #2024 on: July 28, 2009, 01:11:25 PM »
So you're not going to come on here, bitch and moaning about throwing at Braun Soriano because why?

Oh, right. It's baseball, you act like a tard, you will get thrown at.

Haha I'll never get those poeple back in the day who complained about Dempster throwing at Braun.  He threw high and tight on a ball Braun tried to bunt AND IT HIT HIS BAT!!!!!