collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Baseball Pissing Match  (Read 461363 times)

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
Re: The Official Cubs & Brewers Pissing Match
« Reply #1850 on: July 12, 2009, 07:49:44 PM »
PTM is right.  I meant Rocky IV not VI.

Also here are some gem pictures I took from the bleachers at Miller Park on Saturday:

$200 spent on an authentic jersey that says drunk.  Great purchase dumbass.  Also another guy still has the tag on his hat.

Don't even understand this.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1851 on: July 12, 2009, 09:01:56 PM »

Also here are some gem pictures I took from the bleachers at Miller Park on Saturday:

$200 spent on an authentic jersey that says drunk.  Great purchase dumbass.  Also another guy still has the tag on his hat.

Don't even understand this.
Haha that is pretty ridiculous.  Not to support his purchase at all, but I don't think that is authentic.  Can't tell for sure but I don't see the MLB logo on the top of the back part of the jersey (like the guy to his left with the long sleeve shirt).  That's usually how you can tell a jersey is authentic.  So it was probably $150 (with the personalization).

On another note, one thing I would hope Cubs and Brewers fans can agree on is how damn ugly the Cardinals mustaches are.  They're doing this in the middle of the season while in first place in the division.  Also I would like to see some pictures of Pujols early in his career.  There is no way anybody can convince me that he has not been on steroids.  I would almost go as far as to say he was on them within the last year.  And the fact that he has talked about how "disrespectful" to the game Brewers fans are for untucking their jerseys and WATCHING THEIR HOMERUNS...I've never seen anybody do it as often and as badly as he does!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #1852 on: July 12, 2009, 09:23:23 PM »
On another note, one thing I would hope Cubs and Brewers fans can agree on is how damn ugly the Cardinals mustaches are. 

+1

It's a cold day in hell!

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #1853 on: July 13, 2009, 03:23:42 AM »
Also I would like to see some pictures of Pujols early in his career.  There is no way anybody can convince me that he has not been on steroids.  I would almost go as far as to say he was on them within the last year. 

How about a rookie baseball card?

Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #1854 on: July 13, 2009, 06:51:37 AM »
I'm not pleased with Frank Catalanotto. He was using the 80's song "Your Love" by The Outfield as his entrance music this weekend.

While it is an awesome song it is also the song Gordon Beckham started using when he got called up a month ago. He uses it because he used it his entire career at Georgia.

Frank is just a giant copy cat. Typical Brewers. I also saw the Brewers fans now throw back vistor homeruns.  Wonder where you got that idea? 

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1855 on: July 13, 2009, 06:54:42 AM »
How about a rookie baseball card?

I basically figure that Pujols wakes up in the morning and eats orphan fetuses.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #1856 on: July 13, 2009, 08:24:13 AM »
Typical Brewers. I also saw the Brewers fans now throw back vistor homeruns.  Wonder where you got that idea? 

I bet there are a lot of sore shoulders after their weekend set with the Dodgers.   ;)
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

reinko

• All American
« Reply #1857 on: July 13, 2009, 08:24:31 AM »
I basically figure that Pujols wakes up in the morning and eats orphan fetuses babies.

Fixed.  Pujols makes big bucks, he can afford to eat actual human children.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #1858 on: July 13, 2009, 10:15:35 AM »

$200 spent on an authentic jersey that says drunk.  Great purchase dumbass. 

Maybe "Drunk" is his last name.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1859 on: July 13, 2009, 10:34:04 AM »
I'm not pleased with Frank Catalanotto. He was using the 80's song "Your Love" by The Outfield as his entrance music this weekend.

While it is an awesome song it is also the song Gordon Beckham started using when he got called up a month ago. He uses it because he used it his entire career at Georgia.

Frank is just a giant copy cat. Typical Brewers. I also saw the Brewers fans now throw back vistor homeruns.  Wonder where you got that idea?
Uhh...is this post 1 big joke?  So Frank Catalanotto, the 35 year old who has been in the MLB since Gordon Beckham was 11 YEARS OLD, decided that he wanted to copy a rookie despite not having played at the Cell in his only league in the majors, meaning having never heard his walkup music.  That is what you are saying right now?  Think about that.  There is a TWELVE year difference between the two.  You really think they crossed paths before this year, and Frank heard his walkup music and was so impressed by the guy that he copied his walkup music?  Come on TT, even you're better than that!

And really?!  The Cubs fans are the only ones who throw homerun balls back?!  Wow!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErJm9IQkXFE
I suppose the Phillies are just copying the Cubs too.

Unreal.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

reinko

• All American
« Reply #1860 on: July 13, 2009, 10:34:49 AM »

Also another guy still has the tag on his hat.

Maybe he is just a fan of the 90's hip hop sensation, Kriss Kross?

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #1861 on: July 13, 2009, 11:17:45 AM »
What's with the dude in the bird costume?

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #1862 on: July 13, 2009, 12:07:17 PM »
Uhh...is this post 1 big joke?  So Frank Catalanotto, the 35 year old who has been in the MLB since Gordon Beckham was 11 YEARS OLD, decided that he wanted to copy a rookie despite not having played at the Cell in his only league in the majors, meaning having never heard his walkup music.  That is what you are saying right now?  Think about that.  There is a TWELVE year difference between the two.  You really think they crossed paths before this year, and Frank heard his walkup music and was so impressed by the guy that he copied his walkup music?  Come on TT, even you're better than that!

Yes, this was one of those statements just to start stuff.  Similar to posting the picture of the back of Miller Park or asking why there are two 1982 pennants in the stadium.  But I do think he copied it.  What are the odds two guys would pick the same obscure 80's song?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1863 on: July 13, 2009, 12:32:20 PM »
Yes, this was one of those statements just to start stuff.  Similar to posting the picture of the back of Miller Park or asking why there are two 1982 pennants in the stadium.  But I do think he copied it.  What are the odds two guys would pick the same obscure 80's song?
I don't know.  I will say at least Frank was old enough to appreciate music when this song came out, and it's a pretty popular song, so I really don't understand where you would get the idea that he copied a rookie who there is no reason he has heard his walkup music.  The only time he would have played Beckham is when Beckham was playing at Miller Park, as a visitor (so no walkup music).  When would he hear his music in order for him to copy it?  Just makes no sense to me.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #1864 on: July 13, 2009, 12:34:29 PM »
I don't know.  I will say at least Frank was old enough to appreciate music when this song came out, and it's a pretty popular song, so I really don't understand where you would get the idea that he copied a rookie who there is no reason he has heard his walkup music.  The only time he would have played Beckham is when Beckham was playing at Miller Park, as a visitor (so no walkup music).  When would he hear his music in order for him to copy it?  Just makes no sense to me.

BUt wades, it's a pissing match, not everything needs to make sense.

BTW, have you heard the rumor about Zambrano was caught raping his neighbors dog in a park in Winnetka!  I'm just saying I heard it.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1865 on: July 13, 2009, 01:00:28 PM »
BUt wades, it's a pissing match, not everything needs to make sense.

BTW, have you heard the rumor about Zambrano was caught raping his neighbors dog in a park in Winnetka!  I'm just saying I heard it.

Zambrano does not live in Winnetka.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1866 on: July 13, 2009, 01:14:07 PM »
Zambrano does not live in Winnetka.

I don't see what this has to do with anything.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1867 on: July 13, 2009, 01:16:41 PM »
I don't see what this has to do with anything.

Exactly.

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #1868 on: July 13, 2009, 03:35:25 PM »
If it hasn't already... I think this page solidifies that this thread has "jumped the shark"....

The last few pages of this thread have made my head hurt.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #1869 on: July 13, 2009, 03:37:30 PM »
Dog rapists rarely commit their acts in the towns where they live.  They usually nab the beasts, put them in the trunks of their cars, and transport them to a secluded outpost where they can bang away in relative peace and quiet.  Except for the yelping.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • āœ… Verified Member
« Reply #1870 on: July 13, 2009, 03:48:00 PM »
I have referred this post to the ASPCA.  Have fun trying to explain to the animal police why dog rape is funny.

Good news:  You'll probably end up on Animal Planet
Bad news:  You'll be labled a 'Dog Rape Proponent' on your Grandma's favorite show

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1871 on: July 13, 2009, 04:14:01 PM »
I have referred this post to the ASPCA.  Have fun trying to explain to the animal police why dog rape is funny.

Good news:  You'll probably end up on Animal Planet
Bad news:  You'll be labled a 'Dog Rape Proponent' on your Grandma's favorite show

this is a new development.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #1872 on: July 14, 2009, 07:21:09 AM »
Dog rapists rarely commit their acts in the towns where they live.  They usually nab the beasts, put them in the trunks of their cars, and transport them to a secluded outpost where they can bang away in relative peace and quiet.  Except for the yelping.

Hilarious

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #1873 on: July 14, 2009, 07:26:22 AM »
There is an awesome article on Pujols in the trib. He got tested six times last year and wants to be tested everyday. He is pissed off guys like Sosa and ARod cast doubt on his season.

He doesn't drink or smoke. In the clubhouse he watches video of himself instead of watching tv or playing video games. He even waits for the next elevator if a girl is on it by herself. He gets on teammates for having their jerseys untucked. He must hate the Brewers untuckem celebration!

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1874 on: July 14, 2009, 07:50:54 AM »
There is an awesome article on Pujols in the trib. He got tested six times last year and wants to be tested everyday. He is pissed off guys like Sosa and ARod cast doubt on his season.

He doesn't drink or smoke. In the clubhouse he watches video of himself instead of watching tv or playing video games. He even waits for the next elevator if a girl is on it by herself. He gets on teammates for having their jerseys untucked. He must hate the Brewers untuckem celebration!

He has said as much.

He is actually a star with his head screwed on straight.

feedback