collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Baseball Pissing Match  (Read 461299 times)

NavinRJohnson

• All American
Re: The Official Cubs & Brewers Pissing Match
« Reply #1625 on: June 11, 2009, 01:05:32 PM »

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #1626 on: June 11, 2009, 01:29:25 PM »
Ok, you convinced me.  I apologize for being a fan of a team that has flaws and hasn't won a championship recently.  Some might say by liking the team despite it's flaws, that would make me a good fan.  But you are right.  I should quit on the team because someone thinks that zomborno is a head case, or that our stadium sucks.  
Come on TT i think you need to apologize too.  We should all quit being fans because some guy on the Internet doesn't like our team.  

"ignored as if it didn't happen"  - what are we supposed to do?  Go see a priest?  Flail ourselves?  

And stop telling me what the rest of the nation thinks.  It is blatantly not true.  I've talked to 100's of non-cubs fans about baseball.  After talking about their team about 90% of them will say that they have some level of affection for the cubs.  This may come from the fact that they have lost so much, it may come from them playing in Wrigley but almost everyone i talk to has the cubs in their "list of teams i wouldn't mind seeing win one."
Where are you getting this information from?  I play poker on a weekly basis and shoot the $$$$ with tons of sports fans from accross the country.  I travel to conferences and have to connect to potential clients on a regular basis and sports is one of my goto topics.  And no one, has ever mentioned anything about how the entire nation hates the cubs.  This is something Wisconsin has made up.

You 'accept' that packer fans are this way?  Why 'accept' it.  Why not 'accept' that true 'fans' are that way.  You are supposed to be an unconditional fan.  If you aren't an unconditional fan than you are a fair weather fan or a bandwagon fan.  Those two things are much worse.  Why hate a group of fans because they persist despite losing and flaws?  That is a good quality to have in a fan base, not something packer fans should have to apologize for.

And as for telling me I'm pissed, as Samuel jackson famously didn't say.  I'm not yelling, this is just how i talk.

ps. lance, like i give a crap about IL outside of chicago, but thanks for not denying that you homebodies are afraid to leave you precious state.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1627 on: June 11, 2009, 06:37:49 PM »
I apologize for being a fan of a team that has flaws and hasn't won a championship recently.
Haha biggest understatement of the day.

You're really an angry person Rawdog.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

LON

• All American
« Reply #1628 on: June 11, 2009, 07:05:24 PM »

ps. lance, like i give a crap about IL outside of chicago, but thanks for not denying that you homebodies are afraid to leave you precious state.

First, you don't know me.  And second, I'll be the first to criticize Mke, but if staying here keeps me away from "brahs" like yourself, I am happy to oblige.

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #1629 on: June 11, 2009, 11:15:27 PM »
Rawdog, I bet a decent amount of those who said they had affection for the cubs also had that same feeling for the Red Sox before 2004 for the same reason.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #1630 on: June 12, 2009, 01:33:31 PM »
I'm very happy to start our series vs. the Chubbies today.  Bring the NL on!  Our series vs. Milwaukee made the Brew Crew look like a little league team.. I wonder if the Cubs will fare any better against us.  Probably not. 

GO TWINS!
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.

Moonboots

• Starter
« Reply #1632 on: June 12, 2009, 03:28:02 PM »
I'm very happy to start our series vs. the Chubbies today.  Bring the NL on!  Our series vs. Milwaukee made the Brew Crew look like a little league team.. I wonder if the Cubs will fare any better against us.  Probably not. 

GO TWINS!

Yeah. You guys sure had our number in that series.  Now if you could beat anyone else, THAT would be something.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #1633 on: June 12, 2009, 03:52:01 PM »
http://deadspin.com/5288450/why-your-stadium-sucks-wrigley-field

'Nuff Said

This is actually a WEEKLY feature and they will be featuring EVERY ballpark in the Majors. Miller Park will get its turn too.

'Nuff Said

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #1634 on: June 12, 2009, 04:13:04 PM »
I don't really care what they say about Miller Park, because the bad stuff can't be as bad (and true) as what they had in there about Wrigley.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1635 on: June 12, 2009, 11:18:48 PM »
Milton Bradley played some fantastic defense tonight.  Really worth that huge contract.  Cubs are at .500.  For all of the talk about how the Brewers were 1 step above a little league team and about how embarrassing their pitching rotation is at the beginning of this year it's pretty weird to see them in 1st place.

Meanwhile the Brewers are the only NL Central team to get a win tonight.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 11:20:19 PM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #1636 on: June 13, 2009, 01:49:18 PM »
The Cubs are 3.5 games out of first with A-Ram out and injuries to a number of other players.

I'll take it.

In 2007, at this time we were around 7 games out with no injuries and Rob Bowen was our starting catcher. Fat Giovanni Soto > Peak Shape Rob Bowen. 

I'll definately take this year.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #1637 on: June 13, 2009, 03:27:59 PM »
Yeah. You guys sure had our number in that series.  Now if you could beat anyone else, THAT would be something.

If we could play the NL all year long, we'd be 140-22. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1638 on: June 13, 2009, 04:42:19 PM »
If we could play the NL all year long, we'd be 140-22.
You're one of the dumbest people I've ever come across.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1639 on: June 13, 2009, 04:42:50 PM »
The Cubs are 3.5 games out of first with A-Ram out and injuries to a number of other players.

I'll take it.

In 2007, at this time we were around 7 games out with no injuries and Rob Bowen was our starting catcher. Fat Giovanni Soto > Peak Shape Rob Bowen.  

I'll definately take this year.
I'm glad you're happy with your under .500 team that is in 4th place in the division
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 04:46:07 PM by wadesworld »

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #1640 on: June 13, 2009, 05:12:25 PM »
You're one of the dumbest people I've ever come across.

Thanks, Pat.  By the way, you still owe me.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1641 on: June 13, 2009, 06:15:59 PM »
Thanks, Pat.  By the way, you still owe me.
I owe you?

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #1642 on: June 13, 2009, 09:34:46 PM »
I'm glad you're happy with your under .500 team that is in 4th place in the division

I don't see where I said I'm happy about this season.  There are many things that need to be addressed.

What I said was that I'll take the problems of this year over the problems of 2007 which we overcame.

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #1643 on: June 14, 2009, 06:18:42 PM »
Didn't have the energy to look back for the Braun/Jewish posts.  Thought this was funny.

Rookie left-hander Aaron Poreda (who went to a Jesuit University, University of San Fran) still was glowing Saturday after he struck out three of the six batters he faced Friday night in his major-league debut.

"It was an incredible feeling, like all that nervousness went away as soon as I started running out on the field," said Poreda, who added he received more than a dozen text messages. "I got geared up and gave it everything I had."

Poreda said he had extra motivation before he struck out slugger and fellow Jewish player Ryan Braun.

"I actually thought about that when he was coming up, the battle of the Jews," Poreda laughed. "But he's a great player, amazing, and I was just trying to do my best."
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 06:21:33 PM by SaintPaulWarrior »

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #1644 on: June 15, 2009, 12:31:46 AM »
Upper Deck had a set of Jewish baseball cards not too long ago.  It included:
- Ryan Braun
- Gabe Kapler
- Jason Marquis
- Kevin Youkilis
- Shawn Green
- Brad Ausmus
- Ian Kinsler
- Scott Schoeneweis

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #1645 on: June 15, 2009, 08:44:14 AM »

I'll take it.

I would too. The Cubs are built for sustained success much more than the Brewers are. The injuries have killed them offensively. No doubt they win the Central by 3+ games once they get healthy.

The Brewers will get hot again, but fizzle after that. Just a ton of all or nothing hitters, and when they're cold they can't even make productive outs. Until the mindset changes, they'll never be able to contend for anything beyond a wild card spot.

They've been getting by on smoke and mirrors since Rickie went down, and unfortunately I don't think they'll be able to add an arm and a bat by the deadline. They need both desperately.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #1646 on: June 15, 2009, 09:21:56 AM »
Upper Deck had a set of Jewish baseball cards not too long ago.  It included:
- Ryan Braun
- Gabe Kapler
- Jason Marquis
- Kevin Youkilis
- Shawn Green
- Brad Ausmus
- Ian Kinsler
- Scott Schoeneweis

When's the Catholic set coming out?  Can you imagine the uproar?
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #1647 on: June 15, 2009, 09:32:19 AM »
I would too. The Cubs are built for sustained success much more than the Brewers are. The injuries have killed them offensively. No doubt they win the Central by 3+ games once they get healthy.

The Brewers will get hot again, but fizzle after that. Just a ton of all or nothing hitters, and when they're cold they can't even make productive outs. Until the mindset changes, they'll never be able to contend for anything beyond a wild card spot.

They've been getting by on smoke and mirrors since Rickie went down, and unfortunately I don't think they'll be able to add an arm and a bat by the deadline. They need both desperately.

Hmmm...Cubs are built for sustained success...So when A-Ram returns, D-Lee will stop hitting like a 3rd grade girl?  Milton Bradley will go on a tear to get his batting average up to .250?  Soriano will magically realize that he should bat 2nd or 3rd?

The Cubs don't have a single hitter batting above .285, yet when A-Ram returns, everything will be ok?  

And it is without a doubt the Cubs win the Central by 3+ games?  I will take the field, and gladly wager.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #1648 on: June 15, 2009, 09:53:41 AM »
Hmmm...Cubs are built for sustained success...So when A-Ram returns, D-Lee will stop hitting like a 3rd grade girl?  Milton Bradley will go on a tear to get his batting average up to .250?  Soriano will magically realize that he should bat 2nd or 3rd?

The Cubs don't have a single hitter batting above .285, yet when A-Ram returns, everything will be ok?  

And it is without a doubt the Cubs win the Central by 3+ games?  I will take the field, and gladly wager.

Soriano doesn't get to choose his spot in the order, so I can't see how that's relevant. Ramirez provides some cover for Lee in the lineup, so it's silly to think he won't improve.

Bradley I'll give you. But he has the ability to get hot very quickly.

As a Brewers fan I hope you're right. But I can't see the Cubs lineup staying cold for an entire season. Once they heat up they'll pull away from the pack. Like TT said, it reminds me a lot of 07. Brewers were hot for the first 2 months, then faded. They don't have enough good hitters, and with Manny's meltdown, not enough starting pitching. The bullpen will be fried by August because of it.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #1649 on: June 15, 2009, 10:27:26 AM »

They've been getting by on smoke and mirrors since Rickie went down, and unfortunately I don't think they'll be able to add an arm and a bat by the deadline.

Not sure why you would say that. They have some of the best minor league talent in the league. When GMs are ready to move players, I assure you Doug Melvin is one of the first people they're calling.

If they can acquire a real lead off hitter, the offense will be plenty good. If they can't, I agree, it is gonna be a struggle.

feedback