[Today at 11:42:11 AM]

2025 Bracketology by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 09:46:57 AM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by MUbiz
[Today at 08:06:43 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Lennys Tap
[June 02, 2024, 09:43:52 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Baseball Pissing Match  (Read 461475 times)

dwj

• Walk-On
Re: The Official Cubs & Brewers Pissing Match
« Reply #1600 on: May 29, 2009, 03:43:31 PM »
Quality of the fan was indeed not mentioned.  So let's go straight to the experts to figure that one out...INSIDE EDITION!

http://insideedition.com/news.aspx?storyId=2955

The drunk Brewer girl about halfway through is my favorite.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #1601 on: May 29, 2009, 03:50:54 PM »
Quality of the fan was indeed not mentioned.  So let's go straight to the experts to figure that one out...INSIDE EDITION!

"We saw this guy buy 4 drinks at a time, including the powerful drink called Jägerbombs!"

omg... I can't stop laughing :D

pillardean

• Team Captain
« Reply #1602 on: May 29, 2009, 04:57:51 PM »

DWJ I love ya but I don't think that proves anything.  If I ever get to Wrig' with "The American Dream" and we sit in the bleachers I will bring my camera and see the utter debauchery unfold.  I did not see a Brewer accidentally drink his/her own urine on mistake because they were too drunk and didn't want to get up and pissed in a cup and drank from the piss cup rather than their beer.

It's nothing like Diego where some guy had his ass hanging out of his pants while he backed up into a girl during a lap dance.  Classic  ;D
Marquette University, Spring '08

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #1603 on: May 29, 2009, 06:27:35 PM »

Not sure if this was to bash Brewers fans... but wow, what a shocker, drunk fans at MILLER Park... no crap.

Yup, Wrigley is holier than thou.

And before I never said that Brewer fans are more educated in the game than Cubs fans, but was talking about the difference when the Cubs (or any team for that matter) are in a pennant race compared to when they are not, and the difference in fan base and attention to the game.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

dwj

• Walk-On
« Reply #1604 on: May 29, 2009, 07:44:34 PM »
DWJ I love ya but I don't think that proves anything.  If I ever get to Wrig' with "The American Dream" and we sit in the bleachers I will bring my camera and see the utter debauchery unfold.  I did not see a Brewer accidentally drink his/her own urine on mistake because they were too drunk and didn't want to get up and pissed in a cup and drank from the piss cup rather than their beer.

It's nothing like Diego where some guy had his ass hanging out of his pants while he backed up into a girl during a lap dance.  Classic  ;D

Pretty sad someone drank their own piss.  At least the guy was wise enough to wizz in a cup instead of his pants though, eh? ;D

What I don't get, and maybe someone can figure this out for me, is why Wrigley is such a "party" atmosphere.  As many Brewer fans have pointed out, it is pretty dumpy.  You can go out in the bleachers and drink and...well, watch the game.  There's isn't a guy tumbling down a slide after a home run there, nor is there the brilliance that is the sausage race.  I guess they added the Captain Morgan thing this year, but that's attached on the outside, and probably not as cool as the Friday's there.  And there is no badass jumbotron for a bunch of sweet videos, just that manual operated scoreboard in center.  Plus, tickets are pretty expensive.  Peculiar.

wadesworld

• All American
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #1606 on: May 31, 2009, 10:20:09 PM »
Nice to see the 6,000 or so fans that stuck it out till 10pm to watch the loss tonight.  Sort of remind me of ViQueens fans.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1607 on: May 31, 2009, 11:53:41 PM »
Nice to see the 6,000 or so fans that stuck it out till 10pm to watch the loss tonight.  Sort of remind me of ViQueens fans.
Haha yeah.  I like how just 3 games ago the Brewers were on a "cold streak" and yet they are 5-5 in their last 10, 10 games over .500 and still lead the division.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #1608 on: June 01, 2009, 12:20:20 AM »
I don't really get the argument that there are douchebag drunks in the bleachers at Wrigley.  I'm pretty sure I can find douchebags drunks at any stadium in the majors.

I find it hard to believe that a team
a) in a beer city
b) named the Brewers
c) whose fans drink in the parking lot before games (some of which don't even make it in)
d) who had 7000 fans sign up to piss themselves if the Brewers made the playoffs
has no douchebag drunks.

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #1609 on: June 01, 2009, 09:09:06 AM »
I don't really get the argument that there are douchebag drunks in the bleachers at Wrigley.  I'm pretty sure I can find douchebags drunks at any stadium in the majors.

I find it hard to believe that a team
a) in a beer city
b) named the Brewers
c) whose fans drink in the parking lot before games (some of which don't even make it in)
d) who had 7000 fans sign up to piss themselves if the Brewers made the playoffs
has no douchebag drunks.

TT... I think every Brewer fan will agree with you that we have drunks everywhere in the park.  The point isn't the (hey look at the Wrigley douchebags, oh but Miller Park doesn't have any)... its the Cub fans that come on here chanted about how great their fans are and show pictures, or a video of Brewers fans fighting (with Cubs fans mind you)... and then turn their head when anything is said about the Cubs fans.

It all goes back to my post about on page 30 of this (don't go back to it, because I really don't know what page it is on)... when I talked about the reason why everyone in the world HATES Chicago Cubs fans isn't because we are jealous, or there are a lot of Cubs fans... its because you as fans are completely oblivious to everything that SUCKS about the Cubs... the team, a lot of the fans, the stadium falling apart.  Cubs fans are so oblivious to it that it angers the rest of the world.

If you look at most of the pointless, idiotic arguments that have spawned from this ramble of a thread... they were usually started by a Cubs fan (Soriano vs Braun fielding, fans in the bleachers, etc.)... they get started by a Cubs fan, a Brewers fan will rebuttel the argument, and then ALL HELL breaks loose when the 5 to 7 Cubs fans come on here, make 1 sentence remarks that are so general and far from the truth, and then we get to where we are today.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 09:11:05 AM by Mayor McCheese »
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #1610 on: June 01, 2009, 10:12:21 AM »
If you look at most of the pointless, idiotic arguments that have spawned from this ramble of a thread... they were usually started by a Cubs fan (Soriano vs Braun fielding, fans in the bleachers, etc.)... they get started by a Cubs fan, a Brewers fan will rebuttel the argument, and then ALL HELL breaks loose when the 5 to 7 Cubs fans come on here, make 1 sentence remarks that are so general and far from the truth, and then we get to where we are today.

Might want to double check who started that Soriano/Braun discussion before citing it, unless it was raging all of last year when I wasn't posting here.   :)
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

Moonboots

• Starter
« Reply #1611 on: June 02, 2009, 10:02:44 AM »
HAHAHA CIRCUS!

What about the brewers circus?  I heard the highlights of 2009 include:

1) Braun trying to catch a flyball
2) Bill Hall playing 3rd
3) Rickie Weeks
4) The brewers second attempt at getting a big name closer (because the first one worked out so well)
5) Prince Fielder in an eating contest

I'd just like to draw attention to this attempted bash at the Brewers earlier this year.  For the most part, things have turned out pretty well...

LON

• All American
« Reply #1612 on: June 02, 2009, 10:28:36 AM »
I'd just like to draw attention to this attempted bash at the Brewers earlier this year.  For the most part, things have turned out pretty well...

I gave up on Rickie during last year, and then he totally redeems himself this year and then gets hurt for the season.  He just makes it really hard to like him.

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #1613 on: June 02, 2009, 01:00:58 PM »
The Brewers 2nd attempt at an old big-name closer... yea, I think that worked fine for the Brewers, time will tell though.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #1614 on: June 02, 2009, 01:44:16 PM »
The Brewers 2nd attempt at an old big-name closer... yea, I think that worked fine for the Brewers, time will tell though.

Yeah, it is still early. To this point Trevor Hoffma appears to be every bit the baseball god he has generally been throughout his career. A pitcher that is truly a treat to watch.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1615 on: June 02, 2009, 02:35:42 PM »
I am not sure how Eric Gagne and Trevor Hoffman are even comparable besides the fact that they are both closers that the Brewers have signed as free agents.

they are completely different guys and Trevor Hoffman is superior in every way, except taking steroids.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #1616 on: June 02, 2009, 10:04:44 PM »
Well... this is a pissing match- Who wet the bed more tonight, Manny Parra or the Cubs bullpen?

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #1617 on: June 03, 2009, 08:08:23 AM »
Well... this is a pissing match- Who wet the bed more tonight, Manny Parra or the Cubs bullpen?

I'm pretty sure 1.69 has to be the record for best ERA after 5 career starts without a win, so I'm going with the Cubs' bullpen.
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #1618 on: June 03, 2009, 08:13:03 AM »
Both were bad, and I would say both will also need to be addressed via trade in the near future for either team to have a chance.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #1619 on: June 03, 2009, 08:20:36 AM »

All you Cubs fans can blame me... Got to the bar with a buddy after our softball game, it was the 6th inning I think, and I made the following comment.

"Oh somebody's working on a no-no." Well at least he did for another 2.5 seconds.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #1620 on: June 03, 2009, 12:18:44 PM »
Yeah, it is still early. To this point Trevor Hoffma appears to be every bit the baseball god he has generally been throughout his career. A pitcher that is truly a treat to watch.

At Miller Park I cheer for the opposing team as Brewer losses help the Cubs in the central, but I do cheer for Trevor Hoffman when he comes in.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #1621 on: June 03, 2009, 03:31:14 PM »
At Miller Park I cheer for the opposing team as Brewer losses help the Cubs in the central

You must not have cheered too much lately.   :D
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #1622 on: June 11, 2009, 11:43:21 AM »

It all goes back to my post about on page 30 of this (don't go back to it, because I really don't know what page it is on)... when I talked about the reason why everyone in the world HATES Chicago Cubs fans isn't because we are jealous, or there are a lot of Cubs fans... its because you as fans are completely oblivious to everything that SUCKS about the Cubs... the team, a lot of the fans, the stadium falling apart.  Cubs fans are so oblivious to it that it angers the rest of the world.

What a f'ing joke.  Have you ever read this board.  People from wisconsin hate, bears fans, vikings fans, wisconsin fans, MU fans, pitt fans, lousiville fans, gt fans and every other fan base of any team they play.  And every one has completely legit reasons. 
Like any of you know anything about what goes on in the rest of the country.  I know one person.  ONE! who was born in wisconsin, went to mu, and doesn't still live in wisconsin.  You are all born in some piece of $h!t small town, move to the big bright lights of milwuakee and then stay there.  ANd yet somehow you are all experts on the different people living in regions across the country.  Don't tell me what everyone in the world thinks, the cubs have the 3rd biggest following nation wide.  I meet people from across the country every day and you are dead wrong. 
We are 'oblivious'?  Yeah, we should hate our park and our team, do you even know what it means to be a fan?  pathetic effort.

LON

• All American
« Reply #1623 on: June 11, 2009, 12:05:03 PM »
What a f'ing joke.  Have you ever read this board.  People from wisconsin hate, bears fans, vikings fans, wisconsin fans, MU fans, pitt fans, lousiville fans, gt fans and every other fan base of any team they play.  And every one has completely legit reasons. 
Like any of you know anything about what goes on in the rest of the country.  I know one person.  ONE! who was born in wisconsin, went to mu, and doesn't still live in wisconsin.  You are all born in some piece of $h!t small town, move to the big bright lights of milwuakee and then stay there.  ANd yet somehow you are all experts on the different people living in regions across the country.  Don't tell me what everyone in the world thinks, the cubs have the 3rd biggest following nation wide.  I meet people from across the country every day and you are dead wrong. 
We are 'oblivious'?  Yeah, we should hate our park and our team, do you even know what it means to be a fan?  pathetic effort.

Yeah and outside of Chicago (and nearby areas) Illinois is basically one small POS town as well.  South of Chicago is basically a bunch of goat/sheep-f'ing Missourians.

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #1624 on: June 11, 2009, 12:13:46 PM »
What a f'ing joke.  Have you ever read this board.  People from wisconsin hate, bears fans, vikings fans, wisconsin fans, MU fans, pitt fans, lousiville fans, gt fans and every other fan base of any team they play.  And every one has completely legit reasons.  
Like any of you know anything about what goes on in the rest of the country.  I know one person.  ONE! who was born in wisconsin, went to mu, and doesn't still live in wisconsin.  You are all born in some piece of $h!t small town, move to the big bright lights of milwuakee and then stay there.  ANd yet somehow you are all experts on the different people living in regions across the country.  Don't tell me what everyone in the world thinks, the cubs have the 3rd biggest following nation wide.  I meet people from across the country every day and you are dead wrong.  
We are 'oblivious'?  Yeah, we should hate our park and our team, do you even know what it means to be a fan?  pathetic effort.

Hey buddy... get pissed.

Anyways, I'll explain what I meant by Cubs fans are oblivious.  By oblivious I mean its hilarious how all Cubs fans can talk about is how GREAT their team is, how crap others are, how GREAT of fans they are, how crap others are.  When someone points out a flaw to the Cubs, it is ignored as if it didn't happen.  The reason why the rest of the nation (besides Cubs fans) hate the Cubs, along with their fans, is this idea that Cubs fans have that they might as well be St. Peter guarding the gate to heaven, because they, along with the Cubs are that holy.  This is the same way Packer fans are(I'm one of them, I accept the fact this thought).

Your post also proved my point, so thank you.