[Today at 11:42:11 AM]

2025 Bracketology by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 09:46:57 AM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by MUbiz
[Today at 08:06:43 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Lennys Tap
[June 02, 2024, 09:43:52 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Baseball Pissing Match  (Read 461492 times)

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
Re: The Official Cubs & Brewers Pissing Match
« Reply #1550 on: May 22, 2009, 07:13:12 PM »

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #1551 on: May 22, 2009, 09:17:56 PM »
Oh, sure, it looks bad when you put it all in one place like that.
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

pillardean

• Team Captain
« Reply #1552 on: May 24, 2009, 06:08:59 AM »
Marquette University, Spring '08

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1553 on: May 24, 2009, 05:00:30 PM »
The Scrubbies are REALLY bad.  5 runs in 53 innings (and 2 left in this game).
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wadesworld

• All American
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1555 on: May 25, 2009, 08:10:01 PM »
Ryan Dumpster pulled off a nice Jeff Suppan impression in this past inning.  Walk, single, wild pitch, walk, walk, walk.  2 runs walked in.  Could be 8 straight losses for the Scrubs by the end of the night...

Big hit for Billy Hall today.  Continue to own the Cards, which the Scrubs could not do very well last week.

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #1556 on: May 26, 2009, 11:03:54 AM »
The Cubs look like they are in playoff mode right now.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #1557 on: May 26, 2009, 11:49:13 AM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4204044
HAHA

Bradley said: "Unfortunately, I just think it's a lot of 'Oh, you did this to my colleague,' or 'We're going to get him any time we can,'" Bradley said, according to the Chicago Tribune. "'As soon as he gets two strikes, we're going to call whatever and see what he does. Let's try to ruin Milton Bradley.'

"It's just unfortunate. But I'm going to come out on top. I always do."

And by come out on top, I mean throw temper tantrums, get suspended, bat .198, get more fines, and collect my astounding $10 million a year contract for the next 3 years. 

That contract makes the Gagne one look like a steal.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #1558 on: May 26, 2009, 01:29:19 PM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4204044
HAHA

As a Dodger fan I tried to like Bradley as a player and teammate during his short tenure in Chavez Ravine.  I thought some of his incidents very greatly over hyped. I.E. the slamming the water bottle incident.

But seriously how many teams / cities can a guy make an ass of himself before he stops getting jobs.

Cleveland, Montreal, LA, Oakland, San Diego, Texas, Chicago.  Am I forgetting anyone?
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #1559 on: May 26, 2009, 09:49:03 PM »
I've been away on vacation and yearning to make my return to the pissing.

Going back a page to the Brewer ballhawk, sure the guy has a right to the ball but he clearly was being a dick about it.  It's one thing to ask for a signed bat from the player who hit it, but asking for a Ramirez signed bat and tickets for a Marlins/Brewers game is a bit much.

A few weeks ago 31 year old Bobby Scales made his major league debut for the Cubs and promptly recorded his first basehit.  When the umpire threw the ball to the Cubs dugout the ball hit the warning track in front of the dugout and bounced into the stands.  A guy in the front row realized it was his first major league hit so he tossed it into the dugout.  That's the right way to handle the situation.

And yes, the Cubs have d-bag ballhawks as well.  Especially the guy who wears camo and knocks people down in the bleachers.  The ushers call him Rambo.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1560 on: May 27, 2009, 04:58:51 PM »
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4210359&categoryid=2521705
Yes, Zambrano has cooled down and is in control of his emotions.  What a fool.  Maybe he'll come out and say that umpires have it out to get him but that he'll come out on top.  What a group of head-cases.  "Attitude reflect leadership."  It comes from the top, Sweet Lou.

I was waiting for a Z meltdown.  What's the over/under on the next Scrubs meltdown?

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #1561 on: May 27, 2009, 06:29:39 PM »
Zambrano is a real class act.  He and Milton Bradley should get their own radio show.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #1562 on: May 27, 2009, 09:42:18 PM »
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4210359&categoryid=2521705
Yes, Zambrano has cooled down and is in control of his emotions.  What a fool.  Maybe he'll come out and say that umpires have it out to get him but that he'll come out on top.  What a group of head-cases.  "Attitude reflect leadership."  It comes from the top, Sweet Lou.

I was waiting for a Z meltdown.  What's the over/under on the next Scrubs meltdown?

Man, your Cubs OCD is hilarious.  You're here posting over the holiday weekend (morning, afternoon and night), posting youtube videos and meaningless power rankings with the Brewers ahead of the Cubs in May (congrats again by the way), your avatar, your signature and those relentlessly clever nicknames for the Cubs....more than anything it has become very funny and entertaining to watch/read.  You're the only one that knows for sure, but I bet it's close as to which makes you truly happier; a Brewers win or a Cubs loss.

Note all the BS injury comments/jokes about Weeks from Cubs fans.  With Cryin Braun's  ::) wrist, your pitchers running into each other while fielding batting practice and the fact that the Sewers ::) have lost 5 of 6 one may think you'd have other concerns.....but nope.

The Zambrano thing today was more good theater....funny stuff...the picture on ESPN of Lou laughing while Z is flipping out is classic.  Zambrano is good for about one of these a year....maybe more...guess we'll see....love the emotion.  It's even funnier that the Cards and Sewers ::) are battling it out for that ever critical first place position in May and they lead with the Cubs on ESPN....show Z's meltdown followed by the Cubs answering with 3 runs in the bottom half of the inning to win.  Must be irritating to be in the league's smallest market....although LaRue running to get out of the way of the sausage race was hilarious.

Great to see Jake Fox up from Iowa and contributing right away...the best hitter in the minor leagues deserves a shot.  With injuries/DL stints from Harden, Zambrano, Ramirez, Bradley, Lee and Soto....combined with how awful Soto, Lee, Fontenot and Bradley have been offensively a 23-22 record is acceptable...once everyone is healthy, back from suspensions  ;D and performing at even near expected levels, this team will be fine...although the bullpen needs substantial work....should be a fun race.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #1563 on: May 27, 2009, 10:05:46 PM »
Come on wadesword.  Even you have to appreciate the fact that Zambrano tossed the umpire out of the game.

Zambrano is a stud.

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #1564 on: May 27, 2009, 10:11:06 PM »
Thanks MF94.  It's pretty pathetic that he still thinks scrubbies is funny.  It's like he's a 14 year old from 1979 or something.  And yes, from his posts you'd think the brewers would be running away with the division, not in 2nd.  But i've always argued that was proof that wisconsinites have an inferiority complex.

If you told me Z and ramerez would be on the DL and that soriono, dlee, milton, theriot and soto would all be hitting below 250 I'd have guessed we'd be 8 out, not 4.  Not sure what is wrong with the team but it's not a good idea to let them hang around.

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #1565 on: May 27, 2009, 10:14:17 PM »
Rawdog, I agree with your assessment (disclaimer: Brewers fan) but man, can't you spell your players' names correctly?!

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1566 on: May 28, 2009, 12:11:28 AM »
Come on wadesword.  Even you have to appreciate the fact that Zambrano tossed the umpire out of the game.
If it was original I would agree with you, but I've already seen that one from a minor league umpire.

As for MF94 I stopped reading his post after he complained that I posted on a holiday weekend.  I'm a college student on summer break.  It makes no difference what day of the week it is or what holiday it is.  I spend my time the same way every day...doing nothing.
Thanks MF94.  It's pretty pathetic that he still thinks scrubbies is funny.  It's like he's a 14 year old from 1979 or something.  And yes, from his posts you'd think the brewers would be running away with the division, not in 2nd.  But i've always argued that was proof that wisconsinites have an inferiority complex.

If you told me Z and ramerez would be on the DL and that soriono, dlee, milton, theriot and soto would all be hitting below 250 I'd have guessed we'd be 8 out, not 4.  Not sure what is wrong with the team but it's not a good idea to let them hang around.
Never said Scrubbies was funny.  That's just what they are.  They are scrubs.  And I never said or claimed that the Brewers would run away with the division.  In fact I made it VERY well known that I chose the Cardinals to win the division, and I stick to my prediction.

Yeah, watch out for those Scrubs.  Don't let them hang around or they might get swept in the 1st round again :o.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1567 on: May 28, 2009, 12:13:02 AM »
By the way, I like how not a word was spoken while the Scrubs were on an 8 game losing streak.  Let me guess, it was the holiday weekend and I was the only 1 who wastes my time on here on holiday weekends, right?  8 days is a long time for a weekend.  But now that they have 2 wins in a row, those Scrubs fans are out in full force!  Weird...

Moonboots

• Starter
« Reply #1568 on: May 28, 2009, 12:58:12 AM »
Great to see Jake Fox up from Iowa and contributing right away...the best hitter in the minor leagues deserves a shot.  With injuries/DL stints from Harden, Zambrano, Ramirez, Bradley, Lee and Soto....combined with how awful Soto, Lee, Fontenot and Bradley have been offensively a 23-22 record is acceptable...once everyone is healthy, back from suspensions   and performing at even near expected levels, this team will be fine...although the bullpen needs substantial work....should be a fun race.

If you told me Z and ramerez would be on the DL and that soriono, dlee, milton, theriot and soto would all be hitting below 250 I'd have guessed we'd be 8 out, not 4.  Not sure what is wrong with the team but it's not a good idea to let them hang around.

It's good to know that everything is rainbows and butterflies in Wrigleyville.  Did anyone ever consider that, just maybe, the "expected levels" of performance from Cubs fans might have been a bit high?  I mean, I'm not sure I have the authority to make such an audacious suggestion, seeing as I'm a lowly Brewer fan but... the Cubs might just not be THAT good this year.

Meanwhile, ESPN leads off with a Cubs story because schmucks from all around the nation will mindlessly tune in.  Hey, whatever gets viewers I guess.  So in that sense, it is irritating being in a small market.

Now, Braun is a punk for watching his home runs and eyeing up a guy who threw at his head, but Zambrano is "a stud" and gets a pat on the back for "showing emotion" on a play where the correct call was made? Interesting.

In other news, as wadesworld said, Cubs fans conveniently disappeared during an eight game losing streak, and I still have no replies to my proposed sabermetrics discussion regarding Braun and Soriano (after we've heard over and over in this thread how unintelligent and unknowledgeable Brewers fans are).  What gives?

Oh, and this small market team is cleaning up in early all star voting.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090526&content_id=4960488&vkey=allstar2009&fext=.jsp

Keep up the good work, Brewers fans.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 01:05:40 AM by PXILibero2 »

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #1569 on: May 28, 2009, 08:40:45 AM »

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090526&content_id=4960488&vkey=allstar2009&fext=.jsp

I can't believe Lastings Milledge isn't in the top 15 OF in votes.
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #1570 on: May 28, 2009, 08:41:55 AM »
By the way, I like how not a word was spoken while the Scrubs were on an 8 game losing streak.  Let me guess, it was the holiday weekend and I was the only 1 who wastes my time on here on holiday weekends, right?  8 days is a long time for a weekend.  But now that they have 2 wins in a row, those Scrubs fans are out in full force!  Weird...
What could've possibly been said during the losing streak? Everything that could've gone wrong did and the offense completely vanished....something Sewer  ::) fans may be able to empathize with these days.  If we took your route we would've poked fun at Weeks ending his season striking out complete with video clips, song parodies and clever nicknames.  It's probably best just to keep quiet.

BTW, doesn't a holiday weekend apply to everyone...whether in college or not?  I just think it's funny that anytime anything remotely negative happens related to the Cubs I can come here and there are already 3 posts from you. Obsessed.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 08:59:36 AM by MarquetteFan94 »

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #1571 on: May 28, 2009, 08:56:01 AM »

It's good to know that everything is rainbows and butterflies in Wrigleyville.  Did anyone ever consider that, just maybe, the "expected levels" of performance from Cubs fans might have been a bit high?  I mean, I'm not sure I have the authority to make such an audacious suggestion, seeing as I'm a lowly Brewer fan but... the Cubs might just not be THAT good this year.

Meanwhile, ESPN leads off with a Cubs story because schmucks from all around the nation will mindlessly tune in.  Hey, whatever gets viewers I guess.  So in that sense, it is irritating being in a small market.

Now, Braun is a punk for watching his home runs and eyeing up a guy who threw at his head, but Zambrano is "a stud" and gets a pat on the back for "showing emotion" on a play where the correct call was made? Interesting.

In other news, as wadesworld said, Cubs fans conveniently disappeared during an eight game losing streak, and I still have no replies to my proposed sabermetrics discussion regarding Braun and Soriano (after we've heard over and over in this thread how unintelligent and unknowledgeable Brewers fans are).  What gives?

I didn't read anyone saying that all is well in Wrigleyville...quite the contrary.  Given that state of the team thus far and the way players have performed, I'll take the 23-22 record and hope to continually improve the remainder of the season.  The expected level of performance for this team is pretty clear.  With the roster they had coming out of spring training they were the consensus favorite to win the division.  So far players not living up to repuatation/previous performance levels and injuries have prevented that from happening.  Maybe/hopefully it'll improve, maybe it won't. 

What does Braun's being a punk have to do with Zambrano?

Kudos to you for finding a wealth of fielding statistics that nobody uses showing Braun is a better LF than Soriano (I'm assuming that's what this sabermetrics discussion was about)...guess we can close the book on that one.  That debate was ridiculous anyway.

LON

• All American
« Reply #1572 on: May 28, 2009, 09:20:07 AM »
I didn't read anyone saying that all is well in Wrigleyville...quite the contrary.  Given that state of the team thus far and the way players have performed, I'll take the 23-22 record and hope to continually improve the remainder of the season.  The expected level of performance for this team is pretty clear.  With the roster they had coming out of spring training they were the consensus favorite to win the division.  So far players not living up to repuatation/previous performance levels and injuries have prevented that from happening.  Maybe/hopefully it'll improve, maybe it won't.  

What does Braun's being a punk have to do with Zambrano?

Kudos to you for finding a wealth of fielding statistics that nobody uses showing Braun is a better LF than Soriano (I'm assuming that's what this sabermetrics discussion was about)...guess we can close the book on that one.  That debate was ridiculous anyway.

The results are skewed anyway because Soriano completely takes plays off.

LON

• All American
« Reply #1573 on: May 28, 2009, 09:24:35 AM »
What could've possibly been said during the losing streak? Everything that could've gone wrong did and the offense completely vanished....something Sewer  ::) fans may be able to empathize with these days.  If we took your route we would've poked fun at Weeks ending his season striking out complete with video clips, song parodies and clever nicknames.  It's probably best just to keep quiet.

BTW, doesn't a holiday weekend apply to everyone...whether in college or not?  I just think it's funny that anytime anything remotely negative happens related to the Cubs I can come here and there are already 3 posts from you. Obsessed.

Look at the title of the thread dude, it's a CUBS and BREWERS pissing match...

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #1574 on: May 28, 2009, 09:26:57 AM »
Sorry!ano looked great on that two-base error yesterday.  He looked like Bill Buckner on that little dribbler.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

feedback