[Today at 11:42:11 AM]

2025 Bracketology by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 09:46:57 AM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by MUbiz
[Today at 08:06:43 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Lennys Tap
[June 02, 2024, 09:43:52 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Baseball Pissing Match  (Read 461451 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: The Official Cubs & Brewers Pissing Match
« Reply #1500 on: May 16, 2009, 02:50:49 PM »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

mu ricer22

• Scholarship Player
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #1501 on: May 16, 2009, 04:54:18 PM »
Are you blind or something the cubs are in 2nd place
GTST

MUUWUWM

• All American
« Reply #1502 on: May 16, 2009, 05:03:11 PM »
Just curious....How many years has this thread been going on?

reinko

• All American
« Reply #1503 on: May 16, 2009, 05:22:43 PM »
Hey Ricer, can you read? 

A loyal Cubs supporter predicted and huffed and puffed earlier in this thread about the Brewers finishing in 5th place in the Central this season.

marquette09

• All American
« Reply #1504 on: May 16, 2009, 06:07:33 PM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/standings

5th place?  Weird.

Congrats on being in first place on May 16th and having a 1.5 game lead over the 4th place team in the division.  Why don't you just order your 2009 NL Central Champions hat and shirt now, you could probably get a good deal.

by the way reinko, what do you classify as huffing and puffing?

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #1505 on: May 16, 2009, 06:26:37 PM »
Are you blind or something the cubs are in 2nd place

Typical Cubs fan thinking every post pertains to the Flubs.  (Sorry I have no horse in this race, just love the constant fake names for the Cubs).
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 08:05:44 PM by SaintPaulWarrior »

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #1506 on: May 16, 2009, 08:59:32 PM »

Moonboots

• Starter
« Reply #1507 on: May 16, 2009, 11:00:21 PM »
You know, it's funny... I just took the time to read over the past few pages and there's some really interesting stuff.  Even more interesting now, because the first time I saw all of the complaining about Braun "faking" the bean ball, whether or not there was intent from Dempster, the "hirejimessian" blog entry, ptm and TT's constant bickering about what a pansy Braun is for whining and crying (oh, the irony), all I interpreted was this:

WAHHHHHHHH BRAUN **** ON THE CUBS AGAIN! WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

But now, the second time through, I see some really, really quality posting.  Kudos to all.

Either learn to pitch around him, or even better, actually figure out a way to get him out, and you wouldn't have to deal with it anymore.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 11:02:02 PM by PXILibero2 »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1508 on: May 16, 2009, 11:22:52 PM »

Typical Cubs fan thinking every post pertains to the Flubs.  (Sorry I have no horse in this race, just love the constant fake names for the Cubs).
Hey Ricer, can you read? 

A loyal Cubs supporter predicted and huffed and puffed earlier in this thread about the Brewers finishing in 5th place in the Central this season.
Haha you guys nailed it.
Haha worst post ever. 
I'd take mine over yours.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #1509 on: May 17, 2009, 06:39:31 PM »
by the way reinko, what do you classify as huffing and puffing?

whining and crying like the lil girl you are? (I've missed you brah-seph) No matter how many or few games it is though, 1st place is a lot different than 5th. And right now the brewers have everything Going for em.

as Cubs fans or Brewer fans can we agree on this one thing: That  this guy. Is such a colossal d-bag that upon seeing him at a brewer game he should be cracked in the face by any self respecting fan. To steal as many baseballs as he does, you gotta knock over a few 4 year olds, and he's probably proud of it.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 06:41:26 PM by Ari Gold »

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #1510 on: May 17, 2009, 09:49:37 PM »
whining and crying like the lil girl you are? (I've missed you brah-seph) No matter how many or few games it is though, 1st place is a lot different than 5th. And right now the brewers have everything Going for em.

as Cubs fans or Brewer fans can we agree on this one thing: That  this guy. Is such a colossal d-bag that upon seeing him at a brewer game he should be cracked in the face by any self respecting fan. To steal as many baseballs as he does, you gotta knock over a few 4 year olds, and he's probably proud of it.

You know he's a d-bag because if you click through to his personal blog, you'll see that his profile picture is him leaning over the outfield wall into the field of play, pretending to make a catch.
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #1511 on: May 17, 2009, 11:39:23 PM »
See finally something we can agree on! 

That Brewer fan ballhawk is in fact a d-bag.  Likewise, there is a ballhawk at Wrigley who wears camo pants and is also a large d-bag knocking everyone down in the bleachers.  Must be a ballhawk thing?

EDIT:  Here's the ballhawks side of the story with pics. http://thehappyyoungster.mlblogs.com/archives/2009/05/51309_miller_park.html
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 11:46:25 PM by TallTitan34 »

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1512 on: May 18, 2009, 09:03:14 AM »
Definition of gay?

That Happy Youngster.

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #1513 on: May 18, 2009, 09:29:39 AM »
The Happy Youngster sucks! My friends had a run in with him and his family back in 2001. His dad sucks. His wife looks like an ogre. And he is just a certified POS!

Go Brewers!
But I like to throw handfuls...

Tortuga94

• Walk-On
« Reply #1514 on: May 18, 2009, 12:19:47 PM »
The Happy Youngster may be douche and an A**hole, but that really doesn't matter.  When the ball enters the stand it belongs to whomever catches it.  At that point he has the right to demand whatever he wants for it.  If it is worth more to the player than it is to the happy youngster, then he should pay up for it, if not then let the guy keep the baseball, simple as that and don't complain about having to pay up for it, as no one is forcing you to submit to his demands.

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #1515 on: May 18, 2009, 02:00:34 PM »
The Happy Youngster may be douche and an A**hole, but that really doesn't matter.  When the ball enters the stand it belongs to whomever catches it.  At that point he has the right to demand whatever he wants for it.  If it is worth more to the player than it is to the happy youngster, then he should pay up for it, if not then let the guy keep the baseball, simple as that and don't complain about having to pay up for it, as no one is forcing you to submit to his demands.

Welcome to the board, Happy!

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1516 on: May 18, 2009, 02:14:49 PM »
use of the word ransom implies previous ownership which the player did not have.

it is perfectly appropriate to demand what he wants as a fair price for the ball.

what if you were there to catch Fielder's, Pujol's, or Bond's first homer (or heck, any of Bond's homers)?  Would you just give the ball back?

Now, I am not saying I would have acted like this guy, but I wouldn't have just given up the ball either.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1517 on: May 18, 2009, 04:44:35 PM »

I think it's more the fact that the Happy Youngster was far from a decent human being in the process.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #1518 on: May 18, 2009, 05:55:43 PM »
Agreed ptm, dude like this deserves a throat punch.

It's more about decency really.  Clearly this ball was, and should be important to the player.  The "happy douche", was trying to use this as leverage. Because really this dork lives for these situations, and it finally paid off for him.  Hope he enjoys his bat (that will most likely end up on eBay), and those $9 Marlins tickets.  I'm sure being ridiculed on Deadspin, and boo'ed by Brewer fans next time he hawks a ball was worth it.

Ass.

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #1519 on: May 18, 2009, 06:02:40 PM »

I've caught a few balls before, HR from an opposing player -I threw it back- a foul ball and one tossed into the stands at the end an inning, both of which I gave to lil kids who were too young to really appreciate a game but were happy as hell to chew on a baseball. It's really just a ball. And I hate the "they are millionaires" line as well, that doesn't warrant extortion of a baseball. This is one of those scenarios where a small minority makes the majority look bad. The only way I'd demand anything for a ball was if the player was a colossal asshat (Bonds, Sosa Sheffield etc).

--------------on a whole new note---------
http://blogs.nashvillescene.com/pitw/2009/05/gamel_gone_sounds_top_prospect.php
He was gonna be our DH for the inter league games, but with Rickie Gone for the season maybe we'll try him in the field.

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #1520 on: May 18, 2009, 10:30:50 PM »
http://deadspin.com/5259657/brewers-fans-want-everyone-to-know-they-dont-like-the-happy-youngster-either

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/fish_bytes/2009/05/fan-drives-hard-bargain-for-coghlans-first-home-run-ball.html

http://www.millerparkdrunk.com/fans/the-happy-youngster-is-a-douchebag-who-makes-us-all-look-bad/

The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel's Tom Haudricourt weighs in:

Maybe he should also detail how he held up Geoff Jenkins for his 200th home run ball a few years by demanding Prince Fielder autographed bats, etc. Nothing like holding balls for the highest ransom, huh? He talks about classy moves in his blog. Would you call that a classy move on his part? Why should Geoff Jenkins have to go and ask Prince Fielder to sign stuff so Jenkins can retrieve a milestone homer? If you were a true Brewers fan, wouldn't you make it easy on a player who was the face of the franchise all those years?

Swear to all things Holy... I see this f-stick at a game, I'm gonna punch him the throat.

Maybe he'll off himself, or at least recoil into his parents basement in shame knowing that the world hates him.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1521 on: May 19, 2009, 12:03:21 AM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/clip?id=4176831&categoryid=2521705

Ooops.  #1 Web Gem?  Weird.
And he hasn't committed since 2 season's ago.  I'm not sure how that equates to being the worst defensive player in the MLB like some Scrubs fans like to say (maybe they could look at their own left fielder first...)

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #1522 on: May 19, 2009, 01:39:01 AM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/clip?id=4176831&categoryid=2521705

Ooops.  #1 Web Gem?  Weird.
And he hasn't committed since 2 season's ago.  I'm not sure how that equates to being the worst defensive player in the MLB like some Scrubs fans like to say (maybe they could look at their own left fielder first...)

Can't commit an error on a ball you don't get to.   ;)

And in his first season in a Cubs uni, Soriano had more OF assists than any Cub OF in the previous 50 seasons.
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #1523 on: May 19, 2009, 07:36:43 AM »
And in his first season in a Cubs uni, Soriano had more OF assists than any Cub OF in the previous 50 seasons.

Wow. He must really be a great outfielder.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #1524 on: May 19, 2009, 07:55:22 AM »
http://deadspin.com/5259657/brewers-fans-want-everyone-to-know-they-dont-like-the-happy-youngster-either

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/fish_bytes/2009/05/fan-drives-hard-bargain-for-coghlans-first-home-run-ball.html

http://www.millerparkdrunk.com/fans/the-happy-youngster-is-a-douchebag-who-makes-us-all-look-bad/

The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel's Tom Haudricourt weighs in:

Maybe he should also detail how he held up Geoff Jenkins for his 200th home run ball a few years by demanding Prince Fielder autographed bats, etc. Nothing like holding balls for the highest ransom, huh? He talks about classy moves in his blog. Would you call that a classy move on his part? Why should Geoff Jenkins have to go and ask Prince Fielder to sign stuff so Jenkins can retrieve a milestone homer? If you were a true Brewers fan, wouldn't you make it easy on a player who was the face of the franchise all those years?

Swear to all things Holy... I see this f-stick at a game, I'm gonna punch him the throat.

Maybe he'll off himself, or at least recoil into his parents basement in shame knowing that the world hates him.

The Happy blog no longer has any entries, and all the links are broken.
http://thehappyyoungster.mlblogs.com/

Ass.

feedback