collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Baseball Pissing Match  (Read 461359 times)

robmufan

• All American
Re: The Official Cubs & Brewers Pissing Match
« Reply #1400 on: May 12, 2009, 12:21:14 PM »
Were those the same roids that have ruined Turnbow and Gagne's career?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1401 on: May 12, 2009, 12:30:07 PM »
...because those 2 were the face of our franchise.

In fact, it helps the Brewers that those roids ruined their careers.  They were awful.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

reinko

• All American
« Reply #1402 on: May 12, 2009, 12:30:23 PM »

My B, it wasn't roids that broke Sosa's helmet.  He took too much brain tonic, like Ken Griffey Jr. did on the Simpsons.

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #1403 on: May 12, 2009, 12:32:11 PM »
...because those 2 were the face of our franchise.

In fact, it helps the Brewers that those roids ruined their careers.  They were awful.

I was just simply pointing out that no Brewers fan can rip on the cubs for roids.  The brewers signed Cameron (who served his suspension as a brewer), Gagne, and Turnbow...all after they were part of the steroid scandal

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #1404 on: May 12, 2009, 12:36:54 PM »
That ball clearly hit his bat.  His giant roided out head made the helmet explode.  Truth.

I have to admit, that one did make me laugh.  This thread can change on a dime.  Now we're saying that Gagne's and Turnbow's steroid usage was good because it got rid of them...whereas Sammy's alleged usage (never tested positive, and yes I know better) was bad because he was the face of the Cubs.  Just like McGuire, blah blah blah...here we go with this...can we just cut and paste from 43 pages ago and get back to Braun being a cry ass?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1405 on: May 12, 2009, 12:43:41 PM »
I was just simply pointing out that no Brewers fan can rip on the cubs for roids.  The brewers signed Cameron (who served his suspension as a brewer), Gagne, and Turnbow...all after they were part of the steroid scandal

Fact Check:

Cameron was NOT suspended for steroids... it was amphetimines

Turnbow could always throw hard, he just is a total head case and has no command... explain how steroids can affect your control... please.  His good pitching came AFTER his 2003 positive test... and he never tested positive after.

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #1406 on: May 12, 2009, 12:46:53 PM »
But the fact he tested positive is something Turnbow has over Sosa if we want to go on a FACT basis!

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #1407 on: May 12, 2009, 12:49:10 PM »
Fact Check:

Cameron was NOT suspended for steroids... it was amphetimines

Turnbow could always throw hard, he just is a total head case and has no command... explain how steroids can affect your control... please.  His good pitching came AFTER his 2003 positive test... and he never tested positive after.

Turnbow and Farnsworth should get married.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1408 on: May 12, 2009, 01:00:01 PM »
agreed.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1409 on: May 12, 2009, 06:55:02 PM »
I think those 2 having tested positive is funny.  Everyone knew Gagne was washed up and would not be a good closer.  I always hated Turnbow.  He was awful.

I never said Sammy Sosa took steroids because he was the face of the franchise, I'm just saying that the person who was the face of the Cubs franchise took steroids (and corked his bat), whereas you can bring up 2 players who were absolute garbage for the Brewers that used steroids.

Let's be honest with ourselves here, I would guess that a majority of baseball players in the 90s and early 2000s used steroids.  Let's not kid ourselves and say that only Sammy Sosa, Eric Gagne, and Derrick Turnbow used steroids.  Using steroids was never good, but that's what was going on at the time.  It was accepted, so why wouldn't players do it?

If Braun was as busy crying as you Scrubby fans claim he is then how is he able to nut all over the teams that hit him when he next comes up to bat?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

pillardean

• Team Captain
« Reply #1410 on: May 12, 2009, 10:04:26 PM »
I have to admit, that one did make me laugh.  This thread can change on a dime.  Now we're saying that Gagne's and Turnbow's steroid usage was good because it got rid of them...whereas Sammy's alleged usage (never tested positive, and yes I know better) was bad because he was the face of the Cubs.  Just like McGuire, blah blah blah...here we go with this...can we just cut and paste from 43 pages ago and get back to Braun being a cry ass?

The only whining Braun did was with his bat to the upper deck.

And for the record, Braun is the GREATEST defensive left fielder in this generation! That is an undeniable truth.

If only the Chubs didn't spend all that money on Soriano and his ballerina, queer eye for the straight guy prance every time he catches the ball, sigh, but you are the Chubs.

(Hells Bells shattered Sosa's helmet--that doesn't make any sense, I know and I don't care)
Marquette University, Spring '08

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1411 on: May 13, 2009, 08:13:04 AM »

And for the record, Braun is the GREATEST defensive left fielder in this generation! That is an undeniable truth.

Wow.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #1412 on: May 13, 2009, 09:08:58 AM »
The only whining Braun did was with his bat to the upper deck.

How'd that bat work out for him in the 9th inning on Sunday?

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #1413 on: May 13, 2009, 09:18:46 AM »
Wow.

Yeah...it's probably best to shake your head and let that one go.

Also, I wonder if we should come up with a clever nickname for the Brewers since that's en vogue....Sewers, Skewers, Spewers, Chewers, Fewers, Ewers, Toilets?  Haha, or we can just forget it.  ;)

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #1414 on: May 13, 2009, 09:39:57 AM »
I think those 2 having tested positive is funny.  Everyone knew Gagne was washed up and would not be a good closer.  I always hated Turnbow.  He was awful.

I never said Sammy Sosa took steroids because he was the face of the franchise, I'm just saying that the person who was the face of the Cubs franchise took steroids (and corked his bat), whereas you can bring up 2 players who were absolute garbage for the Brewers that used steroids.

Let's be honest with ourselves here, I would guess that a majority of baseball players in the 90s and early 2000s used steroids.  Let's not kid ourselves and say that only Sammy Sosa, Eric Gagne, and Derrick Turnbow used steroids.  Using steroids was never good, but that's what was going on at the time.  It was accepted, so why wouldn't players do it?

If Braun was as busy crying as you Scrubby fans claim he is then how is he able to nut all over the teams that hit him when he next comes up to bat?

Everybody knew Gagne was washed up but Melvin it appears. 

If that's your view on steroids in baseball (and one that's shared by just about anyone following the sport), then why bring up the 'face of the franchise' thing in the first place...what's the difference then if the majority of players are doing it?  If that's the case then it's probable that the face of the Brewers franchise in '98 was probably doing them too...the only difference is nobody knows who that was.

The first few times I saw Turnbow pitch I remember thinking the Cubs are f*cked, because he had great stuff...then he turned into Farnsworth.

What does Braun's crying have to do with what he does in subsequent at bats?  I would hope that he could put down the tissues long enough to focus on a two minute AB.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #1415 on: May 13, 2009, 10:12:59 AM »
If only the Chubs didn't spend all that money on Soriano and his ballerina, queer eye for the straight guy prance every time he catches the ball, sigh, but you are the Chubs.

When you have people come to the ballpark (and not just for a Doug Melvin bobblehead) you can spend your money.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1416 on: May 13, 2009, 10:19:26 AM »
When you have people come to the ballpark (and not just for a Doug Melvin bobblehead) you can spend your money.

you're right, one of the smallest market teams in the MLB is running at 87% capacity.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseball/2009-04-29-mlb-attendance_N.htm

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #1417 on: May 13, 2009, 10:31:05 AM »
you're right, one of the smallest market teams in the MLB is running at 87% capacity.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseball/2009-04-29-mlb-attendance_N.htm

And that has nothing to do with 6 out of 17 home games being against the Cubs.

Looks like they had less than 70% last night.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1418 on: May 13, 2009, 10:33:14 AM »
And that has nothing to do with 6 out of 17 home games being against the Cubs.

Looks like they had less than 70% last night.

70% on a Tuesday night is bad?

Really?

opening weekend in Milwaukee is going to sell out no matter who they are playing.  I'll give you 3 games against the Cubs, but the opening weekend is a moot point.

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #1419 on: May 13, 2009, 10:45:51 AM »
70% on a Tuesday night is bad?

Really?

opening weekend in Milwaukee is going to sell out no matter who they are playing.  I'll give you 3 games against the Cubs, but the opening weekend is a moot point.

70% was being generous....the Brewers haven't sold out the entire opening weekend in years....until they played the Cubs.  They probably drew pretty well last year for the first weekend but other than that....not even close.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1420 on: May 13, 2009, 11:18:59 AM »
no matter who they played this season they would have sold out opening weekend.

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #1421 on: May 13, 2009, 11:34:36 AM »
ok

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1422 on: May 13, 2009, 12:14:31 PM »
which I can easily claim and have no proof.

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #1423 on: May 13, 2009, 12:21:22 PM »
which I can easily claim and have no proof.

Ha...gotcha...it's not a stretch to think that by any means but guess there's no way of knowing.

LON

• All American
« Reply #1424 on: May 13, 2009, 12:29:09 PM »
Ha...gotcha...it's not a stretch to think that by any means but guess there's no way of knowing.

To guarantee playoff tix I believe you could buy 10/20 packs for this season (which included opening day tix).  I don't think it was known that we would be opening with the Cubs this season.  Therefore, we would have sold out no matter who came for the first series this year.  Milwaukee fans were eager to kick off the baseball season.

feedback