[Today at 11:28:12 AM]

2025 Bracketology by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 09:46:57 AM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by MUbiz
[Today at 08:06:43 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Lennys Tap
[June 02, 2024, 09:43:52 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Baseball Pissing Match  (Read 461440 times)

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
Re: The Official Cubs & Brewers Pissing Match
« Reply #1150 on: April 03, 2009, 01:45:48 PM »
The Prince/Parra altercation was Prince saying to Parra to get the sand out of his vag and quit crying after a bad day.
Estrada was a headcase as well.

I think Calling the Cubs a circus now is because they have players and managers that have reputations for dong it in the past. Prince and Parra aren't established enough to be known for those issues (also they really havent) and Graff/Estrada were too irrelavant to care.

Anyone notice that the crew placed T-GwynnJR on waivers today? I wish he would be able to wear a brewer untiform. He has so much raw tallent/skill

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1151 on: April 03, 2009, 02:00:01 PM »
The Prince/Parra altercation was Prince saying to Parra to get the sand out of his vag and quit crying after a bad day.
Estrada was a headcase as well.

I think Calling the Cubs a circus now is because they have players and managers that have reputations for dong it in the past. Prince and Parra aren't established enough to be known for those issues (also they really havent) and Graff/Estrada were too irrelavant to care.

Anyone notice that the crew placed T-GwynnJR on waivers today? I wish he would be able to wear a brewer untiform. He has so much raw tallent/skill

I fully expect TGJ to be in the Brewers minor league, no one will pick him up. Nor will he ever play meaningful time in the Majors.

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #1152 on: April 03, 2009, 02:40:14 PM »
I fully expect TGJ to be in the Brewers minor league, no one will pick him up. Nor will he ever play meaningful time in the Majors.

hate to say it but +1. I really don't see him as much more than a guy that would come in late to play the field or as a pinch runner.  The raw skill is there and you would think that with a dad like TG he'd have developed a bit more by now.

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #1153 on: April 03, 2009, 02:48:17 PM »

+1

If his last name was Smith or Jones I think he would have been gone quite some time ago.  He plays good defense and has some speed (which makes him a decent candidate for a 4th or 5th outfielder/pinch runner) but he definitely cannot hit for any power whatsoever (even doubles) and has not exhibited any real ability to hit for average even at the AAA level.

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #1154 on: April 03, 2009, 09:46:02 PM »
http://deadspin.com/5197575/a-few-fun-facts-about-the-manatee-cc-win-over-the-pirates

atleast we aren't pirates fans...i hope none of you are pirates fans

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1155 on: April 06, 2009, 11:35:42 AM »
With the Cubs and Red Sox already moving their opening day games back a day because of bad weather, why would any team ever make a new stadium with a retractable roof on it?  What an awful idea.  It's awesome playing in the 34 degree sleet with huge winds, or playing permanently in a dome, even when the weather's perfect.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #1156 on: April 06, 2009, 11:39:26 AM »
With the Cubs and Red Sox already moving their opening day games back a day because of bad weather, why would any team ever make a new stadium with a retractable roof on it?  What an awful idea.  It's awesome playing in the 34 degree sleet with huge winds, or playing permanently in a dome, even when the weather's perfect.

*cough* Cubs are in Houston tonight.
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1157 on: April 06, 2009, 11:43:29 AM »

Love the sarcasm, when is Lambeau getting outfitted for a roof?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1158 on: April 06, 2009, 06:17:15 PM »
*cough* Cubs are in Houston tonight.
Haha yeah you're right, I meant the Sox.  And PTM, baseball is a summer sport, meant to be played in warm weather, not in ice storms.  Football, on the other hand, is a winter sport, with many games played in the snow.  Football in snow?  Not a problem.  Baseball in snow?  Well, move it from Cleveland to Milwaukee, where they have a retractable roof.  But who would want one of those?  Oh yeah, the people calling for all new baseball stadiums being made with retractable roofs, or the others that call for all World Series games being played in a city with the option of a roof so the same World Series game doesn't have to be split up into two different games.

But those retractable roofs are a major failure.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

reinko

• All American
« Reply #1159 on: April 06, 2009, 07:56:06 PM »
At least our ace (if we had one) isn't wishing they implode Miller Park to build a new stadium. 

And what's with his back tracking two days after the fact?  Kind of hard to take to a quote like this out of context.

"You come into a ballpark like this and you see great things," the Cubs ace told the Associated Press before his team's 10-1 exhibition loss at new Yankee Stadium. "You wish that Chicago would build a new stadium for the Cubs," he said.

Surprised he didn't use an interpretor to hide behind like another Cubs hero.   ::)

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #1160 on: April 06, 2009, 08:04:33 PM »
At least our ace (if we had one) isn't wishing they implode Miller Park to build a new stadium. 

And what's with his back tracking two days after the fact?  Kind of hard to take to a quote like this out of context.

"You come into a ballpark like this and you see great things," the Cubs ace told the Associated Press before his team's 10-1 exhibition loss at new Yankee Stadium. "You wish that Chicago would build a new stadium for the Cubs," he said.

Surprised he didn't use an interpretor to hide behind like another Cubs hero.   ::)

The only one flipping out about that are reporters and non-Cubs fans.  Whoop-de-doo, a stadium built in the last 18 months is more spacious than one built 100 years ago.
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #1161 on: April 07, 2009, 09:04:34 AM »
The only one flipping out about that are reporters and non-Cubs fans.  Whoop-de-doo, a stadium built in the last 18 months is more spacious than one built 100 years ago.

Agreed. He'll make plenty of stupid comments this year, but this isn't one of them.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1162 on: April 07, 2009, 09:51:20 AM »
  Oh yeah, the people calling for all new baseball stadiums being made with retractable roofs,

Who exactly is calling for this? Retractable Roofs have become extinct in baseball stadium design.

Cisco Field, Target Field, New Yankee, Citi Field, New Busch, and Nationals Park none of them have retractable roofs. The last retractable roof was Miller Park, opened in 2001. Since then only Target Field has even entertained the idea of installing a retractable roof. If six stadiums have been designed, planned and built since 2001 and not a single one has a retractable roof, I'm going to consider the idea as big as a failure as domes.

Not too mention the retractable roof systems at Miller Park, Safeco Field and Chase Park all have had to be overhauled and/or constantly maintained due to the quality of the system.

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #1163 on: April 07, 2009, 10:26:52 AM »
Who exactly is calling for this? Retractable Roofs have become extinct in baseball stadium design.

Cisco Field, Target Field, New Yankee, Citi Field, New Busch, and Nationals Park none of them have retractable roofs. The last retractable roof was Miller Park, opened in 2001. Since then only Target Field has even entertained the idea of installing a retractable roof. If six stadiums have been designed, planned and built since 2001 and not a single one has a retractable roof, I'm going to consider the idea as big as a failure as domes.

Not too mention the retractable roof systems at Miller Park, Safeco Field and Chase Park all have had to be overhauled and/or constantly maintained due to the quality of the system.
And based on the football stadium in Arizona, apparently retractable fields are the new rage.
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #1164 on: April 07, 2009, 10:30:50 AM »

Tell me you're joking...with the lone exception of Target Field, which as you said entertained the idea, we are talking about NY, St. Louis, Oakland, and Washington DC. None of those places have anywhere near the weather concerns of Milwaukee. Why would they consider retractable roofs? Places like NY are no picnic in early April, but it is much more moderate and they aren't subject to the same extremes places like Milwaukee see

So yes, retractable roof designs are definitely extinct in places that don't need them (or can't get that big a price tag passed (MN).

I had an invitation to go to opening day at Wrigley last year, but politely declined based almost entirely on the fact that it was cold and rainy. Its just not fun. Give me that roof any time.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #1165 on: April 07, 2009, 11:10:16 AM »

My main point was that he was to chicken sh!t to own up to wanting a new stadium, and claimed his point was "taken out of context"

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #1166 on: April 07, 2009, 11:14:33 AM »
Football, on the other hand, is a winter sport, with many games played in the snow. 

Football is a fall sport with very few games played in the snow.  The NFL playoffs are a winter sport for a minority of playoff teams.

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #1167 on: April 07, 2009, 12:34:18 PM »
My main point was that he was to chicken sh!t to own up to wanting a new stadium, and claimed his point was "taken out of context"

Maybe you should've read his quote the next day:

"I think it's my opinion. And sometimes when fans say something about a player, you have to respect it. But I didn't say we should move. I love Wrigley Field. Don't get me wrong. It's a nice ballpark, but if the Cubs think some time, some period, 10 or 20 years from now, if they think about (building) a new ballpark, it should be good."

Pretty controversial.

This thread has taken a million turns but now ripping on ballparks/Wrigley for not having a retractable roof?! 

The Cubs have had exactly 5 games postponed at Wrigley due to weather in the last 5 years...quick math tells me that's about 1 game per season....5 games out of 408 (incl. postseason)...postponed due to weather. 

The Astros (and their retractable roof) had more home games postponed than the Cubs last year due to Hurricane Ike, which of course led to Zambrano throwing the first no hitter in Miller Park's histroy...but I digress.

Sure, it's not as comfortable watching a game in 45 degree weather as it is sitting inside a Friday's but I'll take my chances.  The Cubs will draw regardless of the weather....the Brewers won't....they need the roof.  Even if:  it is closed for 30+ games a year and/or remains closed if there's a 10% chance of showers in Iowa in mid-July causing a sausage induced sweat fest it appears to be a necessity.  Sometimes, well, it just stays closed....like last year's home opener when it was 70 degrees outside in Milwaukee....or, sometimes it just gets stuck open...like in December...at least it happened in the off-season.  The leaking problems seem to be fixed and it seems to be back to functioning automatically...that's good news.

It's important to note that without that roof, they never would've had a chance to host a bowling tournament...something else to consider.....although maybe hosting the Winter Classic at Wrigley could cancel that out...maybe not.  I guess it's a matter of preference.

I wonder it the Rays fans give it to the Red Sox fans for having games postponed too....guess I'll have to check out the Rays/Red Sox Pissing Match.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 12:35:58 PM by MarquetteFan94 »

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #1168 on: April 07, 2009, 01:59:24 PM »
And based on the football stadium in Arizona, apparently retractable fields are the new rage.

Arizona also has the ability to completely remove the field out of the stadium...maybe Miller Park will have something installed next time the PBA is in town!

reinko

• All American
« Reply #1169 on: April 07, 2009, 02:26:17 PM »
Maybe you should've read his quote the next day:

"I think it's my opinion. And sometimes when fans say something about a player, you have to respect it. But I didn't say we should move. I love Wrigley Field. Don't get me wrong. It's a nice ballpark, but if the Cubs think some time, some period, 10 or 20 years from now, if they think about (building) a new ballpark, it should be good."

Pretty controversial.

This thread has taken a million turns but now ripping on ballparks/Wrigley for not having a retractable roof?! 

The Cubs have had exactly 5 games postponed at Wrigley due to weather in the last 5 years...quick math tells me that's about 1 game per season....5 games out of 408 (incl. postseason)...postponed due to weather. 

The Astros (and their retractable roof) had more home games postponed than the Cubs last year due to Hurricane Ike, which of course led to Zambrano throwing the first no hitter in Miller Park's histroy...but I digress.

Sure, it's not as comfortable watching a game in 45 degree weather as it is sitting inside a Friday's but I'll take my chances.  The Cubs will draw regardless of the weather....the Brewers won't....they need the roof.  Even if:  it is closed for 30+ games a year and/or remains closed if there's a 10% chance of showers in Iowa in mid-July causing a sausage induced sweat fest it appears to be a necessity.  Sometimes, well, it just stays closed....like last year's home opener when it was 70 degrees outside in Milwaukee....or, sometimes it just gets stuck open...like in December...at least it happened in the off-season.  The leaking problems seem to be fixed and it seems to be back to functioning automatically...that's good news.

It's important to note that without that roof, they never would've had a chance to host a bowling tournament...something else to consider.....although maybe hosting the Winter Classic at Wrigley could cancel that out...maybe not.  I guess it's a matter of preference.

I wonder it the Rays fans give it to the Red Sox fans for having games postponed too....guess I'll have to check out the Rays/Red Sox Pissing Match.

Oh, how I have missed Marquette94's 800 word diatribes.  This thread is called a pissing match for a reason, so your "fact" based arguments hold no water here sir.  Only close-minded opinions, rumor, and outright lies are fit for pissing matches.

Over/under on the date wadesworlds pisses off some cubs fan here for "taking things too far?" 

I say June 3rd.

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #1170 on: April 07, 2009, 03:30:25 PM »
Oh, how I have missed Marquette94's 800 word diatribes.  This thread is called a pissing match for a reason, so your "fact" based arguments hold no water here sir.  Only close-minded opinions, rumor, and outright lies are fit for pissing matches.

Over/under on the date wadesworlds pisses off some cubs fan here for "taking things too far?" 

I say June 3rd.

Shucks...always nice to be missed...have no fear, I'll be here all season.

"Facts" are actually effective when making a point....give it a shot. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1171 on: April 07, 2009, 04:02:12 PM »
I say June 3rd.
I'll take the under on that 1 ;D

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #1172 on: April 07, 2009, 04:44:45 PM »
Arizona also has the ability to completely remove the field out of the stadium...maybe Miller Park will have something installed next time the PBA is in town!

Maybe Wrigley should have thought of that, seeing as how the field was destroyed by the Winter Classic.

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #1173 on: April 07, 2009, 04:49:13 PM »
Maybe Wrigley should have thought of that, seeing as how the field was destroyed by the Winter Classic.

Yep, and they knew that ahead of time....the NHL paid for the new turf.

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #1174 on: April 07, 2009, 05:04:47 PM »
Yep, and they knew that ahead of time....the NHL paid for the new turf.

I know the NHL paid for it but I thought that was an unintended consequence of the game.

feedback