collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Baseball Pissing Match  (Read 461376 times)

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
Re: The Offical Cubs & Brewers Pissing Match
« Reply #1075 on: September 27, 2008, 12:08:21 AM »
I sure everyone would prefer to rest all the starters but that wouldn't be fair to the Mets.  The Cubs arent playing their starters to stick it to the Brewers.  They are playing them to make it fair for the Mets.  THe Marlins said they would play all of their starters as well.

In a way the Brewers did reap the benefits of the Cubs resting players, however, seeing as the Brewers scored there runs after Dempster was taken out early at 79 pitches through 5.  Lou said before the game Dempster was on a 85 pitch limit.

The only game the Cubs put out an all AAA lineup for the most part was the last game of the Cardinal series which didn't mean anything.

If the Brewers clinch tomorrow, I'd assume both teams will have a half-assed roster Sunday.  Lou said he would like to get Z an inning or two of work though.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1076 on: September 27, 2008, 12:21:06 AM »
I sure everyone would prefer to rest all the starters but that wouldn't be fair to the Mets.  The Cubs arent playing their starters to stick it to the Brewers.  They are playing them to make it fair for the Mets.  THe Marlins said they would play all of their starters as well.

In a way the Brewers did reap the benefits of the Cubs resting players, however, seeing as the Brewers scored there runs after Dempster was taken out early at 79 pitches through 5.  Lou said before the game Dempster was on a 85 pitch limit.

The only game the Cubs put out an all AAA lineup for the most part was the last game of the Cardinal series which didn't mean anything.

If the Brewers clinch tomorrow, I'd assume both teams will have a half-assed roster Sunday.  Lou said he would like to get Z an inning or two of work though.
Understandable.  I would say that the Cubs lineup for the last game of the Mets series was pretty thin as well, with the 3 "star" players on the bench to go along with 2 more everyday players.  I'm not saying the Cubs should sit their starters or that they're screwing the Brewers over by playing them, I'm just curious as to people's opinions.

Also, don't you think if the Cubs and Brewers switched positions (Cubs were playing for their lives, at Wrigley, got a big win over the Brewers when the Mets lost, etc.) Cubs fans would also be making fun of the Brewers fans who made the trip to Wrigley?  We just took a 1 game lead with 2 games to play for a chance to go to the playoffs for the first time in 26 years by beating OUR biggest division rival, whose fans make up almost 1/2 of the crowd at our own home game.  We HAVE to be excited, it's an exciting time for Brewers fans.  We're not just going to sit around and be quiet to Cubs fans when they were able to be loud and obnoxious towards us in the last series in Miller Park.  I wasn't at the game, and I wasn't someone doing that to Cubs fans, and I wouldn't tell Cubs fans they suck because I realize they have a much better approach at the plate (what I believe is what separates them from us mainly, and the bullpen), but was it REALLY that ridiculous for Brewers fans to say something to Cubs fans at this exciting time?  In my opinion it's not, I apologize if it was.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #1077 on: September 27, 2008, 08:19:27 AM »
I wasn't offended or anything. I thought it was hilarious.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #1078 on: September 27, 2008, 08:52:09 AM »
PTM, I know that's you who created the account Dave1982 to portray us Brewer fans in this light. 

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1079 on: September 27, 2008, 08:57:06 AM »
PTM, I know that's you who created the account Dave1982 to portray us Brewer fans in this light. 

Dude. I am hungover as crap right now. I promise it was not me. I would not have had the necessary motorskills to do any such activity.

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #1080 on: September 27, 2008, 09:38:24 AM »
I wasn't offended or anything. I thought it was hilarious.

I'm pretty sure if it was the other way around you would see some pretty ridiculous behavior as well.  Some fans of every team are just plain idiots.

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #1081 on: September 27, 2008, 11:59:10 AM »
I have what I think is a somewhat unique perspective.  I grew up in Rockford, IL (not Chicago!), so I have been a Cubs fan since about 1975.  However, I have an uncle who brainwashed me into being a Packers fan since about 1978.

It has amazed me ever since that there are so many people in Illinois who are level-headed intelligent people during the summer, but are such loud mouth idiots during the winter.  Then again, there are thousands of people in Wisconsin who are brilliant during the winter, but come spring time, I wonder if they are smart enough to tie their shoes.

Don't get me started about the number of people in the state who can be totally cool for three hours a week during the football season when they are dressed in green, but the rest of the time their red sweatshirts and Badger license plates make them complete idiots.

I guess it is just something I have to deal with on my own.  By the way, I will be the guy with the Packers shirt and Cubs hat at the Cubs-Brewers game this afternoon.  I love the looks from people trying to decide if they want to high five me or smack me upside the head.

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #1082 on: September 27, 2008, 07:34:12 PM »
This coming from a guy who said he was "having a hard time caring about the bears season" 3 games in.

correction, i said that the day after the draft.  How do you not try to improve the qb situation?  There is no young promising up and comer and you don't take a shot at either Brennan or Dixon in the 5th round?  That cb we picked up who hasn't played a down yet better be worth it.  We went into a rebuilding year without a plan for the future to rebuild with.  How stupid can you be?

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #1083 on: September 27, 2008, 07:36:04 PM »
Brewer fans crack me up.  After beating the Cubs tonight all we heard is how much the Cubs suck and chants of scoreboard. 

I don't know what makes it funnier.  That 1) the Cubs have clinched a playoff spot 2) the Cubs have clinched home field advantage until the World Series 3) the Cubs are 6-1 at Miller Park now or 4) the Brewers haven't clinched a playoff spot yet.

The usual response was laughter or pointing to the Divison Champion shirt.

is that counting when playing the astros?

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #1084 on: September 27, 2008, 08:50:57 PM »
correction, i said that the day after the draft. 

actually, you said it last sunday night

i don't think brennan nor dixon is going are ever going to be a starting nfl qb, but i agree the bears do need to address that poistion, along with just about every position on offense with the possible exception of rb

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #1085 on: September 27, 2008, 09:42:26 PM »
actually, you said it last sunday night

i don't think brennan nor dixon is going are ever going to be a starting nfl qb, but i agree the bears do need to address that poistion, along with just about every position on offense with the possible exception of rb

well i said it AGAIN last sunday.

Forte the new running back is the best player on O the bears have had since curtis conway.  That says more about the rest of the bears than it does about about him.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #1086 on: September 29, 2008, 07:33:32 PM »
Milwaukee making the playoffs is worse for baseball than Barry Bonds breaking the home run record.  Ratings will plumet across the country.

spartan3186

• All American
« Reply #1087 on: September 29, 2008, 08:49:32 PM »
I think I just vomited a little bit in my mouth

robmufan

• All American
Re: The Official Cubs & Brewers Pissing Match
« Reply #1088 on: March 22, 2009, 06:35:17 PM »
*Bump*

So do we just want to continue this one?  Or start a new one?  ITS BASEBALL SEASON!

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #1089 on: March 22, 2009, 09:13:44 PM »
*Bump*

So do we just want to continue this one?  Or start a new one?  ITS BASEBALL SEASON!

Well done. I say start a new one. Although, are all Brewer fans conceeding the division to the Cubs as I am (barring injuries, etc. of course)?

Still gotta wait 2 weeks though. That sucks. What am I supposed to do...work?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1090 on: March 22, 2009, 09:17:04 PM »
Keep this going...

The Brewers will contend unlike the experts wil prick. Braun is far and above the real deal and will keep the Brewers ahead of the Cards IMO.

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #1091 on: March 22, 2009, 09:43:14 PM »
Keep this going...

The Brewers will contend unlike the experts wil prick. Braun is far and above the real deal and will keep the Brewers ahead of the Cards IMO.

Unless Dice-K throws a fastball past him... you see that crap tonight?

marquette09

• All American
« Reply #1092 on: March 22, 2009, 11:00:38 PM »
Zambrano-  20 win season and CY young this year.  This is the year he controls his emotions and avoids a prolonged slump

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #1093 on: March 23, 2009, 11:34:01 AM »
Zambrano-  20 win season and CY young this year.  This is the year he controls his emotions and avoids a prolonged slump

Again? How many consecutive years is that now?

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #1094 on: March 23, 2009, 01:01:38 PM »
Brewer fans thoughts on yet another closer getting injured?  Too bad they let go of Gagne so soon!!!

reinko

• All American
« Reply #1095 on: March 26, 2009, 11:26:01 AM »
Brewer fans thoughts on yet another closer getting injured?  Too bad they let go of Gagne so soon!!!

Too bad Brewer fans can't make up rock songs about a .265 hitter who routinely spins himself into the ground on strikeouts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dAFlpvz5AM

Looking forward to more racist Fukodome shirts and drunk fat chicks falling into the baskets.

So will 2009 be a year where Cubs fans blame farm animals or dudes in green turtle necks for their collapse??

LON

• All American
« Reply #1096 on: March 26, 2009, 12:53:17 PM »
Keep this going...

If he can stay healthy...

His rib cage is bothering him again (same injury as last year) since he tweaked it at the WBC

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #1097 on: March 26, 2009, 03:45:47 PM »
Too bad Brewer fans can't make up rock songs about a .265 hitter who routinely spins himself into the ground on strikeouts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dAFlpvz5AM

Looking forward to more racist Fukodome shirts and drunk fat chicks falling into the baskets.

So will 2009 be a year where Cubs fans blame farm animals or dudes in green turtle necks for their collapse??

What will the brewers excuse be win they go back to their sub .500 ways?  Looper is not going to be CC, or Ben Sheets. 

And talk about fat chicks, have you seen those cows that come from Wisconsin?

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #1098 on: March 26, 2009, 04:06:30 PM »

09- look I know you are pretty dumb  :P but I think Zambrano has just as likely chances to win the Cy Young as Chris Capuano has.

marquette09

• All American
« Reply #1099 on: March 27, 2009, 12:57:41 AM »
09- look I know you are pretty dumb  :P but I think Zambrano has just as likely chances to win the Cy Young as Chris Capuano has.

Ari, just enjoy the Brewers 5th place finsih this season.  Good luck winning without any pitching.  Sure will be embarassing for you and your crew this year when the Reds finish ahead of you