[Today at 04:18:31 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[Today at 02:09:27 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by barfolomew
[Today at 02:08:20 PM]

2024-25 Outlook by GoldenEagles03
[Today at 01:48:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Baseball Pissing Match  (Read 456783 times)

🏀

• All American
Re: The Offical Cubs & Brewers Pissing Match
« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2008, 01:54:55 AM »
His fielding cost the Brewers just as many games. Their WARP3 stats aren't even close.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2008, 09:25:08 AM »
The funny part is....that 95% of the time these "discussions" are started by Brewers fans....with some stupid:
-"Wrigley is a dump..."
-"Cub fans are idiots..."
-"Even with the Cubs payroll they still suck..."
-"Cub fans only care about getting drunk...."
-blah, blah, blah....same tired BS

Really? There are about 5 pages of posts...an example of a Brewer fan starting these discussions would be nice. I agree on the same tired BS though. You just have it a little bit backwards.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2008, 09:33:31 AM »
The sad part is threads that are started merely discussing baseball related items , a Brewer fan somehow feels they are entitled to say something negative. When in fact, I don't think any Brewer fan can say a single thing negative about the Cubs without looking like jackasses with mud in their faces.

Wow. This is hilarious coming from you. Let me just cite your initial, completely unprovoked responses to Miller Park article posted...

It isn't already? They have restaurants, interactive games, and slides sounds like a wannabe Six Flags for a wannabe fanbase.

You were saying?

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2008, 09:59:05 AM »
When in fact, I don't think any Brewer fan can say a single thing negative about the Cubs without looking like jackasses with mud in their faces.

BTW, this comment makes absolutely no sense. If I say I think its possible the Cubs pitching may be the reason they fall short this year, is that saying something negative about the Cubs? If so, does that make me look like a jackass with mud in my face?

Now, were I to say something negative about Cub fans like you [cough] Wrigley Field A$$ Clown [/cough], I can assure you there is a large contingent of actual Cub fans who would enthusiastically agree with me. I have some experience in this area, as 10-15 years ago I was a 20-25 year old, non-Cub fan, Wrigley Field A$$ Clown, who has long since recovered.

For your own sake, heed the warning signs...

- Have you ever found yourself chanting, Sammy! Sammy! Sammy...?
- Have you ever worn Mardi Gras beads to a Cub game?
- Have you ever thrown garbage on the field from the bleachers?
- Have you ever worn a floppy Cub hat, or worn your hat backwards?
- Have you ever found yourself at the Cubbie Bear, Bernies, etc. after a game, not really sure whether the Cubs won or lost?
- While at a game or watching a game on TV in a bar, have your ever felt the urge, or acted upon the urge to randomly yell out, Cubbies?
- Have you ever referred to Miller Park as Wrigley Field North?
- When at a Cub game at Miller park do you feel the need to make your presence known? To make sure everyone knows you are a Cub fan, and that you're there?

These are just a few. There are others, but don't worry, its never too late to change. When you not only stop doing these things, but notice and are annoyed by those around you doing them, you are an actual Cub fan. Good luck!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 10:01:12 AM by NavinRJohnson »

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2008, 10:05:03 AM »
BTW, this comment makes absolutely no sense. If I say I think its possible the Cubs pitching may be the reason they fall short this year, is that saying something negative about the Cubs? If so, does that make me look like a jackass with mud in my face?

Now, were I to say something negative about Cub fans like you [cough] Wrigley Field A$$ Clown [/cough], I can assure you there is a large contingent of actual Cub fans who would enthusiastically agree with me. I have some experience in this area, as 10-15 years ago I was a 20-25 year old, non-Cub fan, Wrigley Field A$$ Clown, who has long since recovered.

- Have you ever found yourself at the Cubbie Bear, Bernies, etc. after a game, not really sure whether the Cubs won or lost?
- While at a game or watching a game on TV in a bar, have your ever felt the urge, or acted upon the urge to randomly yell out, Cubbies?
- When at a Cub game at Miller park do you feel the need to make your presence known? To make sure everyone knows you are a Cub fan, and that you're there?

These are just a few. There are others, but don't worry, its never too late to change. When you not only stop doing these things, but notice and are annoyed by those around you doing them, you are an actual Cub fan. Good luck!

Don't forget the same pair of white Oakleys that every other guy in the stadium is also wearing.

Take a bow, sir!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 12:35:01 PM by IAmMarquette »

spartan3186

• All American
« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2008, 10:09:44 AM »
His fielding cost the Brewers just as many games. Their WARP3 stats aren't even close.

MVP voting and ROY voting are both the same. They reward excellent offensive seasons rather than excellent defensive seasons. I would disagree his defense cost the Brewers a lot of games... most of the time if he committed an error he followed it up with a long ball. Im just looking at it objectively, as a Cubs fan Braun scare the crap out of me.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #56 on: April 21, 2008, 10:22:22 AM »
I would disagree his defense cost the Brewers a lot of games... most of the time if he committed an error he followed it up with a long ball. Im just looking at it objectively, as a Cubs fan Braun scare the crap out of me.

I disagree. I look at this young season and the fact that the Brewers are winning despite not hitting at all, and I think it is very simply because their defense is appreciably better. I think it did cost them games. Braun to LF will make him a much better player (and he was already very, very good), and Hall to 3B is huge. Even if he "made up for" his errors, its still extra AB's, extra pitches that need to be throwm, runners on, etc. The LF/3B situation, the addition of Cameron, and replacing Estrada with Kendall are going to make a night and day difference for the Brewers.

spartan3186

• All American
« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2008, 11:17:36 AM »
Braun committed 26 errors last year. They came in 23 different games. 21 games he committed 1 error, 1 game he committed 2 errors and 1 game he committed 3 errors.

The Brewers were 12-11 in games in which Braun committed 1 or more errors

of those 11 loses, 3 of them lead to 0 runs being scored

of the remaining loses 5 of them came in games where the Brewers lost by 4 or more runs. In each of these games Braun's error(s) led to no more than 2 runs.

This leaves us with 3 games in which Braun errors directly lead to a Brewer's loss. Yes it can be argued that each error changes the course of the game but Im just arguing that only in 3 games did the error directly cost the Brewers the game. I guarantee his bat won more games than that.

For those interested a run down of Braun's errors and their situations can be found here

http://brewernation.mlblogs.com/archives/2008/01/ryan_brauns_err.html

I can not believe I am going through such great lengths to defend a Brewer while none of the Brewers fans are defending him

🏀

• All American
« Reply #58 on: April 21, 2008, 11:28:05 AM »

No. I hated Sammy as soon as he stopped using Jheri Curl
No.
No, I did think the balls thrown were hilarious. Brennaman was just being a douche.
Not since about sophomore year of high school, but have you been on campus lately? Sure are a lot of kids with their hats on backwards...
No.
No, and I despise 'Cubbies'. Only hot chicks and pre-teens can use the word Cubbies
Yes. If that makes me a douche, looks like your management is as well: http://www.bizjournals.com/milwaukee/stories/2003/10/13/story5.html
Not really. I will stand up and cheer for the Cubs when deemed necessary. I usually go with a fair amount of Brewer fans, and there's no problems. However, it is certain that some 300 pounder will yell something no matter what, completely embarrassing the Brewer fans with me.

It's a pretty solid list, but for the most part your are preaching to the choir. Wrigley douche bags aren't preferred, but they spend their money which does to the team. I can't complain.

On the contrary, let's not paint a picture that every good fan never gets drunk, as a good percentage do. Weren't we all complaining that the student section isn't getting drunk enough?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #59 on: April 21, 2008, 11:32:53 AM »
Braun committed 26 errors last year. They came in 23 different games. 21 games he committed 1 error, 1 game he committed 2 errors and 1 game he committed 3 errors.

The Brewers were 12-11 in games in which Braun committed 1 or more errors

of those 11 loses, 3 of them lead to 0 runs being scored

of the remaining loses 5 of them came in games where the Brewers lost by 4 or more runs. In each of these games Braun's error(s) led to no more than 2 runs.

This leaves us with 3 games in which Braun errors directly lead to a Brewer's loss. Yes it can be argued that each error changes the course of the game but Im just arguing that only in 3 games did the error directly cost the Brewers the game. I guarantee his bat won more games than that.

For those interested a run down of Braun's errors and their situations can be found here

http://brewernation.mlblogs.com/archives/2008/01/ryan_brauns_err.html

I can not believe I am going through such great lengths to defend a Brewer while none of the Brewers fans are defending him

Fair enough. I respect that, and retract that statement. I personally am I supporter of great defensive play of offensive. I believe that award voting should follow the same thought process, but to make baseball appeal they will go with the flashy long balls. So is life.

Tulo had a WARP3 of 11.2. Braun had a WARP3 of 5.2. Speaks volumes to me, but not to those who matter. Tulo also had that awesome unassisted triple play.

More interesting: Neither are having 'decent' years so far. It's early...but sophomore slumps happen.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 11:42:09 AM by marqptm »

🏀

• All American
« Reply #60 on: April 21, 2008, 11:53:45 AM »
TT34 bought a hilarious Cubs book from the Heckler publication. It has the hated Lincoln Park Trixie and Douche Bag Guy in diagram form, I'll ask him for it and scan it up. It's hilarious.

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #61 on: April 21, 2008, 11:56:32 AM »

This is fun....let me try....if you're concerned that you're turning into Floyd the Barber and are intimidated by coming on down to the big city but are hesitant to close down the shop and/or are not quite sure if you're showing the warning signs of being a true, blue Brewers fan....perhaps this list can help...

Have you ever:
-Or has anyone in your immediate family ever worn a foam piece of cheese on your head....proudly.
-Worn a necklace made of beads and mini beer mugs?
-Gone to a Brewers game wearing a home Favre jersey only to return the next time wearing the away Favre jersey because they lost the last time and you're superstitious?
-Left a Brewers game early to take advantage of that free Summerfest stamp you received early that same morning by bringing a lid of Sentry sour cream.....so you can see Crosby, Stills and Nash?
-Referred to the Brewers as the "Brew Crew?"
-Screamed at the top of your lungs at an adult dressed in an 8 foot bratwurst costume after not raising your voice the entire rest of the day....and not being able to name your starting catcher, shortstop or second baseman?
-Sang "Roll Out the Barrel?"
-Ordered Potato Skins at a TGI Friday's in a MLB Ballpark?
-DUI'd half a mile to go play bingo after a game....or gamble?
-Mistakenly asked Geoff Jenkins (you must miss him so much) for his autograph by saying, "Mr. Favre, can you please sign my jersey?"
-Sat inside Miller Park either getting leaked on, wearing your jacket b/c it's 55 degrees "inside" or wearing your blueblockers?
-used modern day technology by texting "Go Pack Go" to be broadcast on the scoreboard during a Brewers game on a September Sunday afternoon?
-Made fun of your buddy for grilling turkey brats on his tandem smokey joes in the parking lot?
-spent an afternoon in the MP parking lot wearing Brewers gear (perhaps a foam replica of Miller Park on your head) without ever thinking of going into the game....while you had tickets in your pocket....it's not a bar mind you, it's a parking lot.
-Paid $1 (or more) to urinate in a plastic barrel/bucket surrounded by a plywood screen b/c the line in the parking lot port-o-lets was too long?
-caught yourself still using the word "brewski" and meaning it
-asked yourself, "why am i always hanging out in a parking lot?"

These are only some of the warning signs......mind you, there isn't too much room left on the Cubs bandwagon....but the season is early and you still have some time to think about it....

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #62 on: April 21, 2008, 12:31:24 PM »

Have you ever:
-Or has anyone in your immediate family ever worn a foam piece of cheese on your head....proudly.
Cheeseheads = Packers. Packers =/= Brewers. Try to stay on topic.
-Worn a necklace made of beads and mini beer mugs?
Nope.
-Gone to a Brewers game wearing a home Favre jersey only to return the next time wearing the away Favre jersey because they lost the last time and you're superstitious?
No, but are you honestly trying to tell me you've never seen a Bears jersey at Wrigley?
-Left a Brewers game early to take advantage of that free Summerfest stamp you received early that same morning by bringing a lid of Sentry sour cream.....so you can see Crosby, Stills and Nash?
No. Summerfest sucks.
-Referred to the Brewers as the "Brew Crew?"
Yes, but I have never at any point, for no reason, screamed BREW CREW!
-Screamed at the top of your lungs at an adult dressed in an 8 foot bratwurst costume after not raising your voice the entire rest of the day....and not being able to name your starting catcher, shortstop or second baseman?
Jason Kendall. JJ Hardy. Rickie Weeks... You've got "Take Me Out to the Ballgame," we've got the Klement's Famous Racing Sausages (go Hot Dog) AND "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" AND....
-Sang "Roll Out the Barrel?"
You're goddamn right I have.
-Ordered Potato Skins at a TGI Friday's in a MLB Ballpark?
No.
-DUI'd half a mile to go play bingo after a game....or gamble?
No.
-Mistakenly asked Geoff Jenkins (you must miss him so much) for his autograph by saying, "Mr. Favre, can you please sign my jersey?"
No.
-Sat inside Miller Park either getting leaked on, wearing your jacket b/c it's 55 degrees "inside" or wearing your blueblockers?
No. Yes. No.
-used modern day technology by texting "Go Pack Go" to be broadcast on the scoreboard during a Brewers game on a September Sunday afternoon?
No. But I have texted "Don't you hate pants?" and it appeared on the board.
-Made fun of your buddy for grilling turkey brats on his tandem smokey joes in the parking lot?
No.
-spent an afternoon in the MP parking lot wearing Brewers gear (perhaps a foam replica of Miller Park on your head) without ever thinking of going into the game....while you had tickets in your pocket....it's not a bar mind you, it's a parking lot.
No.
-Paid $1 (or more) to urinate in a plastic barrel/bucket surrounded by a plywood screen b/c the line in the parking lot port-o-lets was too long?
No.
-caught yourself still using the word "brewski" and meaning it?
"Brewski" is a regional thing? Bullsh!t.
-asked yourself, "why am i always hanging out in a parking lot?"
No.
These are only some of the warning signs......mind you, there isn't too much room left on the Cubs bandwagon....but the season is early and you still have some time to think about it....

You're right. Most Cubs fans are bandwagon.

;D
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 12:38:49 PM by IAmMarquette »

jaybilaswho?

• All American
« Reply #63 on: April 21, 2008, 12:38:55 PM »
The Cubs-Cards rivalry is obviously MUCH deeper than the Cubs-Brewers rivalry. 

Duh!

The cubs vs. cards rivalry is a rivalry because the two teams have a storied past. The breweres vs. cubs is just a demographic rivalry, no more important than the cardinals vs royals rivalry. These demographic rivalries have absolutely nothign to do with how good a team is or is not, but rather whose fans can piss the longest (case in point... this thread).

With that said, as a cardinals fan, I absolutely hate the Cubs. However, some of the games a have ever been to are at Wrigley field. The fans (at least the ones i have sat around) are knowledgeable and as much as they dispise the cardinals as much as i the Cubs, there is a mutual admiration for how competitive our two teams are.

Now, I am going to the brewers vs cubs game tongiht and sitting in left field in full cardinals fan attire. I know for sure that I will be the butt of a few dumbass drunk brewers fans still riding high on last seasons success. I know that as soon as the brewers score their first run, that insults will be hurled my way, only for the cardinals to come back and take the lead within the next two innings. And with certainty, there will be a group of high schools sitting right behind me, drunk off of the 3 beers they chugged in teh parking lot before the game, who will make remark after remark only to be met with correct information from me. At which point they will think i am looking for a fight and they will slowly back off, only to be crushed by my wry look over my shoulder as the cardinals take the lead and win the game.

After this rant... i cannot wait to get to the parking lot and drink before the resumption of the Sud's Series tongiht.

go red birds.

, i cannot wait to get to miller park tonight to watch the resumption of the Suds Series.
"A team should be an extension of a coach's personality. My teams are arrogant and obnoxious." Al McGuire

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #64 on: April 21, 2008, 12:40:11 PM »
Yeah....must be all those attendance records....in spring training and the regular season.

;D

I'm sorry....based on your answers....you must remain a Brewers fan.  Don't worry....the Aaron Rodgers era begins soon enough....keep rollin' out that barrel!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 12:51:47 PM by MarquetteFan94 »

Gwaki

• All American
« Reply #65 on: April 21, 2008, 12:56:52 PM »
GO TWINS!

End of discussion

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #66 on: April 21, 2008, 01:08:15 PM »
Who?
 ;)

Love that clip on your post...literally laughed out loud.

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #67 on: April 21, 2008, 01:29:10 PM »
The American League has won 16 of the last 24 world series.  They have also won 11 of the last 16 world series (thank the expansion teams for 3 of those wins).  The American League has also won 10 of the last 11 all star games with the one non-win coming in the infamous tie game.  They are also 16-3-1 in the last 20. 

Arguing who is going to win 84 games and win the worst division in baseball is pretty funny.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 01:30:41 PM by SaintPaulWarrior »

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #68 on: April 21, 2008, 01:30:45 PM »
I have seen cheeseheads not only at Miller Park but at Wrigley during Brewer games as well.

Also when I said I have nothing against tailgating, that was assuming you actually do enter the park by the first inning.  Otherwise what a joke.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #69 on: April 21, 2008, 01:33:01 PM »
Cheeseheads transcend every sport in Wisconsin. They have become the essence of Wisconsin, and all it took was one piece of foam.

Tailgating provides a reason for Bill Schroeder to say why Miller Park is empty every weekday. "A lot of tailgaters out there still tracking into the ballpark today..."

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #70 on: April 21, 2008, 01:35:49 PM »
Also I saw awhile back someone noted that a Cubs fan (myself) started this thread.  The reason I started it is because I understand there are people who are sick of reading Cubs vs. Brewers propaganda.  As result instead of them having to read it in every Superbar thread they can simply steer clear of this single thread.  

But for those of you who just want to have fun in a pissing match this is the place to go.

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #71 on: April 21, 2008, 01:50:08 PM »
The American League has won 16 of the last 24 world series.  They have also won 11 of the last 16 world series (thank the expansion teams for 3 of those wins).  The American League has also won 10 of the last 11 all star games with the one non-win coming in the infamous tie game.  They are also 16-3-1 in the last 20. 

Arguing who is going to win 84 games and win the worst division in baseball is pretty funny.

Nobody here cares about the American League....let your pitchers hit.

There is one team with a winning record right now in the AL Central.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 01:52:54 PM by MarquetteFan94 »

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #72 on: April 21, 2008, 02:06:52 PM »

I find that a stretch, Nobody?

There is one team with a winning record right now in the AL Central.

I never mentioned the AL Central.

I just thought it was humorous that people were arguing over two teams that are mediocre at best.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #73 on: April 21, 2008, 02:07:10 PM »

What will David Ortiz do then? Just play video games in the clubhouse throughout the whole game instead of just in between at-bats?

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #74 on: April 21, 2008, 02:09:58 PM »
I have seen cheeseheads not only at Miller Park but at Wrigley during Brewer games as well.

Also when I said I have nothing against tailgating, that was assuming you actually do enter the park by the first inning.  Otherwise what a joke.

As a Brewers fan, I'm with you on this one. I love the tailgating, but only BEFORE and AFTER the game.