[April 30, 2024, 11:37:53 PM]

Shaka interview by Jay Bee
[April 30, 2024, 09:36:41 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[April 30, 2024, 04:18:31 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[April 30, 2024, 02:09:27 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Baseball Pissing Match  (Read 456820 times)

muwarrior87

• All American
Re: The Offical Cubs & Brewers Pissing Match
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2008, 10:58:40 PM »
every day on this board makes me more and more happy i'm a brewers fan and not a smug douchebag of a cubs fan

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2008, 11:21:22 PM »
every day on this board makes me more and more happy i'm a brewers fan and not a smug douchebag of a cubs fan

The funny part is....that 95% of the time these "discussions" are started by Brewers fans....with some stupid:
-"Wrigley is a dump..."
-"Cub fans are idiots..."
-"Even with the Cubs payroll they still suck..."
-"Cub fans only care about getting drunk...."
-blah, blah, blah....same tired BS

Truth be told, Cub fans (and the people in Chicago for that matter) could care less about Milwaukee other than looking to see where the no-names are in the standings.....that's it....seriously.  We don't care about your BS, Bed-Bath-and-Beyond Ballpark, the foam-cheese-hat-wearing fat people, the cute and crazy sausage races, the polka, Bernie hanging out in his little playground.....or anything else going on related to the Brewers....period.  It reminds of when we had to defend MU back in the C-USA days to other BCS schools trying to convince them that we were not a mid-major school.  We get it.

The ridiculous, inferiority complex when it comes to Chicago, the Cubs, Wrigley Field, the fans, etc. is so tiresome.

Moonboots

• Starter
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2008, 12:41:48 AM »
MarquetteFan94... I'm about to make my first legitimate response in either of these two Cubs-Brewers threads, and I promise I won't bring up the Packers, so hear me out.  Before I was just playing along with the "pissing match" theme, but this is really how I feel.

The Cubs-Cards rivalry is obviously MUCH deeper than the Cubs-Brewers rivalry.  In fact, many Cubs fans consider us a joke town 90 miles north with lots of available seats for an away series.  From our perspective, we're trying to gain some respect in the NL Central (which we're finally starting to do).  The only way to do that is by winning and making a name for ourselves as a fan base. 

As far as grudges are concerned, I think it's just because we currently have no respect on a nation wide scale.  I don't know if you've noticed, but we're a pretty darn good team this year, or at least have the potential to be.  We start off the year with a GREAT comeback win against a tough divisional opponent, I turn on Sportscenter and Baseball Tonight to catch a bit of Brewers coverage and end up watching a 15 minute analysis of Fukudome's HR swing, with multiple replay angles and Ron Santos' radio call.  Oh yeah, and the Brewers might have won.  It's just frustrating from a Brewer fan's point of view.  If I were more serious about baseball, it would really get on my nerves.  But at this point, it's just a distraction until late summer. 

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2008, 02:26:00 AM »
I respect that PXLibero2.  Excellent post.

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2008, 10:54:07 AM »
the vast majority of cubs/brewers threads have been started by tt bashing the brewers in some way or another. it's a different atmosphere at wrigley and at Miller park.  Tailgating is a completely different experience than going to the bars before the game.  Baseball is not the biggest deal to the state of WI or Milwaukee, which is a small market baseball town compared to the vastly more populated Chicagoland area. Even just the northern suburbs have a larger population than the Metro Milwaukee  area.  it's asinine to say that brewers fans have started most threads. Look at the most recent once and who they've been started by and look at the percentage of bashings done by brewers fans vs cubs fans. it's pretty one sided.

marquette09

• All American
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2008, 11:00:16 AM »
We could always start  bears/ packers pissing match.  ;) Never too early for football talk.

PuertoRicanNightmare

« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2008, 11:07:07 AM »
If it weren't for Bud Selig orchestrating the Brewers switch to the National League -- thereby assuring himself of sellouts for Cub games and about quarter of their season attendance -- the Brewers might be playing in Washington, DC.

Moonboots

• Starter
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2008, 11:09:18 AM »
If it weren't for Bud Selig orchestrating the Brewers switch to the National League -- thereby assuring himself of sellouts for Cub games and about quarter of their season attendance -- the Brewers might be playing in Washington, DC.

That's going a bit overboard.  The Brewers were always an AVERAGE fan base in terms of attendance.  There's no way they were in danger of being moved, and if they were, moving them to the NL so the Cubs could cover a "quarter" ( ::)) of their season attendance wouldn't have saved them.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2008, 11:11:56 AM »
the vast majority of cubs/brewers threads have been started by tt bashing the brewers in some way or another. it's a different atmosphere at wrigley and at Miller park.  Tailgating is a completely different experience than going to the bars before the game.  Baseball is not the biggest deal to the state of WI or Milwaukee, which is a small market baseball town compared to the vastly more populated Chicagoland area. Even just the northern suburbs have a larger population than the Metro Milwaukee  area.  it's asinine to say that brewers fans have started most threads. Look at the most recent once and who they've been started by and look at the percentage of bashings done by brewers fans vs cubs fans. it's pretty one sided.

The sad part is threads that are started merely discussing baseball related items , a Brewer fan somehow feels they are entitled to say something negative. When in fact, I don't think any Brewer fan can say a single thing negative about the Cubs without looking like jackasses with mud in their faces.

I support MLB contraction, Milwaukee clearly doesn't deserve this sport franchise. Nothing has really changed wince 1965, except a 'modern' crapty stadium in place of a old crapty stadium.

Moonboots

• Starter
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2008, 11:57:35 AM »
The sad part is threads that are started merely discussing baseball related items , a Brewer fan somehow feels they are entitled to say something negative. When in fact, I don't think any Brewer fan can say a single thing negative about the Cubs without looking like jackasses with mud in their faces.

I support MLB contraction, Milwaukee clearly doesn't deserve this sport franchise. Nothing has really changed wince 1965, except a 'modern' crapty stadium in place of a old crapty stadium.

Take off your red and blue shaded goggles for a moment and think....

With franchises like the Kansas City Royals around, Milwaukee is far from first on the list of teams to be contracted from the MLB.

In fact, our crappy new stadium doesn't seem so crappy to EVERYONE else. 

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/baseball/mlb/08/31/fvi/index.html

In terms of history and "what have you done for me lately," your Cubbies were fortunate enough to sneak by a young, talented, inexperienced Brewers club last year in the final weeks, then you disappeared from the playoffs before you could say "curse of the billy goat." 

Meanwhile, we come into this year with the reigning NL Rookie of the Year, the youngest player to EVER hit 50 HRs, a new gold glover and consistent bat in centerfield, and a young talented pitching staff (see Gallardo/Parra) who performed well in their outings late last season. 

EVERY major sports network/magazine predicted the Cubs to win the division, sometimes by a large margin.  What prompted this? The addition of the Japanese "wonderchild"?

Central: The Cubs just might win their division by more games than any other team, especially if they add one more bat. The Brewers and Reds can challenge Chicago for a while, but don't have the pitching depth to win. The Cardinals, Astros and Pirates all have a chance to be bad.
- Tom Verducci, SI.com (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/tom_verducci/03/25/picks.explanation/1.html)

SI's baseball preview issue even has us finishing 3rd behind the Reds.  Seriously?

This attitude of superiority is common among many Cubs fans I encounter at Miller Park during Brewers-Cubs series.  But what kind of superiority is it?  We almost find it comical that you feel superior in your century of mediocrity.  Sure, the Brewers have been mediocre for quite awhile.  But we don't live our sports lives through a team who is legendary only for its futility.  We appreciate America's past time for what it means to us.  A time to get together, toss around the baseball or football, have a brew, grill some brats, and support our local boys in the process.  If they win, awesome. If they lose... get 'em tomorrow. It keeps us well occupied and entertained until our REAL season starts in early September.

MUAlum99

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2008, 01:35:51 PM »
PXILibero2 - there you go again, trying to use logic with Cubs fans.   ;)

Great posts...I think what you're saying pretty much sums it up for most Brewers fans I know.  Maybe that's why Cubs fans get so upset at us...they can't believe that we don't live and die by Brewers games.
“These guys in this locker room are all warriors -- every one of them. We ought to change our name back from the Golden Eagles because warriors are what we really are."  - Wesley Matthews

🏀

• All American
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2008, 02:35:01 PM »
That's great. I'm glad to hear that really no one cares about the Brewers because they can only enjoy the Packers. You can admit to being fickle fans, and then move on.

I apologize for enjoying baseball more than football. BTW, I am a Packers fan.

You can't possibly back the NL ROY going to Braun can you? Tulo deserved SO much more.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 02:37:07 PM by marqptm »

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2008, 02:55:59 PM »
As a White Sox fan, I enjoy listening to this pissing match.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2008, 02:56:52 PM »

🏀

• All American
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2008, 02:58:27 PM »
As a White Sox fan, I enjoy listening to this pissing match.

I really like the White Sox chances this year now that Detroit tanked. Swisher was a excellence pick up for KW. With Thome starting to figure it out, the team will be good.

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
But I like to throw handfuls...

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2008, 03:48:54 PM »
This is worse...

Yet this man still won't urinate himself if his team makes the playoffs.

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2008, 03:54:50 PM »

why would you want this great thread to end?  I'll let the brewers fans discuss their closer situation.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2008, 03:59:48 PM »
I missed the end of the Brewer game today.  What happened?  ;D

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2008, 04:05:44 PM »
Yet this man still won't urinate himself if his team makes the playoffs.

He just does it for craps and giggles.
But I like to throw handfuls...

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2008, 05:19:11 PM »
is the word "crap" really scripted out?

Sh!t
crap
crap
crap
$hit

EDIT: crap. It is.

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2008, 05:22:12 PM »
Some of you (cough...ptm...cough) are taking this WAAAYYY too seriously.

Congratulations on beating up on the Pirates these last few days.

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2008, 07:31:16 PM »
Some of you (cough...ptm...cough) are taking this WAAAYYY too seriously.

Congratulations on beating up on the Pirates these last few days.

Hey, they may suck, but you still have to go out there and win the game!  And don't worry, we see them 6 more times in the next month! 

muhoosier260

• All American
« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2008, 11:15:20 PM »
Fandom/cock measuring contests about teams are the dumbest arguments, but they never seem to go away. It doesn't surprise me that all the brewer and cubs dumbasses continue this asinine argument of who sucks more, who is more stupid of a fan base, team, management, etc.

spartan3186

• All American
« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2008, 01:47:31 AM »
That's great. I'm glad to hear that really no one cares about the Brewers because they can only enjoy the Packers. You can admit to being fickle fans, and then move on.

I apologize for enjoying baseball more than football. BTW, I am a Packers fan.

You can't possibly back the NL ROY going to Braun can you? Tulo deserved SO much more.

I am a Cubs fan and i can ABSOLUTELY back the ROY going to Braun.

Braun                Tulo
Games     113                   155
Runs        91                    104
Hits         146                   177
HR           34                    24
RBI          97                    99
AVG        .324                   .291
OPS        1.003                 .838
SB           15                    7

Braun put up better or equal numbers in EVERY catgory (except hits) AND he played in 42 less games. Extrapolate those numbers and its not even close. The only place Tulo has an edge is fielding (granted a very large one) Its not even close, Braun was hands down ROY. He single handedly kept the Brewers in the race.