'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Recruiting and spaces left for this year  (Read 1770 times)

bleedbluegold03

• Starter
  • Ring Out Ahoya!
Recruiting and spaces left for this year
« on: April 16, 2008, 11:13:28 AM »
With both Taylor, Williams, and Christopherson gone we now have two spaces open and a possible three with Trevor leaving as well.

Who do we go out and get?

Will Trevor be here next fall?

Created by the Jamil_toMU09

dwaderoy2004

• All American
Re: Recruiting and spaces left for this year
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 11:21:19 AM »
ALL signs point to Trevor being back .  I don't think we see any other transfers.  It seems that Jimmy Butler is a done deal.  Unless Buzz can pick up an immediate contributor in the post, i say bank it and use it for 2009.  With more time, Buzz should be able to recruit a better player than is available right now.

dwaderoy2004

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 11:25:45 AM »
Just looked at the scolarship table.  IF tyshawn is released and we bank the schollie, we'll have a five deep recruiting class in 09.  Maybe Buzz can bring in a "fab five"...except maybe not with the recruiting violations associated with the last one.

PG: Lacy
SG: Creek
SF: Williams
PF: Wilson
C: ANYONE 6'10'' +

wouldn;t that be something...

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 11:33:44 AM »
I be surprised with the loss of Taylor that we are in the running for Creek anymore. Next year's results are crtical to Buzz, so I say use the schole this year on anyone who can have a positive impact on next season.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2008, 11:37:57 AM »
If we lose Taylor, why are we not in the running for Maurice Creek?  Taylor is PG and Creek is an SG.  Taylor is from NJ and goes to school there.  Creek is from Maryland and goes to school in Conn.  Don't see any relationships between the two. 

Creek still is interested and would be a great asset.

MUONTOP

• Starter
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2008, 11:38:34 AM »
I think Wilson is a harder commit than most of us realize...Crean was a huge part of his recruitment and most of that ground gained is now at Indiana.  Theres a lot of time before he makes his decision so hopefully Buzz can get to work.

MUONTOP

• Starter
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2008, 11:40:13 AM »
I be surprised with the loss of Taylor that we are in the running for Creek anymore. Next year's results are crtical to Buzz, so I say use the schole this year on anyone who can have a positive impact on next season.

I think your confusing Moarice Creek with Dominic Cheek who is a teammate of TT.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2008, 11:41:37 AM »
If Butler takes one, try to land a solid big-man prospect (Ben-Eze?) with the other. Even assuming Trevor stays, MU could still be thin up front with Otule and Hazel unknowns (and the latter probably a terrible matchup against most of the 5s in the Big East).
If that doesn't happen, however, bank the scholie for next year and hope the Dwight/Trevor combo is good enough.

Next year's potential lineup:

1: James, Acker, Cubie
2: McNeal, Cubie, Butler
3: Matthews, Butler
4: Hayward, Fulce, Hazel
5. Burke, Mbakwe, Otule

dwaderoy2004

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2008, 11:50:15 AM »
I think me and you Pakuni are on the same page.  And in no way was I suggesting that is a sure thing, or even close.  Hell, that would probably be the best recruiting class in the country if we landed it.  I think landing even 1 of Lacy, Creek and Wilson would be surprisingm and Wilson would be our biggest recruit since I was born.  Wishful thinking for sure, but let's see what you can do Buzz...

nyg

• All American
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2008, 12:04:32 PM »
A class like that would be the best MU ever had.  The race for best class of 2009 is probably already over.  North Carolina already has verbals from four players in the top 30 to include:

Dexter Strickland, John Henson or Harris and the two 6 ft 9 Wear twins from Calf.     
                                                                                                     They also received a verbal from Kendall Marshall, the highest rated PG from 2010.   

feedback