[June 10, 2024, 10:30:14 PM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[June 10, 2024, 06:17:14 PM]

Lakers Going After Hurley by Uncle Rico
[June 10, 2024, 05:59:32 PM]

President Lovell Passes Away by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[June 10, 2024, 03:28:57 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Note to average Marquette fan  (Read 4521 times)

Detfan23

• Starter
Note to average Marquette fan
« on: April 15, 2008, 12:28:22 PM »
Stop your bitching and shut the hell up.  The decision has been made, it is time to support the program.

That is all.

tower912

• All American
Re: Note to average Marquette fan
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 12:31:44 PM »
alleluia
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 12:32:22 PM »
Stop your bitching and shut the hell up.  The decision has been made, it is time to support the program.

That is all.

Umm...no.  :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D

BY the way, most of us support the program but not the decisions made.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 12:35:38 PM by Chili »
But I like to throw handfuls...

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 12:32:51 PM »

That is all.

The Ministry of Truth asks that the citizens of Oceania unite.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2008, 12:41:33 PM »
amen, detfan.

SoCalwarrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2008, 12:54:24 PM »

That is all.

Seriously, it's an MU basketball message board.  If you want seashells and balloons, I'm sure there is another venue out there that will give you the warm fuzzies.  If you're a half full kind of guy then please, refute a negative post with a positive one.  But starting a thread to rip those that don't share your rosy outlook is hypocritical and counter productive.

That is all.  ;)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2008, 02:18:18 PM »

That is all.

People that question the administration are not supporting the basketball program...really?  Wow.

I guess many of us can save some donation money if that's the case...who knew.  And to think this was a message board to talk about MU basketball, etc.  Now we're into "how big a fan" is.   ::)

That's what I tell my political friends....stop your bitching, the decision has been made, support X, Y, Z decison..  It goes over pretty well there with that same logic as well.   ;)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 03:14:42 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

MUinOH

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2008, 03:07:54 PM »
Note to average Marquette fan

There are no "average" Marquette fans here!!!    ;D

MUSF

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2008, 03:14:36 PM »
If you didn't want to hear us bitch, then you wouldn't start a thread like this.

P.S. It's okay to question authority once in a while. Unless of course the rumors of Fr. Wild's secret prison in Peshtigo are true. In that case... I love MU and every decision they have ever made. Can we bring Gold back? Can we get Deane back?

Coobeys Oil Depot

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2008, 03:51:42 PM »

That is all.

Seriously, it's an MU basketball message board.  If you want seashells and balloons, I'm sure there is another venue out there that will give you the warm fuzzies.  If you're a half full kind of guy then please, refute a negative post with a positive one.  But starting a thread to rip those that don't share your rosy outlook is hypocritical and counter productive.

That is all.  ;)

+1

Well said. If people don't point out the other side of the issue, then it becomes a cult. That's no fun.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2008, 04:03:54 PM »
The Jebbies taught us to challenge things, think critically, don't accept the status quo.

MUinCO

• Starter
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2008, 04:04:48 PM »

That is all.

Good luck finding your own "happy world" forum. 

Chicago_inferiority_complexes

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2008, 09:42:03 PM »
That may be perhaps the most quintessential post to describe the Marquette experience. "Shut up and get in line."

MUteamball98

• Walk-On
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2008, 10:21:09 PM »
I don't think most mind the disagreement with the decision, the passion by the fans, and the overall excitement for the team.  It is simply the fact that some seem to provide nothing but negativity about the program.  We get it that you don't like the decision of the coaching hiring.  We got it the first time it was said, the second time, the third time.........the 99th time... 

Just doesn't seem to add much to the boards to say the same thing over and over. 

MUSF

• All American
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2008, 10:54:56 PM »
I don't think most mind the disagreement with the decision, the passion by the fans, and the overall excitement for the team.  It is simply the fact that some seem to provide nothing but negativity about the program.  We get it that you don't like the decision of the coaching hiring.  We got it the first time it was said, the second time, the third time.........the 99th time... 

Just doesn't seem to add much to the boards to say the same thing over and over. 

Then why start a thread with, "quit bitching?"

Where did you expect this to go? What does this add to the boards?

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2008, 11:11:03 PM »

We get it that you drank the Kool-Ade.  We get it that you accept whatever crap they hand you.  We got it the first time, the second time, the third time....
You still can't justify the decision to hire a hc with a minimal, mediocre record.  Buzz was the BEST we could do?  Sad.

mviale

• All American
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2008, 11:17:19 PM »
skip that comment about a Jesuit education.
You heard it here first. Davante Gardner will be a Beast this year.
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=27259

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2008, 07:09:49 AM »
Mr. Muskie:
You sound like a poor victim.  Guess in life there are prey and predators.  Guess you can choose which one you want to be.  Being a muskie (fish) you should understand that.

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2008, 07:40:29 AM »
The Jebbies taught us to challenge things, think critically, don't accept the status quo.

Yeah, but don't challenge them....(Warriors)

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2008, 07:49:48 AM »
Mr. Muskie:
You sound like a poor victim.  Guess in life there are prey and predators.  Guess you can choose which one you want to be.  Being a muskie (fish) you should understand that.

Yep, and the muskie is at the top of the food chain, i.e. #1 predator in it's environment.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2008, 08:29:25 AM »
I heard that if there are 100 separate threads questioning the Buzz hire that Al McGuire will come back and "Zombie Al" will coach MU to a National Title.

60 Threads and counting...

C'mon boys...

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2008, 09:39:29 AM »
I heard that if there are 100 separate threads questioning the Buzz hire that Al McGuire will come back and "Zombie Al" will coach MU to a National Title.

C'mon boys...

and in the last 3 days it has been the pro-choice crowd (snicker) that has been starting most of them by calling out the we-think-the-administration-rushed-into-things-and-needed-to-put-more-effort-into-evaluating-outside-options crowd.  This post is a perfect example. 

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2008, 09:48:04 AM »

C'mon boys...

and in the last 3 days it has been the pro-choice crowd (snicker) that has been starting most of them by calling out the we-think-the-administration-rushed-into-things-and-needed-to-put-more-effort-into-evaluating-outside-options crowd.  This post is a perfect example. 

Well, let's just be honest, it's hypocritical from all angles.

People bitch and moan about the hire... then some people bitch and moan about people bitching... then people bitch about the fans that are bitching about the fans.

I have no problems with people questioning the hire... I'm as nervous as everybody else.

But, if everybody is into "challenging the University" because it's what we were taught to do, can't I challenge some posters to actually provide something insightful about the Buzz hiring rather than "look who providence got", or "I don't like Buzz's resume", or "I don't like the process"?

(For examples see Henry Sugar or Pardners exchange in another thread... some good stuff in there)

I'm not here to pass judgment on people's passion for MU or their opinion... but it does get tiresome to read the same opinions over and over again.

Let's let some more facts come to light (who is buzz recruiting, what are the players saying, Fr. Wild's opinion, etc.) before we keep saying we don't like the hire.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 09:54:42 AM by 2002mualum »