'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Board Note about Coach Hurley  (Read 4702 times)

jce

Re: Board Note about Coach Hurley
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2008, 11:49:32 AM »
I posted this on the other board, so apologies if I'm being redundant. 

Normally I'm for letting the recruits out of their LOI when a head coach leaves before they get to school.  But this one is a little dicey.  TT has repeatedly said that he had a better relationship with Buzz and would come to Marquette if Williams was the head coach.  Now Hurley is being a jag and pushing MU to let TT visit other schools.  Nick Williams flat out said he didn't want to come here after Crean left and was decisive about it.  Fine I respect that, Buzz really didn't recruit him and it's not fair that NW is put in a situation he doesn't want to be in.  But this "maybe" attitude by Hurley and Taylor is bs.  They're trying to use Crean leaving, and the fact that Taylor's stock rose drastically from the start of his senior year to the end, as leverage to get Taylor into a bigger name school that didn't offer him a scholarship originally.  And if they don't offer him one now well then we'll come back to you Marquette.  So I say in Taylor's case, you signed the LOI we're holding you to it.  See you in Milwaukee TT.  He has a great opportunity to start his sophomore year and if he ends up doing well, then all will be forgiven with Hurley and the relationship restored.

No way.  If TT really doesn't want to be here, it does no one really any good to have him here.  For instance, if I hired someone who signed a contract, and before he even started here called me and said "You know, I've been thinking about this and I really don't want to move," I would let him out of the deal.

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2008, 11:50:15 AM »
Yep agreed.  Burn no bridges.  We may need to cross that way again . . . soon.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2008, 03:07:23 PM »
Vulgar criticism of Tom Crean is okie dokie, though.   :-X

That's enough for me.  ;)
SS Marquette

MUPig

• Walk-On
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2008, 03:23:01 PM »
Hmmm.....maybe we should have just hired Hurley instead!  (Just kidding)

feedback