[June 12, 2024, 08:32:41 PM]

New Assistant Coach by Skatastrophy
[June 12, 2024, 08:04:46 PM]

What do Wisconsinites call people from Illinois? by tower912
[June 12, 2024, 07:47:59 PM]

Hurley staying! by Plaque Lives Matter!
[June 12, 2024, 04:20:57 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Question for the Buzz detractors.....  (Read 3014 times)

muguru

• All American
Question for the Buzz detractors.....
« on: April 12, 2008, 10:56:21 AM »
What will you be saying when he's CONSISTENTLY bringing in top 10-20 recruiting classes??

What if he gets Tyshawn Taylor to stay??

What if he lands Jamil Wilson??(i'm sure he'll get no credit for this one as many will say he's from Racine, he was going to MU anyway).

Point is, the players that he will be coaching have complete confidence in him, especially the leader of the team(DJ), why shouldn't we as fans?? The man deserves a chance doesn't he??
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Untucked

• Scholarship Player
Re: Question for the Buzz detractors.....
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 10:59:41 AM »
I agree. Fine, we get it, you didn't like the hire. Isn't it time to move on and focus on the positives?
Q: What's the difference between Bo Ryan and God?
A: God doesn't think he's Bo Ryan!!

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 11:11:03 AM »
I suggest, since its not changing anytime soon, that posters quit bashing the coach until such time comes that he proves incapable or the like.
Give the man a fair shake and chance to prove himself as everyone must start somewhere. We will all know soon enough whether this was the greatest heist since the Great Train Robbery or whether MU made this selection with their collective heads so far up their heines that they never see the light of day again.
I am willing to give Buzz his chance. It was never his fault that he was hired.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

THEGYMBAR

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2008, 11:15:07 AM »
MUGURU---getting Jamil Wilson would be great for Buzz. I would say it was all because of him, not any other reason.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2008, 11:20:25 AM »
I don't think anyone is bashing the coach...I don't see anyone that doesn't want him to succeed.  Landing Wilson and Taylor would be incredible.

People are frustrated by the process.  It's just a cathartic period at this point for some of us.  I can't imagine people aren't going to give the man a fair shake.  Next season we will be a top 25 team most likely, depending if Buzz can keep Trevor or not.  Fulce sounds like an interesting player, perhaps in an Eford mold.  I don't expect anything out of Otule next year, big men are raw especially freshmen.   Taylor would be huge and I hope like hell Buzz can get him.  If he doesn't, I do NOT blame Buzz.

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2008, 11:36:20 AM »
NO ONE IS BASHING BUZZ YOU FLIPPING IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some of us just don't think he is right hire.
But I like to throw handfuls...

THEGYMBAR

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2008, 11:41:27 AM »
I am confused on why anyone is against Buzz. I was one of the more outspoken about the Buzz hire, but it never was against Buzz. I question, and still question, the adminstration/BOT on their decision. But there is no way anyone can hold Buzz responsible.

You can question the school and their decisions. They have made mistakes before and that opens them up to a critical eye.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2008, 11:52:46 AM »
Time to forget about the past and rally around the program.  All the negative talk here is simply unbecoming of what is supposed to be a Marquette board.  If some posters want to continually gripe, maybe they should go elsewhere.  These posts certainly are not productive.  Move on people.  WE Are Marquette.  ( By the way, there were several very moving We Are Marquette chants at the awards banquet ...too bad they were not captured for viewing here as the true MU backers showed their love Thursday night ).

Chili

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2008, 12:01:54 PM »
Time to forget about the past and rally around the program.  All the negative talk here is simply unbecoming of what is supposed to be a Marquette board.  If some posters want to continually gripe, maybe they should go elsewhere.  These posts certainly are not productive.  Move on people.  WE Are Marquette.  ( By the way, there were several very moving We Are Marquette chants at the awards banquet ...too bad they were not captured for viewing here as the true MU backers showed their love Thursday night ).

Huh, I was slated to go and purchased a ticket but couldn't make it at the last moment due to something that came up.

LON

• All American
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2008, 12:11:20 PM »
Yeah, I mean, Cura Personalis people!

Coobeys Oil Depot

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2008, 03:42:02 PM »

This stuff never gets old.

You're a better MU fan then I am because you had the time to go to a dinner party. Pfft.

Chili

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2008, 03:45:17 PM »

This stuff never gets old.

You're a better MU fan then I am because you had the time to go to a dinner party. Pfft.

My thoughts exactly. My fandom is bigger than your fandom.

mviale

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2008, 03:49:12 PM »
Fans - He is our SOB, so get behind him and lets see what happens.  Crying about the process is such a waste of time at this point in time.
You heard it here first. Davante Gardner will be a Beast this year.
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=27259

MUPig

• Walk-On
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2008, 04:57:04 PM »
I would like nothing better than for Buzz to take next years team deep into the tourney and use it to be able to recruit a top class for '09 and beyond.  However, a lot of damage has been done by TC leaving MU that needs to be repaired.  As a top 100 recruit - it would be difficult to commit to the unknowns in the program right now.  Given some time and some success - that will change.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2008, 11:46:15 PM »

My apologies, I couldn't convince my wife that a $500 plane ticket to fly out for a basketball banquet 2000 miles away was appropriate.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 01:03:42 AM by ChicosBailBonds »

Chili

• All American
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2008, 01:33:28 AM »
I would like nothing better than for Buzz to take next years team deep into the tourney and use it to be able to recruit a top class for '09 and beyond.  However, a lot of damage has been done by TC leaving MU that needs to be repaired.  As a top 100 recruit - it would be difficult to commit to the unknowns in the program right now.  Given some time and some success - that will change.

There is no time...continuity!

feedback