Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Self tells Oklahoma State he's not leaving Kansas  (Read 1141 times)

GuyIncognito

• Starter
Self tells Oklahoma State he's not leaving Kansas
« on: April 10, 2008, 05:10:16 PM »
Kansas coach Bill Self said Thursday he will remain with the national champions rather than listen to an offer to coach his alma mater Oklahoma State.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3340309

Personally I don't know how you could pass up that much money and the chance to return to your alma mater, but then again he did just win a national championship. I would assume he's getting quite the hefty raise.

MUinCO

• Starter
Re: Self tells Oklahoma State he's not leaving Kansas
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 05:15:03 PM »
Kansas coach Bill Self said Thursday he will remain with the national champions rather than listen to an offer to coach his alma mater Oklahoma State.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3340309

Personally I don't know how you could pass up that much money and the chance to return to your alma mater, but then again he did just win a national championship. I would assume he's getting quite the hefty raise.

I don't know...he could be thinking that it will be easier to make $3M at KU and be successful as opposed to making $4M at OSU and repeat his success.  OSU may not be a blue chip program, but that much money comes with it's own set of expectations and pressure regardless of where he's at.  He knows that much money means he will have to produce at least a Final Four in a few years and if he doesn't he's out on his ear. 

Much better to make $3M at KU and easily make it deep into the tourney regularly and keep your job long term.

MUsoxfan

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008, 05:15:39 PM »
I'm surprised he stayed.   Good for him

dwaderoy2004

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2008, 05:46:36 PM »
Kinda hard to take the OK st. job and not look like a money grubbing d-bag.  it's one thing to leave a school for a better program AND more money.  to take several steps down the ladder for bags of money is tough to justify, even if you are going back to your alma mater.