[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: 24+ hous later  (Read 3133 times)

THEGYMBAR

24+ hous later
« on: April 09, 2008, 07:53:49 PM »
Folks,
After a great deal of self reflection I have come to the following conclusions:

1. My protest idea was brilliant. Supporting this hire is a disservice to the school and the program.
2. TC is a jag.
3. No matter how hard we wish Buzz is not a Big East coach.
4. I am NOT mad at Buzz. It is not his fault he was hired.
5. True MU fans needs to voice displeasure to the school.
6. Board of Trustees do not care about the fans or program.
7. Rivers and Payne do not belong on any BOT.
8.TC is a jag.
9. My protest idea is and was brilliant.

Just my thoughts.

mugrad99

• Team Captain
Rivers and Payne know a hell of alot more than you
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 08:07:00 PM »
If the hire is good for them, I'll pass judgment until a year is gone and see where the progam is

edit: for typing
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 08:12:25 PM by indeelaw90 »

THEGYMBAR

Re: 24+ hous later
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 08:21:05 PM »
One year equals a five year hole.

Right the wrong NOW!!!!

chapman

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 08:52:03 PM »
Folks,
After a great deal of self reflection I have come to the following conclusions:

1. My protest idea was brilliant. Supporting this hire is a disservice to the school and the program.
2. TC is a jag.
3. No matter how hard we wish Buzz is not a Big East coach.
4. I am NOT mad at Buzz. It is not his fault he was hired.
5. True MU fans needs to voice displeasure to the school.
6. Board of Trustees do not care about the fans or program.
7. Rivers and Payne do not belong on any BOT.
8.TC is a jag.
9. My protest idea is and was brilliant.

Just my thoughts.

The "protest" was about as effective as the Olympic torch terrorists have been at stopping human rights abuses in China. 

If the hire is good for them, I'll pass judgment until a year is gone and see where the progam is

edit: for typing

How can you determine if the hire was good a year from now?  When Buzz brings in some players to play with our seniors and Lazar?  Even if we make the Sweet 16 you can't evaluate the hire.  The year after that, Buzz has to work with a bunch of young players in the tough Big East.  It will probably be a rebuilding year, so it will be unfair to condemn him based on a poor record.  It will take 2 1/2-3 years to pass fair judgement on Buzz, not a year where the seniors alone are capable of bringing a successful season.

THEGYMBAR

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2008, 08:53:50 PM »
Chap...The "protest" was as effective as the hire will prove to be. Highly unsuccessful.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2008, 09:01:13 PM »

Right the wrong NOW!!!!

Do you watch yourself have sex in a mirror?

THEGYMBAR

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2008, 09:02:46 PM »
Marqptm---yes, I do.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2008, 09:05:48 PM »
Marqptm---yes, I do.

I kinda felt that would be your answer.

Flex that bicep.

THEGYMBAR

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2008, 09:08:42 PM »
Marq---You did, huh?

PuertoRicanNightmare

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2008, 06:46:37 AM »

Right the wrong NOW!!!!

As drastic as this seems, if we lose a significant number of players to transfer and can only keep the two lowest rated members of our recruiting class what is the point?

There is precedence. Notre Dame reversed its decision on George O'Leary, which was much more high profile than this! Oh, and we also recalled "Gold."

THEGYMBAR

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2008, 07:35:47 AM »
PRN---It might only be you and I left soon, but I agree with you completely. I'll keep reading your posts, because you are right on target regarding the hire and the future impact.

MURFC

• Team Captain
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2008, 07:45:53 AM »

Right the wrong NOW!!!!

As drastic as this seems, if we lose a significant number of players to transfer and can only keep the two lowest rated members of our recruiting class what is the point?

There is precedence. Notre Dame reversed its decision on George O'Leary, which was much more high profile than this! Oh, and we also recalled "Gold."

We must have all missed the part where Buzz lied about his resume, falsified his academic record, and completely embarrassed the university.  Forgot all about that....  The Notre Dame football coaching decision doesn't even come close to a presedence.....that is compeltely ridiculous. 

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2008, 07:54:54 AM »
Closest analogy is Jamie Dixon at Pitt.  Five years later he won the BE tourney and is pre-season top five next year.

romey

• All American
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2008, 08:07:41 AM »
Back in the 80's and 90's Bobby Cremins at Georgia Tech had some very good teams with Dennis Scott, Kenny Anderson, Stephon Marbury, Brent  Barry (or one of the Barrys).  Then announced he was going to coach at his alma mater - South Carolina.  He never made it there - he came back to Tech.  I'm sorry I don't recall the details, but it DID happen.  I'm not saying we should reverse our decision, just throwing this out there - it has happened.

PuertoRicanNightmare

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2008, 08:08:19 AM »

Right the wrong NOW!!!!

We must have all missed the part where Buzz lied about his resume, falsified his academic record, and completely embarrassed the university.  Forgot all about that....  The Notre Dame football coaching decision doesn't even come close to a presedence.....that is compeltely ridiculous. 

I must have missed the part where I suggested any of that.

The precedence I mentioned was in reference to reversing a decision on a coaching hire.

PuertoRicanNightmare

« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2008, 08:11:02 AM »
Back in the 80's and 90's Bobby Cremins at Georgia Tech had some very good teams with Dennis Scott, Kenny Anderson, Stephon Marbury, Brent  Barry (or one of the Barrys).  Then announced he was going to coach at his alma mater - South Carolina.  He never made it there - he came back to Tech.  I'm sorry I don't recall the details, but it DID happen.  I'm not saying we should reverse our decision, just throwing this out there - it has happened.

This actually happens quite frequently. Billy Donovan did this last year.

Bob "Big Daddy" Wild

• Starter
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2008, 08:26:53 AM »
Marqptm---yes, I do.

I kinda felt that would be your answer.

Flex that bicep.

Nice B.E. Ellis reference. 

Also, anyone who claims to speak for 'true' Marquette fans, or tells them what they should do/how they should feel about the hire...well...lets just put it nicely and say I don't agree with that line of thinking...at all
Former president.  Part-time MUScooper.

lurch91

• All American
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2008, 08:27:20 AM »

Right the wrong NOW!!!!

I must have missed the part where I suggested any of that.

The precedence I mentioned was in reference to reversing a decision on a coaching hire.

No one reverses a coaching hire within a week unless they were lied to.  Sorry, MU isn't going to  suddenly say, "We were wrong YESTERDAY, we're going to hire the right coach now."  It would reaffirm that they are as incompetent as we all think they are.

feedback