[Today at 08:32:41 PM]

New Assistant Coach by Skatastrophy
[Today at 08:04:46 PM]

What do Wisconsinites call people from Illinois? by tower912
[Today at 07:47:59 PM]

Hurley staying! by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 04:20:57 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Providence Will Make Out Nicely  (Read 5389 times)

Big Papi

• All American
Re: Providence Will Make Out Nicely
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2008, 06:21:02 PM »
Buzz wasn't going anywhere but the recruits are.  The longer we waited, the greater the chance that this upcoming year was going to blow up.  Now I don't know if Buzz was a good hire but I didn't want to wait three weeks to hire anyone either.  Nothing wrong with being quick and decisive if you know what you want and by all indications we did.  Cottingham wanted Bennett and when he couldnt get Bennett, he wanted Buzz.  Now lets just hope they got it right.

Seems to me some of the recruits and current players are going anyway.  If Taylor stays, then that's a huge bonus.  If he doesn't, well then what recruits are we really talking about?  Fulce and Otule? 

I was actually talking about recruits in general.  Your Butlers, Vanderbekes (sp), Mirkovics.  The longer you wait the greater the chance these recruits just go somewhere else and than a small pool of available players becomes even smaller for next year.  But since you bring up our players, you can't underestimate the importance of Dom and McNeal feeling comfortable with Buzz.  Looks like Mbakwe might be at least reconsidering to stay.  Hayward is happy.  Taylor is at least listening but with James coming back, Taylor is not a must get and frankly this team would be better off next year if we landed Butler and Vanderbeke or Mirkovic in place of Christopherson and Taylor.  We have guard play but with Butler you have a better 3 point shooter and with the others you have height.  Even if we lose guys this off-season we still have continuity as our main players are back and playing, I would assume, a very similar type of style.

feedback