Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 12:00:10 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 09:55:19 PM]

Banquet by Skatastrophy
[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Shut Up And Go Away  (Read 3334 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
Shut Up And Go Away
« on: April 09, 2008, 08:49:29 AM »
Absolutely sick and tired of Crean and his constant hollow rhetoric. Please go away, never come back, and shut the hell up.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

🏀

• All American
Re: Shut Up And Go Away
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 08:55:00 AM »
He's been basically removed from the Al already.

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 09:25:11 AM »
He's a fraud, I always thought he was fake, way to slick.  Nonetheless, most buy into it and he's a good coach.

Warrior1969

• Team Captain
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 09:34:38 AM »
But before we do that lets hire the guy he pushed for coach, hmmmmm.

ToddPacker

• Starter
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2008, 10:12:13 AM »

Do you think that Crean is so callous that he would push MU to make a bad hire?  He's a selfish a-hole, but he knows good coaching and even prior to leaving he had sung Buzz's praises. 

Warrior1969

• Team Captain
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2008, 10:30:39 AM »
Do you think he really wants Buzz to have more success or less then he did at MU?  What will it look like if the next coach does better then he does?  They listened to TC on the GOLD screw up right.  Do you think TC wanted to see Tony bennet or Bruse weber take the job?

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2008, 11:01:32 AM »
Do you guys really think Crean is the root of everything evil?

You blame him for the Gold stuff... you blame him for not winning every game... you blame him for being too slick.

Now he's gone... you don't like the new hire... and you still blame Tom Crean?

Honestly, were some of you dating him on the side and now he broke up with you? Because you sound like a bunch of jealous ex girlfriends.

Coobeys Oil Depot

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2008, 11:03:21 AM »

Do you think that Crean is so callous that he would push MU to make a bad hire?  He's a selfish a-hole, but he knows good coaching and even prior to leaving he had sung Buzz's praises. 

But if Buzz can't do much with what Crean left and Buzz can't recruit the talent that's been promised to MU and we sink into mediocrity Crean's 9 years at Marquette suddenly look a lot more bearable. That's not far-fetched.

Ready2Fly

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2008, 11:09:47 AM »

But if Buzz can't do much with what Crean left and Buzz can't recruit the talent that's been promised to MU and we sink into mediocrity Crean's 9 years at Marquette suddenly look a lot more bearable. That's not far-fetched.

Plus Crean Didn't exactly leave the midwest.  Do you think he would want to recruit against a hot name in Chicago, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Indiana, etc?

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2008, 11:10:51 AM »

Oh, God ... now Tom Crean's nine years here were merely "bearable"?
Sure, all those 20-in seasons, five tourney appearances the last seven years, a Final Four, sell outs at the BC, Dwyane Wade, the Al, the Big East ... how did we ever survive?

And yes, your conspiracy theory is completely far-fetched.

Warrior1969

• Team Captain
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2008, 11:19:06 AM »
TOM CREAN WAS BEHIND THE GOLD!!!  Deal with it people!  If you believe otherwise you are just not talking to the right people or maybe its you that is still in love with TC?

Coobeys Oil Depot

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2008, 11:23:19 AM »

Oh, God ... now Tom Crean's nine years here were merely "bearable"?
Sure, all those 20-in seasons, five tourney appearances the last seven years, a Final Four, sell outs at the BC, Dwyane Wade, the Al, the Big East ... how did we ever survive?

And yes, your conspiracy theory is completely far-fetched.

Actually, I felt TC's time was more then bearable. I'm talking more about TC as a person. People will trade in the nice guy/bad coach for the dick/good coach any day of the week. I'm also talking about the people who criticized TC's program constantly. If Buzz can't do it, in 4 years they may be wishing on every rainbow that TC hadn't of left.

And, no, my theory isn't far-fetched. Crean has been lampooned over the last week as being a control-freak little Napoleon who is deeply affected by how people think of him and what his legacy will be. FWIW, this works both ways for him: if Buzz succeeds, Crean laid the foundation; if Buzz doesn't succeed, Crean will be looked at in a better light.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2008, 11:29:27 AM »
I hate Crean now but won't go so far as to blame him for the Gold nickname or disreguard what he accomplished at Marquette.

Warrior1969

• Team Captain
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2008, 11:33:58 AM »
HE WAS BEHIND THE GOLD!!!!  I know this from incredibly well connected people at MU on the BOT and in the AD!

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2008, 11:52:41 AM »
HE WAS BEHIND THE GOLD!!!!  I know this from incredibly well connected people at MU on the BOT and in the AD!

Well, do you blame Crean then or Fr. Wild?

I realize Crean has (or had) some weight... but ultimately the university president calls most/all of the shots (with input from the BOT).

To me, (even if Crean did suggest it, which I'm not convinced of), he's not the president... so I can't really be that upset with him. It's like blaming the Vice President for stuff going wrong with the country (no politics... just providing it as an example). Ultimately, Bush calls the shots, not Cheney.