[Today at 08:02:41 AM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:10:31 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 19, 2024, 05:04:53 PM]

NIL Future by MU82
[April 19, 2024, 03:21:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Lets' cut to the chase folks...Will/Does Buzz have recruiting values?  (Read 2330 times)

Knight Commission

• All American
That is my biggest concern about him. His resume scares me in this regard. I need some piece of mind. How is this guy a great recruiter? How do you get a recruit (Fulce) from the south commit to Marquette without visiting the school? I need some answers but I have an open mind.

Pakuni

• All American
Re: Lets' cut to the chase folks...Will/Does Buzz have recruiting values?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 07:46:58 PM »
To my knowledge, there's never been a sniff of impropriety at any of Buzz's prior stops (and there were plenty of them).

As for Fulce, he's a kid who Buzz initially recruited to A&M and then, after a year of prep school recruited to New Orleans to play for him. So there's obviously a long relationship between the two.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 10:44:01 PM »
The fall signing date is before he ever coaches a real game. This gives him a chance to sell a dream without having to rely on his results. He needs a respectable November class and a successful season to help him bring in an even better class the next year. If he can do this he will be fine. If he cannot get good signees in November and season disappoints this will turn into a disaster. What no one knows at this point is what players, if any, that MU was targeting will follow Crean to Indiana. A big factor there might be if Indiana is hit with probation. Also Crean should have a bigger pool of potential recruits at Indiana and therefore may target different recruits. Actually, Crean might have the same problem as Buzz. Right now he does not have a lot returning at Indiana, so I be surpised if his first year is successful. What players he will have will have a bigger adjustment with him than the MU players will with Buzz. Crean needs a strong November class to keep the Indiana fans happy. A poor first class and Indiana is in for at least two bad seasons and then you will here the fans complain.

sailwi

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 12:41:34 PM »
It will be interesting to see if our former coach signs a number of players this spring since he couldn't keep an open scholarship at MU no matter what the quality of available player was.  I belvieve I have seen that Indiana has a number of top 100 juniors that IU would naturally be targeting so be careful not to extend too many offers.

Niv Berkowitz

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2008, 01:20:56 PM »
As for Fulce, I think he falls into that "relationship" ideal that Buzz wants to build. I think he has a great relationship with this kid and he trusts him. Also, Buzz showed faith in him not once, not twice, but three times. I will commend both in this instance. And yes, I know, both get something out of it if he's good - the kid an education, and Buzz a good player.