Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 10:48:14 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MuMark
[Today at 10:13:14 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by tower912
[Today at 08:53:54 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[Today at 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[Today at 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[Today at 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Terrible.  (Read 1043 times)

MarquetteFan94

• All American
Terrible.
« on: April 08, 2008, 09:45:32 AM »
In one word....that's how I feel about the future of our basketball program.  I haven't had this bad of a feeling in a long, long time concerning MU basketball.

Sure, maybe this unwarranted gamble will pay off and Buzz will turn out to be a good coach...but you've got to be kidding me with this hire.  Nice job Cottingham.

Time after time this school/administration continues to let us down by making awful decisions.  Honestly, when was the last time the school made a decision where you said, "wow, MU really gets it...what an innovative decision." 

How in the world does Cottingham, Fr. Wild, the BOT, etc. think this is a solid decision?  Was Cords really involved?  What happened to..."we're not going to set a timetable and hire the right person for the job?"  You're telling me a 6 day search period is giving this process its due diligence?!  Does ANYONE in the AD or administration watch ESPN?  It's clear there may be some movement in the coaching ranks with Self potentially being offered by OSU which could/could not affect our search or produce other candidates...who knows.

Either way....why in 6 days do we rush to this decision?!?!  And for Buzz Williams?!  I'm thinking we could have kept him at bay saying he was in our list of final four candidates and we're being thorough...if he didn't like that, too bad....I mean, was his phone ringing off the hook for other head coaching jobs? Let alone a Big East head coaching job?

We just hired a guy who has no midwest recruiting ties, one year of Big East familiarity, one year of head coaching experience and exactly zero NCAA tournament wins.....are you f-ing kidding me?!?!

This guy just got hired by a Big East team that has been to 5 of the last 7 NCAA tournaments including a Final Four, will rank in the top 12-15 in home attendance, has a $31M basketball practice facility....which BOT does he have photos of.....this is a joke, right?

If we were going to "cheap-out" you're telling me we couldn't have plucked an assistant coach with some big program (i.e. winning) pedigree?!

But at least he can recruit in Texas....oh, and he works hard.....oh, and Crean recommend him....this is awful....plenty of lowers available in the BC within 2 years....so disappointing.

The face of the university is now some guy who, just a couple days ago, there was a thread asking if anyone had actually ever heard him SPEAK....good lord.

WE ARE......A JOKE.

feedback