Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: 365 Days From Now ....  (Read 2241 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
365 Days From Now ....
« on: April 08, 2008, 05:18:15 AM »
Crean will have completed a near .500 season at Indiana and will be an NIT bubble team.

Williams will have spent most of the season coaching a ranked team and made the NCAA.  They will at least one game and possible make the sweet sixteen.

Fact is, if MU does as I note above, Crean will be forgotten.  The program will continue at its current level under the leadership of a guy that has proven he can recruit at MU.  How do I know this?  Becasue he has!

nyg

• All American
Re: 365 Days From Now ....
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 06:32:59 AM »
Lets see what the man has.  Heck, the first sentence in Father Wild's statement is that he is a national recruiter. Who knows better than him. 2008 should be fine.  2009 is the make or break year for the program.  James, McNeal, Matthews and Burke definitely gone, probably Trevor leaving for personal reasons and probably T. Taylor and N. Williams never make it here.  If he cannot sign some highly regarded recruits to fill these roster spots (E.Williams,once he signs is a good start), 2009 and on will be very ugly.  Based upon all the recruiting allocades bestowed upon him, Buzz will be under some serious, serious pressure to bring in some ranked athletes.  I hope he hires Assistant Coaches with extensive ties to the AAU programs, because Buzz will not have the time he used to conduct searching/recruiting for players, he's the one in charge now, not the head recruiter.

PuertoRicanNightmare

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 06:34:30 AM »
Yeah? What makes me PUKE is that even if Buzz is the second coming of Adolph Rupp, who's going to take credit for hiring him?

Our administration is so weak and conmpliant that they took the recommendation of the guy who sodomized them just days earlier. Now we're bothgoing after the same recruits. How does that work?

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 07:25:53 AM »
Yeah? What makes me PUKE is that even if Buzz is the second coming of Adolph Rupp, who's going to take credit for hiring him?

Our administration is so weak and conmpliant that they took the recommendation of the guy who sodomized them just days earlier. Now we're bothgoing after the same recruits. How does that work?

Honestly, is there a projected date on when you are going to quit complaining about Tom Crean?

You sound like the most jaded, jealous ex-girlfriend ever.

Give it up. You hated him. He's gone. I know you think he's still controlling the university, but seriously, you're going to have to let it go.

Tom Crean is not the root of all evil at MU. I promise.

romey

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2008, 08:06:43 AM »
Just an honest question here - I have not read ALL the blogs and news stories - do we know for certain the BOT consulted Crean on this hire?

unionssuck

• Walk-On
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2008, 08:09:57 AM »
I'm not convinced that Crean had anything to do with it.  It's not like the BOT hasn't previously demonstrated their collective ineptitude. 

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2008, 08:20:18 AM »
Is it just me or does PRN come across as Crean's jilted gay ex-lover? 

PuertoRicanNightmare

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2008, 08:23:09 AM »

Good point. I loved Coach Crean. Jesus H. Christ -- this coming from a guy who's been squealing like a school girl about Buzz F'ing Williams?

Get a grip on yourself -- or a tighter grip, I should say.

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2008, 08:25:24 AM »

Its funny to read you writing out of your a$$, you have no idea who gave recommendations or how much it was valued.  You read the post of some clown who claimed MU hired williams because Crean told them to, it obviously not true.  You know as little as everyone else when it comes to this coaching search, so STFU

mugrad99

• Team Captain
Do you think the ex-coach wanted MU to hire Buzz
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2008, 08:30:07 AM »
I thought he wanted him on his staff at IU?  What would stroke the ex-coaches ego more? Having part of his coaching tree as a head coach, or having Buzz on his staff to land some recruits (Erik Williams, Jamil??)

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2008, 08:37:35 AM »

Good point. I loved Coach Crean. Jesus H. Christ -- this coming from a guy who's been squealing like a school girl about Buzz F'ing Williams?

Get a grip on yourself -- or a tighter grip, I should say.

Hang on hang on hang on.

Let's not start the little personal attacks and crap.

The honest question for you, PRN, is are you going to continually blame Crean for everything you don't like at MU?

I mean, it's getting a totally out of hand now.

feedback