[Today at 08:14:24 PM]

Incoming freshmen by tower912
[Today at 08:06:40 PM]

Ranking Big East Centers by The Equalizer
[Today at 05:10:01 PM]

Lakers Going After Hurley by Hards Alumni
[Today at 05:06:39 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [Cracked Sidewalks] Saturday update: A Buzz about Marquette  (Read 1586 times)

CrackedSidewalksSays

[Cracked Sidewalks] Saturday update: A Buzz about Marquette
« on: April 05, 2008, 07:00:03 AM »
Saturday update:  A Buzz about Marquette

Written by: NY Warrior

Todd Rosiak reports this morning that current assistant Buzz Williams is "likely the top candidate" to replace Tom Irsay as the new head basketball coach at Marquette.

In a disappointing development, the article also reports that MU has approached Tony Bennett, Anthony Grant, ans Sean Miller -- only to be rebuffed.

Meanwhile, WTMJ in Milwaukee is reporting that MU is down to four:  Buzz Williams, Davidson's Bob McKillop, Wright State's Brad Brownell and SIU's Chris Lowery.

Chris Jenkins of the AP reports that MU already spoke with Williams informally about the opening.  Thankfully it appears that Brian Gregory wants to stay in Dayton (lets hope that was just a bad rumor the other day).

The momentum (er, buzz) around Williams could be an indication that Marquette is keen to stop the bleeding with the incoming 2009 recruits, not to mention any players on the current roster.   Williams could offer a smooth bridge to a new era on campus, without the disruption of a complete regime change.

We'll watch this space closely.

BTW, the Bleacher Report has an interesting list of 'up and coming' coaches to check out.

http://www.crackedsidewalks.com/2008/04/saturday-update-buzz-about-marquette.html

Pardner

Re: [Cracked Sidewalks] Saturday update: A Buzz about Marquette
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 07:16:17 AM »
I just want to say great job by Cracked Sidewalks throughout this and the NCAA's.  Rosiak needs some major kudos too for his coverage this year.  A great departure for the paper.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 09:08:08 AM by Pardner »

AlumKCof93

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 08:43:48 AM »
The work by Rosiak and Cracked Sidewalks has been tremendous.  To get an exclusive interview with DeCourcy and then provide daily updates is really helpful.

I have one question - why is Scott Drew not mentioned anywhere?
"Yes, Dinnertime!  The perfect break between work and drunk" - Homer J. Simpson

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2008, 10:51:05 AM »

I wonder the same thing.....he's done a good job at Baylor -- with a small budget and at an outpost in the Big12 (the lone private school there).

mwbauer7

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2008, 11:21:21 AM »

I wonder the same thing.....he's done a good job at Baylor -- with a small budget and at an outpost in the Big12 (the lone private school there).

He's done a GREAT job. The program wasn't simply recovering from not winning--they were recovering from one player murdering a teammate...