[April 26, 2024, 10:47:48 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Trevor Mbakwe likely transferring  (Read 9019 times)

Brew City

• Scholarship Player
Re: Trevor Mbakwe likely transferring
« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2008, 12:39:10 PM »
Keep in mind that whoever we bring in likely will have a list of recruits as well, which will dramatically alter that landscape.  While as of this moment, we don't have interest in Marquette, that will change when (Insert New Coach's Name) takes over.

Shack

• Starter
« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2008, 01:18:57 PM »
I heard that Mbakwe was one of the guys that was extremely angry when he heard Crean was leaving.  Why the hell would Mbawke care if he was on his way out anyways?  Seems fishy. 

PuertoRicanNightmare

« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2008, 01:45:05 PM »
I heard that Mbakwe was one of the guys that was extremely angry when he heard Crean was leaving.  Why the hell would Mbawke care if he was on his way out anyways?  Seems fishy. 

Maybe because he burned up a year of eligibility for no apparent reason?

TJ

• All American
« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2008, 01:55:02 PM »

Maybe because he burned up a year of eligibility for no apparent reason?
not if he was transferring anyway - he would then sit out a year without having a red shirt to use, right?  Or can you have both a transfer redshirt and a medical redshirt.

Coobeys Oil Depot

« Reply #54 on: April 03, 2008, 01:59:44 PM »
Keep in mind that whoever we bring in likely will have a list of recruits as well, which will dramatically alter that landscape.  While as of this moment, we don't have interest in Marquette, that will change when (Insert New Coach's Name) takes over.

That's why the hire is crucial. Brownell looks like a fantastic game coach but can he recruit at the Big East level? Miller looks to have the right package in terms of game coach and recruiting and MU is similar to XU but those rumors of him longing for Pittsburgh aren't to be taken lightly.

Buzz Williams would keep the recruiting aspect in fine form but what kind of game coach is he? McKillop is a veteran coach and a Long Island guy but in the new Big East can he handle going up against Calhoun, Dixon, Thompson?

Anthony Grant seems to be the absolute perfect hire but I'm not sure the Sham Ham will even have him on his list. He's probably too busy looking to sue Alterra for having their coffee being too hot.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2008, 04:41:39 PM »
I know Trevor was hurt, but he showed me absolutey nothing. So no loss there. Don't forget he was one of Tommy's "big man" recruits. 'Nough said.
I don't want the inmates running the asylum or holding us hostage. MU must get the
best man out there, pay what it takes, and let the pieces fall where they may.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Tampa Warrior

• Starter
« Reply #56 on: April 03, 2008, 05:19:29 PM »
I know Trevor was hurt, but he showed me absolutey nothing.

Absolutely nothing? Maybe you weren't looking closely enough. I saw definite flashes of potential, considering the situation.

muchalktalk

• Walk-On
PNR and 4EVER
« Reply #57 on: April 03, 2008, 06:43:43 PM »
You two are real classy dudes.  I know you guys don't like Crean, but to rundown his recruits and players.  Trevor is "nothing" and "throw-out the recruits".  Seriously, grow up.  Are you guys honestly MU grads.  Is that what you took away from MU, and you think Crean is a poor representative of the university?

It's funny to think you of hiding behind your computer, typing Trevor is a "nothing".  I wonder if you would have the balls to tell the kid to his face.

feedback