Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [Rosiak's Blog] Crean introduced at Indiana  (Read 744 times)

ToddRosiakSays

[Rosiak's Blog] Crean introduced at Indiana
« on: April 02, 2008, 11:30:27 AM »
Crean introduced at Indiana

Written by: Todd Rosiak

Tom Crean was just introduced at Indiana. He spoke about Marquette twice just briefly, and appeared to be close to breaking up the second time when talking about the meeting he had with Golden Eagles players last night.

Here's the highlights:

"I haven't had the right words when I was asked, whether it was yesterday, when I tried to explain as to why I was coming here and leaving what I felt for the last nine years at Marquette was the greatest job...I feel like I had the greatest job in the world. I didn't know that at the time. I didn't know that when I first started. But the people that I worked with, the players that I coached, the 23 out of 23 people that used their eligibility at Marquette that all graduated, I felt like I had the best. And when this opportunity came about...I listened and I thought, and I listened and I thought, and I still come back to what I thought at the very beginning, if anybody asks me why: It's Indiana. It's Indiana. And that is the bottom line."

"It's a humbling honor, just as it was nine years ago to take over the Marquette program and to build on the tradition that was there. And to work with people that aren't household names to you, but are in the fabric of our lives: Fr. Robert A. Wild, our president, Greg Kliebahn, our senior vice president, Bill Cords, the athletic director that hired me, Steve Cottingham, the athletic director that I left yesterday. And all the other administrators, faculty, athletic personnel, student-athletes, academic support, strength coach, trainer, but most importantly, those young men.

"I've had a chance to meet with my team today, and without getting into details of everything I talked about, I told them the same thing that I told my team last night in what was as painful as anything I think I've ever done in my adult life. I won't say that I said goodbye, but I told them how I felt about them...I had their heart, and they had mine. And that is exactly what I'm looking for at this university."

http://blogs.jsonline.com/muhoops/archive/2008/04/02/crean-introduced-at-indiana.aspx