collapse

Resources

25-26 SOTG Tally

2025-26 Season SoG Tally
Ross6
James Jr4
Parham1
Stevens1

'24-25 * '23-24 * '22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

Big East Standings

Recent Posts

Judge Rules that Last Years Seniors Are Eligible for a 5th Year by Hards Alumni
[Today at 01:41:46 PM]


2026 Coaching Carousel by Pakuni
[Today at 01:27:38 PM]


Big East offseason news by willie warrior
[Today at 12:01:27 PM]


Recruiting as of 6/15/26 by willie warrior
[Today at 11:49:17 AM]


‘26-27 Schedule by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 10:56:27 AM]


Caedin Out a Few Months by MuggsyB
[Today at 08:52:11 AM]


Open Scrimmage by MarquetteMike1977
[Today at 08:44:57 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address. We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or signup NOW!

Next up:  @ Green Bay (Exhibition)

Marquette
Marquette @
Green Bay (Ex)
Date/Time: Oct 19, 2026
TV: NA
Schedule for 2026-27
12 - 20

tower912

Things that we already knew that were reinforced yesterday.
1.  Size matters/we need more big men.   This has been screamed on message boards for years.  And width is as important as height.   It looks like help is on the way.
2.  Our outside shooting is poor.  No wonder TC was trying so hard to get Stemler last spring.   We thought Lazar was the answer.  Lazar is a scorer, not a shooter.
3.  Bo Ryan owns the officials.  Coach K and Coach Knight are the only ones I have seen who can consistently get calls like he can.  More power to him, since it works for him.   Perhaps TC should become more of a whiny &^%$#%#.
4.  Crean is still a work in progress as a game coach.   Fewer sets run correctly may be superior to 1000 plays, master of none.
5.  It is tough for sophomores to be team leaders.   This is why transfers matter, this is why character is important.
6.  MU fans care a lot about their team and get their collective panties in a twist when they lose games they should win.   It is good to be passionate.  Never post angry.   You'll regret it later.   I have made that mistake in the past.
7.   There is a growing body of circumstantial evidence of an attitude problem/rift on this team.   Perhaps we see it because we want to see it and if we were undefeated it wouldn't be there, but I had my first inkling of it while watching the Valpo game.

Let's hope they learn from this and use the remaining games to get ready for conference.  Let us also hope that Kinsella can contribute.  I saw him in a boot yesterday, so he must be progressing.   His 7 foot body and 12 foot jumper sure would have been nice yesterday.
...I'm a rebel just for kicks,  now
I been feeling it since 1966, now...

rocky_warrior

Good point on posting - that's why I didn't post much yesterday.  However, reading some of the posts of people that are/were really down on the team made me realize we're not in that bad of situation.

I wouldn't hold out any hope on Kinsella though.  He may get some minutes later this season, but if he's ever able to give MU quality minutes I'd be surprised.  Not his fault (he has talent) - but I don't think he's got a body that will hold up for NCAA basketball.

4everwarriors

with your analysis about Crean, lack of bigs, and the transfers. Actually all of your concerns ultimately resort back to Crean. BTW, don't expect Kinsella to cover for the short-comings of his team. He is what he is and not capable of more.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

mu_hilltopper

I am staking our entire success on Kinsella.  If he can get healthy and contribute 50 points a game and a dozen blocks and rebounds, we're national champs, baby.

tower912

My hope for Kinsella is a big body, 10 minutes a game, 4 points, 3 boards, 5 fouls.   Or, if you like, Chris Grimm with a shot.   The big body sure would have been nice yesterday, as it will be against Pitt and G-town.   No, I am not expecting miracles.
...I'm a rebel just for kicks,  now
I been feeling it since 1966, now...

williewarrior

One other thing that is apparent: Bo Ryan, whether he is likable or not, has been and will continue to be a better coach than Tom Crean. Crean may be a better recruiter (not sure about that) but Bo gets more out of his teams, and continues to whup us.

77ncaachamps

Quote from: williewarrior on December 10, 2006, 03:34:30 PM
One other thing that is apparent: Bo Ryan, whether he is likable or not, has been and will continue to be a better coach than Tom Crean. Crean may be a better recruiter (not sure about that) but Bo gets more out of his teams, and continues to whup us.

I'm not too sure about the recruiting slant. I may agree with you on the coaching argument...but you have to compare apples with oranges. Wisconsin's frontline was like the eighth grade team playing the fifth grade team of Marquette.

I don't know how much of an influence Bo Ryan has over recruits. But I do know how big an influence playing at a large state university with large fan base and deep pockets in a major conference has.

The latter is a more effective recruiting tool than Bo Ryan.

Crean has a lot going for him. And as a recruiting tool, he has this especially on Ryan: three NBA draftees in the last four years. Wisconsin only has had Devin Harris. But the lack of deep pockets and larger fan base does work against him.
SS Marquette

Previous topic - Next topic