Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Shumpert  (Read 2483 times)

Untucked

• Scholarship Player
Shumpert
« on: March 27, 2008, 04:32:35 PM »
It was only one game, but Iman Shumpert was out of place in the McDonald's game last night. He didn't deserve to be on the team and it showed.
Q: What's the difference between Bo Ryan and God?
A: God doesn't think he's Bo Ryan!!

Nukem2

• All American
Re: Shumpert
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 04:38:58 PM »
Actually, Shumpert had 4 or 5 very nice passes that led to easy hoops and garnered two nice rebounds in traffic and played solid defense.  Yes, he did shoot an airball on his only attempt; but, he is a solid talent.  However, he is not an elite player who is going to the NBA in a year from now.  I have seen Tyshawn Taylor on TV 5 times now and saw shumpert in person last nite.  These guys are the same player although Shumpert is an inch taller.  I think you may see both in the NBA someday.

MUFanInGreenBay

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 05:26:56 PM »
I've seen Taylor and Shumpert both play as well and Taylor is more explosive and quicker. Shumpert is the better shooter right now though. I actually think when it is all said and done Taylor will end up the better player. Taylor reminds me of a young Devin Harris actually. They both have similiar body types to go along with great athleticism and quickness. 

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2008, 08:58:43 PM »
It was only one game, but Iman Shumpert was out of place in the McDonald's game last night. He didn't deserve to be on the team and it showed.

Tom seemed to think he was the cat's meow. Stuck to him like a fly to crap up to the bitter end.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2008, 09:27:16 PM »

Tom seemed to think he was the cat's meow. Stuck to him like a fly to crap up to the bitter end.

Yeah, so did some guy named Roy Williams.

MUSF

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2008, 09:33:06 PM »

No, Roy cooled on him...

10 minutes before he signed with GT.

The best thing about 4ever is that if Shumpert turns out to be a stud, he will say we missed again. If he turns out to be worse than TT, he will say we really wanted Shumpert.

Warrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2008, 10:57:04 PM »
Not another "Dime a dozen" 8-)

reesiecup210

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2008, 03:05:41 AM »

No, Roy cooled on him...

10 minutes before he signed with GT.

The best thing about 4ever is that if Shumpert turns out to be a stud, he will say we missed again. If he turns out to be worse than TT, he will say we really wanted Shumpert.
Nailed it. Crean is obviously a disappointment.

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2008, 07:20:01 AM »
I think we gotta fire the guy. He obviously can't recruit talent.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2008, 11:23:46 AM »
Tyshawn Taylor will be a better player, not a doubt in my mind.

The guy comes from a winning program, and knows how to do the little things that help his team win games. If he can develop his jumpshot, look out. Already a better passer and defender than Shumpert, and has had much better coaching.

We are going to be very happy we missed out on Iman.

Ready2Fly

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2008, 11:47:24 AM »

The guy comes from a winning program, and knows how to do the little things that help his team win games. If he can develop his jumpshot, look out. Already a better passer and defender than Shumpert, and has had much better coaching.

I hope it's James/Frasor redux

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2008, 11:54:15 AM »

I hope it's James/Frasor redux

You mean McNeal/Frasor redux.
But I like to throw handfuls...

feedback