[Today at 05:37:28 AM]

Shaka interview by Scoop Snoop
[May 01, 2024, 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[May 01, 2024, 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[May 01, 2024, 02:17:00 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: My thoughts on a tough game... tough night  (Read 780 times)

Mayor McCheese

• All American
My thoughts on a tough game... tough night
« on: March 22, 2008, 11:07:11 PM »
Today starts out with West Virginia beating Duke... loving it

Then Wisconsin wins, in very impressive fashion, do I think they can keep that shooting up, I don't think so, but if they do, *swallow* I think they can win the tournament (did I really say that?)  The whole game I was just thinking, crap when did they shoot like that in the season, I don't think they ever did, but damn, impressive

Marquette game, starts alright, then the double T, awesome, change of the game... get out to an 11 point lead, drops to 6 before half (crap had a great lead before, they have the MO into half)...

second half, just a battle, have you ever watched a more back and forth game this year, two very evenly matched teams, man is Robin Lopez a b*tch, just a bastard.  He talks a big game and does a head bob, all with that silly hair, and his brother doing all the work.  Man is Brook a stud, NBA bound for sure.

tie game 8 seconds... this is do-able, we have a chance to walk out with a win... and we run down and take a three with 5 seconds remaining?  really, that is what we drew up... ugh.  you are a JUNIOR McNeal, played great all game, that one left you scratching your head.

Overtime, McNeal, just hitting everything he shoots, Marquette has the edge, up 1, and McNeal misses an 8 footer, go down, Stanford hits that luck shot (why didn't James ever press that guard to make a tougher pass?)  game... good season gone to waste, never to scream OOOOOuse again, won't see another Fitz three, Blackledge has had his last highlight dunk in a MU jersey, very sad.

This team, played its hearts out tonight, we weren't favored to win, in Stanford's own state, have no problems with the way they played tonight, and no one should, hell of a game.  Don't gimme this "we need a big man" bullcrap, no crap, we do, but in fact I'll take this 07-08 team over 98% of the teams out there, I would even rather have them over Stanford any day, just not our night.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

feedback