[Today at 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[Today at 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 11:32:50 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by dgies9156
[Today at 09:15:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: I dont know what to think  (Read 3596 times)

NateDoggMarq

• Starter
I dont know what to think
« on: March 22, 2008, 09:41:49 PM »
I know in my heart that MU left it all out on the court for really only like the 4th time this whole season.  Crap I wish I could at least blame someone for the loss but I still cant.

What really hurts is knowing that the Badgers who we beat earlier in the year are going to the Regionals and we arent.  It really really really sucks. 

I dont think I have ever seen a Marquette game like that where I almost knew that we were going to lose once we missed that last shot.

Wow I am speechless gentleman, but you know what I am damn proud because we really played to our potential and we didnt wet the bed like I thought we were.  Did we reach my expectations?  No we didnt but at this point I dont think that matters because for this game on this game we played like Warriorrs, and although we didnt come out on top, I know for the first time that we played to our best but Stanfords better was Better than our better!!!

Thomas' Danish Delight

• All American
Re: I dont know what to think
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 09:48:53 PM »
Well said except the last part.

Stanford's Tall was taller than our Tall.

Stanford played well and all that, no doubt, but I know for a fact we would have won if there wasn't such a height discrepancy. 

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 09:53:29 PM »

Stanford played well and all that, no doubt, but I know for a fact we would have won if there wasn't such a height discrepancy. 

I think that was his point. In the end, their strength beat our strength.

Thomas' Danish Delight

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2008, 09:59:11 PM »

I think that was his point. In the end, their strength beat our strength.

Ahh...I see.  I thought he was talking about their french toast.

and Flowers 55...go finger-blast some girl in a bathroom.

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2008, 09:59:56 PM »
In the end, their strength beat our strength.

yup.  it happens. MU played very well.  the only difference was a clutch bounce by a lottery pick.

mwbauer7

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2008, 10:02:25 PM »
Nevertherless, Bo's badgers move on, not because of good athletes but because of great coaching and disciplined/smart players...both attributes which Marquette needs.

A- Butch's foul was not disciplined.
B- I wouldn't ever trade our classy players for your "smart" players.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2008, 10:06:08 PM »
Stanford was more disciplined and better coached...even without their head coach.  To bad...MU had the athletes to beat TX...Stanford does not.  Nevertherless, Bo's badgers move on, not because of good athletes but because of great coaching and disciplined/smart players...both attributes which Marquette needs.

Hey, that's great. Thanks for the input.  

NateDoggMarq

• Starter
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2008, 10:08:15 PM »
"[A]nd Flowers 55...go finger-blast some girl in a bathroom."

I am not sure what to make of this comment except you are angry/drunk and agree, but are bitter nevertheless.  Lets face it, Tome Crean can not recruit a well rounded team.  Just one decent big man Tom...

Michael Flowers=4 years of Mediocrity.

and o yea Badgers, you were the 3 seed you are supposed to make it this far.  And so far you have beaten a 14 and a 11 seed tell me when you beat a real team.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2008, 10:09:51 PM »
"[A]nd Flowers 55...go finger-blast some girl in a bathroom."

I am not sure what to make of this comment...

Let me help you..you are a douche bag on the level of Bo Ryan, Brian Butch, and Robin Lopez, and as a result your opinions are dismissed. Now, as the previous post suggest, go finger blast some girl, or yourslef in the women's bathroom.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2008, 10:12:18 PM »
Did you just call MU players classy.  That is a joke.  Have you ever met Burke or D. James?  I saw that fool bowling at 2 am before the G-town game....and he was by no means classy.

Ummmm...Ahhhh... yeah, I got nothing. There is no response to a post that reaches this level of stupidity. Weren't you clearly told to go finger-blast some girl in a bathroom? Why are you still here?

WarriorHal

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2008, 10:16:49 PM »
Stanford was more disciplined and better coached...even without their head coach.  To bad...MU had the athletes to beat TX...Stanford does not.  Nevertherless, Bo's badgers move on, not because of good athletes but because of great coaching and disciplined/smart players...both attributes which Marquette needs.

We lost because Crean isn't a very good coach and our players aren't as disciplined or as smart as Stanford's? I think the fact that Stanford had two guys that are 7' tall and weigh 260 lbs and were 3rd team Parade All-Americans as high school seniors--not exactly "projects"--had a lot more to do with our very narrow defeat. Crean's inability to land a blue-chip big man is a legit criticism, but those guys tend to go to Duke, North Carolina, Georgetown ect. 

Chicago_inferiority_complexes

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2008, 10:18:57 PM »
NavinRJ, you are clearly an intellectual heavy weight.  And thanks, id much rather be on the level of Bo and Butch and in the sweet 16 (i.e. winners)...as opposed to being done with my season.

Enjoy the Georgetown game.

We know we will.

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2008, 10:21:30 PM »
Flowers--congratulations on a great season. I hate Bo but he is a good coach. An insufferable prick who looks like Count Chocula, but a good coach. He got more out of that team than he should have this year. I'm a fan of Bohanon. He would be a nice role player for the middle/end of our bench. Too bad Bo will convert him to a funny looking kid with a shaved head who whines before all is said and done. However, please keep in mind that we beat you in your house without Fitz. You won a bad conference. You have beaten a 14 and an 11 seed in this tournament. You play ugly basketball that "sets the game back 100 years" according to Gottlieb. You play cheap shot basketball as evidenced by the punch Stiemsma clearly delivered into Kent's back today after Kent got called for a push on offense. I will give you credit for having a program that doesn't trivialize and overlook criminal behavior as much as the football team.

Good luck to you the rest of this year and next year when you bring in a new crop of funny looking stiffs.
I hope you get exposed on national TV for the bs calls Bo gets you and the cheap crap your team pulls.

http://www.mkesports.com/CollegeBasketballAllState.html
You're lucky our balance allowed your guy to take the top honor in that link.

Please leave now. The hotel bathroom is calling.

EDIT: I was about to post this when I saw your post about seeing Dom bowling late at night before the Georgetown game. I take back everything I said. Man was I mistaken. Add in the fact you have a girlfriend?!? Wow. I'm impressed.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2008, 10:22:01 PM »
I am still here because i am waiting for my gf to get off work

I'm on my way to the Encore now. I'll say hi to her for you, and maybe even send her home with a few bucks.

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2008, 10:27:51 PM »
Hmmm gf of a Badger fan? My money's on finding her at Art's.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2008, 10:29:58 PM »
Well it will be a tough game for the Badgers, there is no denying that.  By G-town is not that great athletically, and WISC matches up against them well.

What do they do when Jonathan Wallace limits Trevon Hughes to 4 points?  Wisconsin hasn't faced a frontline to the likes of Hibbert, Summers, and Ewing Jr. all season.  The game will be a snoozer, because Bo prefers to play a slow game with players that lack any personality and JTIII is only a step behind him, but Georgetown is no Big Ten team.  If by matching up well you mean similarly, you're right.  But Bo's going to really have to whine for calls, because Georgetown is better at every position.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2008, 10:33:38 PM »
Well played sir.

Talk about a missed opportunity...I would have gone with, By the way, they're real and they're spectacular.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2008, 10:35:30 PM »
i was crap faced, but i did talk to him at 2 am...and even asked him why he was still out before such a big game.  He had some pretty boy remark about how it didnt matter because of who he is...he is a prick and a CBA bound player. 

Are you the same guy who saw Bo finger-blasting that chick in the hotel bathroom?

Chicago_inferiority_complexes

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2008, 10:44:14 PM »
What is with your obsession with fingerblasting?? 

There's a rumor going around the NCAA's that your coach is a big fan . . . ;-)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 10:47:59 PM by warrior07 »

MUSF

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2008, 10:45:20 PM »
"he is a prick and a CBA bound player."

One level higher than any current Badger will be playing. Good luck with GTown. You'll need it.

Thomas' Danish Delight

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2008, 10:49:50 PM »
"he is a prick and a CBA bound player."

One level higher than any current Badger will be playing. Good luck with GTown. You'll need it.

Especially when they barely beat us due to poor refereeing and lucky banked threes, while we beat the badgers at madison despite poor refereeing.

feedback