[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Biggest Mistake MU can make today.....  (Read 1177 times)

muguru

• All American
Biggest Mistake MU can make today.....
« on: March 22, 2008, 12:27:30 PM »
Is for the three amigos to try to drive it all the way to the hole only to have it rejected time after time or altered so they miss the lay in. They absolutely need to use the pull up game today(something which all 3 excel at by the way). If they repeatedly insist on driving all the way to the hole today then they will lose. The hell with trying to draw fouls. You can't bank on them getting called, you need to make the mid range jumpers. If they do that, I like their chances.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
Re: Biggest Mistake MU can make today.....
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 12:39:10 PM »
Actually, the biggest mistake MU could make would be to not put defense first second and third. That kind of goes without saying, but other than that, I think you are probably right. However, they do need to be willing to go all the way a few times to test the refs. If we can get Brooke in particular into a little bit of foul trouble - gonna make life much easier. Also need to keep 'em honest - if they feel they FT line jumper is coming they will likely drift away from the basket, and James, McNeal and Co. will be able to blow right by 'em. I continue to like the match up.

mwbauer7

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 12:43:45 PM »
I think a key to todays game will be Barro's ability to "hide" along the baseline under the basket, and when DJ drives, the twins gravitate towards him to attempt to block it and DJ dishes off to Barro.

MUSF

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2008, 12:45:13 PM »
The issue to me isn't going all the way to the hoop, it is taking it strong to the hoop. Too often our guards try to draw the foul and make some circus shot in the process. They usually miss the shot and don't get the call. To keep the defense off balance they do need to pull up and/or dish it off from time to time but, when they do go all the way, they need to go strong.

They got some calls yesterday. Hopefully Higgins isn't there and we can get some more calls today.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2008, 12:50:44 PM »
FWIW, Clark Kellogg echoed these exact same sentiments on their brief preview of the game. Said they have to use the midrange game today.

As far as Higgins goes, in a twisted way, he may actually work to MU's advantage if he is officiating because he is used to the way MU plays. But, I doubt he has done many(if any) Stanford games this year and may be more whistle happy on their end. Here's hoping..... :o
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.