Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Postcard from Omaha  (Read 758 times)

Pardner

Postcard from Omaha
« on: March 21, 2008, 12:05:31 AM »
At the subregional today...suffering through the Badgers sleepwalk tonight.  Some thoughts from the QWEST.

>Kansas looked good on both ends of the court but was untested
>How did Kent State get a 9 seed?  10 point first half was dreadful--luckily we stepped out for the MU game.
>Kansas State is a home team.  They had 2/3rd's of the arena in purple tonight.  USC as a 6 was another bad seed.  Watching Floyd's crew in practice Thursday, you could tell they weren't prepared.  I was expecting a better game. 
>Beasley was in and out with early foul trouble.  USC was double teaming him but he still did what he wanted to at will.  KSU looked very good as a team--disciplined and knew what they wanted to do with the ball.  The Badgers will have a tough time with them.
>USC had the most talented team on the court...and I am not talking about the boys in shorts.  Their cheerleaders would go out to center court and pose until the cameras went back on at the end of the TV timeout and then start their routine.  Posers all.
>Nate Akognon torched Bucky.  I was not impressed with Flowers tonight.  Butch won this game with some help by Krabby.
>Bo cries on every whistle.  The foul differential was so bad that the crowd (non-Bucky) started to turn on the refs (Fullerton had a small contingent, but active).  Funny that the neutral fans caught on to Bo's MO.
>Ran into a lot of MU fans, some moms, friends of MU students out in Anaheim.  Creighton fans know all about MU and are cheering for them.  Warriors stood tall today and wouldn't give in despite Crawford's monster game.
>Full arena in both sessions today.